Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ccs posted:

Now I'm picturing a Fate/Stay Night series where Archer is summoned as the Archer legendary warrior.
Archer: So you're in High School?
Rin: Yes!
Archer: And your father got knifed to death by that sketchy-looking priest over there
Rin: I think so, yes
Archer: So you want me to kill everyone else
Rin: Exc--
Archer: Ah, yeah, except that orange-haired special ed kid
Rin: He's not retarded! And it's not like I care what happens to him!
Archer: Right
Rin: But if he survives, that'd be nice. :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

and then the grail would spill angra mainyu all over him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQEIRAnNY4o

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Those components are basically "Let's make a Procedural Anime so that otakus can talk to their CSI/NCIS-watching moms about the one topic they can all agree on: Mark Harmon is a Silver Fox"

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, the Kakegurui BD/DVD sales were apparently rather lackluster (like, in the lower 4-digits between all 6 Volumes / 12 episodes), but apparently both merchandise + manga sales have been fairly solid and even gone up as a result of the anime, so the 2nd season getting announced earlier this year was really no surprise; or maybe it was already in the talks due to Netflix :retrogames:ing it up. Even if it was only a little over 1 year, sometimes I miss working in that place, everything was very cool and down to earth. The only thing I kinda hated was the jet-lag.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

drilldo squirt posted:

Rin is in the background coming to terms with some drunk rear end in a top hat ending the thing she has dedicated her life to.

drilldo squirt posted:

Also, whoever else isn't dead yet.
Rin Tohsaka: Type-Moon's beleaguered Tsundere/plaything. :D

Cake Attack posted:

archer becomes garbage after season 4 so no big loss
There are some episodes here and there that are still plenty good (which is, I'm guessing, owed to the fact that seasons are like 10-13 episodes instead of longer), but on the whole, yeah: Season 4 was the last great front-to-back season.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, hopefully they just ignore the filler ending.
Still haven't read the manga, but I'm thinking in the 2nd season Kirari is gonna go "Y'know what? I take that back: I want my Student Council back. Otherwise I'm gonna have to trawl for some lesbian rear end independently which admittedly ain't that hard taking into account: A) I'm hot as hell B) I'm voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro C) The ridiculous amount of money I can make rain... but I'd rather they all come to me 'cause screw making that effort"

Only, y'know, written better than that. Seriously, though:

Even if she's crazier than a shithouse rat and scarier than many of the demons in the Ars Goetia, dayum. :blush:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

oh no, not the incredibly inoffensive zero no tsukaima
It's Harry Potter but with a crappier harem! It deserves every bit of scorn it gets! :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

and i must meme posted:

who is in harry potter's original harem?
Hermione, Ron, Draco, and Neville of course!

This is my daughter's influence seeping, for I sincerely do not have all that much attachment to the Harry Potter franchise. I enjoyed the films a great deal, though. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, that was the right amount of fluffy and goofy. Thanks! :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Suspect A posted:

Anyone watch Aggretsuko? My sister seems to relate too much to that show.
It's a good show. I can't relate to it because I only hate my job like 5 days out of the whole year.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Little Witch Academia is-- along with Yuru Camp and A Place Further than the Universe-- in my highly biased and incredibly arrogant-rear end opinion, the best thing that happened to anime in recent times.

It saved anime, manga, light novels, my heart, my soul, my wallet, waifus, husbandos, mechas, cuties and I will cherish it for a long-rear end time.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

A question I have about Aggretsko is the whole thing about how Retsko's boyfriend comes home to a poo poo ton of plants. Is this suppose to show that there's "more than meets the eye with this guy" or is it suppose to show that he's creepy?
It's less that he's creepy and more than he's just "not there" for other people, like he doesn't know what's up. It's what they call "Can't read the mood" / 「空気を読ない」(Kuuki wo yomenai) in Japanese culture. So, since he can see what's up with the plants, he's able to take care of them accordingly. Or at least that's my theory. My experience with people like that comes from having a couple of friends who are just like that; this side of the pacific I have mainly two buddies who are sorta like that, one it's his guitars and the other one with his gadgets/computers. The latter almost eerily reminds me of Resasuke, but slightly older. It's like the one thing they can see that there might be something wrong and they take utmost care of it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't the series at one point legally available through YouTube at no cost? Darker than Black, I mean.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo

Holy poo poo! :five:

HOLY poo poo! :vince:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

Director of Anime at Netflix:

also sounds like simulcasts aren't happening any time soon

http://www.thegeeklygrind.com/a-man-with-a-mission-a-conversation-with-taito-okiura-director-of-anime-at-netflix-japan/
Wow. Shocked to say the least. This is my shocked face. :geno:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

does neo-yokio count as anime? asking for a friend
Sleazy Anituber Gigguk talked about it, so it probably does.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Indeed. And not "good poo poo!" in the sense that it's off the hook.

poo poo like, from a butt.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SpazmasterX posted:

That soundtrack though :vince:
Hiroyuki Sawano is often usually a shining element for most of the series he's in. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wait, there was an actual african samurai? where can i find out more about this, because that dude's story must be fascinating.
If I don't misremember my history, dude mobbed with the O.D.A.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

owl milk posted:

they go to the trouble of making a recognizable gibson hummingbird but don't bother plugging the keyboard into any speakers or even using a real nord design. plus lol hummingbirds are like 3 g's just get a martin dreadnought for that much, gibsons are way overpriced. totally smh right now at these dumb anime girls
Let's be fair: It's not like Gibson is currently in the best place financially speaking (glad CEO Fucknugget is out, though). I thought the Nord thing was weird, too.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That is adorable as hell. :kimchi:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
  • Gintama
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Ichi the Killer
  • Blade of the Immortal
  • The Black Swan?
e: grammar

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 28, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh! Blue Blazes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qntj0rUUQI8

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Edge of Tomorrow is based on All You Need is Kill, a japanese Light Novel written by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. Among other things he has written is Saitama Chainsaw Girl (those three words sum up the basic premise but don't even begin to describe the insanity packed into a single volume of manga) and a light novel series called Modern Magic Made Simple (what if Magic was basically software programs? Oh, and we're Magical Girls!).

Also, apparently there's a sequel novel in the works for All You Need is Kill. So yeah.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, you can probably trace that back to stuff like Aya Nishitani's Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei (the novel that basically paved the way for the Megami Tensei franchise) or probably even earlier.

e:beaten like a chump!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Let's be fair: While some of his works haven't aged super well, there's probably very little stuff he hasn't influenced. He's definitely up there in terms of influence with Osamu Tezuka (Astro Boy, The Princess Knight), Shigeru Mizuki (Kitaro) and the Forty-Niners as far as super-popular/fairly influential mangaka.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

hero mask is an awful combination of superhero movies and jason bourne and nobody should suffer through it
Shaky cam and all? G'ah.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I was willing to give it a chance but the guy they picked to replace Barrero as Seiya isn't even a dub actor and thus, is horrible in the role. So no thanks, I pass.
Still hurts, don't it? :(:hf::(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TV Zombie posted:

Has Kakegurui already been released in Japan and is now coming to other regions by Netflix?
Both seasons of Kakegurui streamed in Netflix Japan as it was coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And while not on Netflix, SSSS.Gridman is a pretty baller anime and if you have yet to watch, get on it!