Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Hmm, DB wants to nom me, I missed that post. Maybe not him, if he was fash he wouldn't knowingly want me as Chancellor. And he knows I passed a lib policy he passed me so why would fash DB want me again

Okay so DB probably not bad guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah okay so Byers is almost certainly Hitler

In still thinking AA and Andy and someone but gently caress if I know. Could actually have been RF but I'm not counting on it

The nom should absolutely either be me or tmm

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

Yeah okay so Byers is almost certainly Hitler

In still thinking AA and Andy and someone but gently caress if I know. Could actually have been RF but I'm not counting on it

The nom should absolutely either be me or tmm

It has to be RF. Otherwise KB would have lied.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

It has to be RF. Otherwise KB would have lied.

Ah I forgot about that, fair enough

Then yeah. Nom tmm or me and let's finish this

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

kumba posted:

for like the millionth time being wrong or failing to read the game doesn't make you scum, this is an incredibly poor argument

Byers as Hitler, fascists are probably AA/Andy and someone. I'm not convinced RF was actually fash. If it wasn't him it's probably DB, I don't think it's pmush or tmm

You're also bad and wrong then, why would a liberal KB lie about RF as fascist? Unless you think Byers killed a fascist KB, which would also mean ba-duh-duh, Pig is a lying fascist. Your scenario absolves me, are you sure you aren't fascist or are you like mush failing to understand the game

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

You're also bad and wrong then, why would a liberal KB lie about RF as fascist? Unless you think Byers killed a fascist KB, which would also mean ba-duh-duh, Pig is a lying fascist. Your scenario absolves me, are you sure you aren't fascist or are you like mush failing to understand the game

Nominate kumba of mush, both are failing to comprehend the game and that probably makes them liberal.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Byers > RF > Pig > Capn?

Byers as Hitler only if he thinks that's winning is impossible by draw of the deck.

Otherwise it would have to be capn. RF is dead, and Pig has been proven not Hitler with nomination.

Ugh, just nominate me. I'm not Hitler. If the deck doesn't have a liberal draw it's game over anyhow. I didn't have a choice to stop pig from enacting his fascist policy. I just got passed two fascist cards and he lies about what he drew.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Byers confession
RF investigation
Pig conflict

All are fascists with a possible Byers Hitler. Who's the last?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, here is how everyone looks from my eyes:

in current Presidential order:

PMush - I am a little torn here and it's because of she selected Byers as her chancellor on the first turn. Like I just don't know how to organize my thoughts about her right now. I'm inclined to trust her since she wants me to pick me as chancellor, but I'm also worried that she is just saying that to help try and get herself elected as a fascist.

CapnAndy - I am honestly not sure and it's frustrating the hell out of me. I don't really trust him at all, but I still acknowledge that he could actually be a liberal and to not even be able to get that coming back from him is just extremely irritating. I hate how even now he can't even seem to acknowledge that I absolutely have to be a liberal. I hate that he isn't taking any sort of responsibility for his own actions in electing Byers and instead wants to pin it all on me.

CPig - He is in conflict with AA. Now we know he is NOT Hitler and we know he was telling the truth about KB, but it's still possible that he lied about AA and told the truth about KB for credit. However, he might be our last gasp chance to win and we will have to decide if we want to elect him and take the chance if a PMush/Capn government gets elected and vetoes a policy or if we want to take a shot at the top card.

DB - I wish we could get here to elect a President because I would be pretty comfortable with a DB President and I would probably accept him as the next Chancellor as well (but I still think the next chancellor should be me). I still think that any fascist in his position during that 5th government would just put the game into the Hitler zone and blame the deck.

kumba - Another person I wish we could get to as I think he would also be a good President and would probably accept him as Chancellor as well although I am still concerned that kumba could be Hitler. Now one thing that does soothe me is that we now know Capn/kumba can't possibly both be fascists.

AA - He is in conflict with CPig. One of them is definitely a fascist. He absolutely can not be elected chancellor for the next draw or if we decide to try one more person. Sorry AA, you're locked out. I'd prefer to lock out CPig as well, but we at least know he isn't Hitler and he told the truth about KB, plus we would only be using him as a last gasp to try and win.

TMM - At this point, I don't see how anyone could think I'm a fascist. Yes, I made the mistake of trusting Byers, but we are all somewhat complicit in that because we did vote for him the first time. And people voted for him a second time after he went fascist on during the first government.

Personally, I think that whomever we decide is the best President option from PMush/Capn should pick me as the chancellor. If the President is a fascist, we are going to lose, if the president is a liberal we will either win or veto. If we veto, then we would have to decide whether to trust CPig as president (probably picking one of kumba/DB as chancellor) or if we want to just draw the top card.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

Hey Pmush, DB and kumba, who do you think are the other two fascists?

The first two being RF and Byers I'm assuing? I'd say AA and CaptAndy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Even KB agreed that I wasn't Hitler, the only way we lose is if there is no liberal draw. I should be the nomination. I should be cleared of Hitler in thread for the most part.

I'm not fascist. Byers and Pig both tried very hard to make me look like I was, and half of that cabal has imploded given that RF was caught early and blocked.

Pig had no choice but to clear KB

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
We're talking in circles and I probably won't be here tomorrow because of holiday stuff with the girlfriend. I'm not against kumba, him being for TMM gives me some encouragement, as does the lack of response to my question from people against it.

##nominate TMM

##vote yes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh if it's a foil victory by tmm he has earned it.

##vote yes

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Yes

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, well let's see what happens.

I hope PMush is liberal.

##vote Yes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

Ok, well let's see what happens.

I hope PMush is liberal.

##vote Yes

I hope you aren't hitler. Will be marginally salty.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I hope you aren't hitler. Will be marginally salty.

Not something you need to worry about.

I am 100% liberal.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

Not something you need to worry about.

I am 100% liberal.

:tinfoil:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote no I will only vote yes for db or kumba as chancellor

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:tinfoil:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote no I will only vote yes for db or kumba as chancellor

PMush Perfect posted:

Right now, TMM is the only one I can say with any certainty I think is lib. I don't think a fascist TMM would willingly give the libs that much info about past governments when it'd be much easier and benefit fascists much more to just say he doesn't remember. And I don't think he'd risk giving us faulty info when KB was right there on him and just as engaged, and could call him out on any discrepancies. (Same idea as well for the rest of the libs, but KB was most prominent.)

Anyone who thinks TMM is a bad nomination choice, can you justify to me why a fascist TMM would give libs so much crucial info?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

PMush Perfect posted:

We're talking in circles and I probably won't be here tomorrow because of holiday stuff with the girlfriend. I'm not against kumba, him being for TMM gives me some encouragement, as does the lack of response to my question from people against it.

##nominate TMM

##vote yes

We've been talking in circles for most of the game; full disclosure, I was rather sick of it and that's why my nominations were so fast. Had nothing to do with alignment or deeper plans, I was just sick of all the runaround.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Ok, let's get this moving. ##vote yes

:redhammer:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And out of that government comes... a Liberal policy! Congratulations Liberal team on barely suppressing the rise of Fascism.

The teams were:
Byers was Hitler, with Retro Futurist, Dick Bastardly, and CapitalistPig as his fellow Fascists
Everyone else Liberal of course

I'd do a bigger post to start discussing things, but I have to go out the door right about now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hurray! We won!

Holy poo poo that was close.

CapnAndy, I really think you need to adjust or something. I'm sorry I got extremely frustrated with you at the end, but you were so frustratingly rigid in your thinking that it was real hard to actually work with you on anything. I don't know how the rest of the people felt about you, but something about your attitude the whole game just rubbed me the wrong way. I held my tongue when you started calling out KB for being rude, but I didn't see him being rude or condescending or whatever. I really felt like you were talking things way to personally early in the game and seeing things that weren't actually there. But that is just my opinion.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, DB, did you actually pick 2L1F on your turn? Why would you pass 1L1F on the last hand of the deck when you could have easily just said the deck screwed you?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And thanks for the game Dancer. It's a real interesting game, but it definitely seems like it'd be a lot different in person or maybe in a discord channel. Someplace where you can just burn through the game in 30-60 minutes or something.

Some thoughts on future games: I think the long deadline times on things may have let tempers kind of stretch thin, especially towards the end of the game. Maybe run the first day at 48 hours, and then run each subsequent day as 48-72 hours but that would include everything (nomination, voting, powers). I actually didn't mind the not reading back thing at all. I pretty much played the whole game without really looking back at even the same game days posts.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This was fun thanks dancer.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’ve played this on discord and it was fun, but I don’t think the long form style of the forums works for it.

Although that just may just be due to the people taking notes like they’re loving Colombo or something and spending pages and pages going over everything well past it’s death

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

I’ve played this on discord and it was fun, but I don’t think the long form style of the forums works for it.

Although that just may just be due to the people taking notes like they’re loving Colombo or something and spending pages and pages going over everything well past it’s death

I honestly didn't keep notes at all. Everything I posted was pretty much straight from memory.

But yes, overall, I agree that I'm not sure the long form style of the forums works or at least it makes it a bit of a different beast.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

I honestly didn't keep notes at all. Everything I posted was pretty much straight from memory.

But yes, overall, I agree that I'm not sure the long form style of the forums works or at least it makes it a bit of a different beast.

i balanced you out by not being able to follow it at all! :)

glad it worked out, gg. it was fun but yeah im not sure id play this again forums style

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

Also, DB, did you actually pick 2L1F on your turn? Why would you pass 1L1F on the last hand of the deck when you could have easily just said the deck screwed you?

Yes, I told the truth. It was 2L1F

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Thanks for running Dancer. Got a little boring near the end with the running in circles but I had fun overall.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yes, I told the truth. It was 2L1F

You mean you lied?

You said you picked 2F1L and passed 1F1L. Or at least I thought that's what you said, I guess I can actually go back and look now.

Yeah, I asked if you got 2 liberal cards and you're response was:

I mean I guess it got you some credit with me later in the game since I assumed it was true, but I also would have given you the same amount of credit

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

You mean you lied?

You said you picked 2F1L and passed 1F1L. Or at least I thought that's what you said, I guess I can actually go back and look now.

Yeah, I asked if you got 2 liberal cards and you're response was:

I mean I guess it got you some credit with me later in the game since I assumed it was true, but I also would have given you the same amount of credit

Oops, I guess I did lie. The reason I was good at it was because I believed my own lies apparently.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Oops, I guess I did lie. The reason I was good at it was because I believed my own lies apparently.

Technically, the deck really did screw you since you were a fascist and certainly wanted to force a fascist policy there.

So maybe getting it wrong was the best thing since I might have been a little less adamant about you being a liberal later in the game. I still likely would have thought you were liberal, but maybe just not as liberal.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good game. Didn't expect a lot of what transpired.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:woop:

I was wrong about both Andy and AA but at least my hunch on TMM was right.

I'd agree that either it has to be in Discord, or with shorter deadlines. Three days to talk it over is too long.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So, the two main things I wanna talk about.

First of all, the deadlines. Maybe I'm in a slightly different disposition to the rest of you, but to me, it's very hard to view a 3 day deadline as "exceedingly long" in a forums context. This is in my mind a place where people absolutely exist that may let a full day pass without checking in, and a simple exchange between two people where they respond to each other 3 times (so A-B-A-B) might require 2 full days if the timezones and schedules of the two happen to not work together well. If I set the deadline to 24/36 hours, then a full game round may pass without giving certain people the chance to offer their input. Do you all think such a game could possibly work?
(I'd also be happy to GM via discord, but I also kinda doubt we could get 8 active, willing, people online at the same time).

Secondly, things got a bit heated a few times. I haven't been very active, nor have I been around for so long, in the SA mafia community, so I have this impression that you folks would very much dislike the admin coming in to comment on things like this, so I just let it go. I was thinking of the whole "it's a social game, so you're going to use any social tools available to potentially get information" principle, but I was rather uncomfortable a few times. Should I just accept this and move on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Emotions often run wild in this community lol, as long as no one was seriously mean it is probably fine.

I think there were some dumbs, and loving idiots, and things of that nature, but I don't think I saw any personal attacks.

• Locked thread