Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Memento posted:

Turns out you can blame Edmund a whole bunch. GGG big brothered him in 2 and made him look like an absolute amateur.

nah. the guy wasn't ranked at any weight and ggg is one of the best boxers on the planet with impossible power. ranked middleweights have looked at least that bad against him. there isn't a trainer on the planet who could have made that guy any more effective against ggg.

edmond is absolutely terrible though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

holy poo poo lol. i mean, good, don't be a bitch, but at the same time yair was pretty fun.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

congratulations to mike perry for winning his hood pass

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

wanna watch a card with danny brown

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

guess its too much to ask for a terrorist to hit a lucky shot once in a while

drat lol

El Roncho posted:

Did everyone just not see her UFC debut or something?

forreal

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

So Conor and Khabib huh? I thought the UFC would make a token effort to appear to not completely excuse the bus incident but hey I appreciate the honesty.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

david carmichael posted:

I hope the russia card is like the brazilian cards or european cards where it is garbage nobody locals getting smashed by b league foreigners

Also i dont think mighty mouse is what i would call rich. But for sure he should fight tj/cody/dom instead of whoever, and if dana has to pay him more to make it happen then he should

ya

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Untrustable posted:

My brother was in prison for 9 years and told me he would microwave baby oil and put it on the floor of his cell except for the place he was standing. He'd then call out someone in the common area and when they came running in they'd slip and slide and he, standing in the only dry spot, would just pummel them while they tried to gain traction. That's the best base for MMA.

drat lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Untrustable posted:

Probably 6 months after he got out I went out on a drive and took him with me and just let him talk about prison. He loved it but he's also probably very mentally ill. Fights could break out due to "heart checks" which is where someone tries to punk you to see if you're an easy target or not. He would react by heating up the baby oil and then talking poo poo from his dry spot. He said eventually it got to the point where no one would come in his cell if he was talking poo poo because they knew what was coming. Since they refused to engage in what was an almost guaranteed beating, they were seen as "bitches" and generally treated worse by the overall population. The only way to win was to enter the oildome and get beaten up to show you weren't a "bitch".

We missed so many visitation days because he was always in solitary. It wasn't limited to the baby oil beatdowns. He was and is still pretty formidable even without a clear advantage. I still give him poo poo though because he came out of prison at a well defined 185 or so and then put on tons of weight which I like to call the "freedom fifty".

incredible

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'm trying to imagine having that specific repuation in prison. 'oh, that's the baby oil guy. you either go into the oil cell with him and get bashed into a greasy mush or get called gay and robbed / hosed a lot.'

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

ehhhh i try vary ard to lure my oppo-nent into my oil lair, all credit to bitches

Lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Standing in the armistice zone of a baby oil themed prison cell screaming insults

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

did the actual cell dwellers of the oildome have a secret map of where to tread?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

what was his favourite antagonism to scream at his fellow inmates to coerce them into his domain?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Untrustable posted:

Ok I just got off the phone with my brother and he has answered your oil dome questions. I'm quoting him pretty much directly.

Did anyone ever conquer the oil cell? "No, no one hosed with me in prison".

How did you bait people into the cell? "I talked poo poo and they'd come runnin'. I'd call them faggots or pussies and tell them to come get me".

Was it weird calling people faggots since you're an openly gay man? "No. It was loving prison."

How did you get people over and over? "You wanted to either catch one of the new guys who was acting tough, or wait long enough for someone to forget that you had done it to them before"

So people willingly entered your oil cell even after getting beat up in the same way? Why? "Because if they didn't come at me they'd be fuckin' losers and the rest of the guys would gently caress with them."

Who taught you this? Or did you come up with it on your own? "It's just prison poo poo. Everyone did it."

And a shocking revelation...

You're telling me your whole cell block knew the oil gambit and did it to each other? "Yeah but I was really good at it."

Did you ever get oiled? "Yeah but he was naked and oiled himself up and I was naked so it was a fair fight."

Did you win? "Yeah."

He says he's glad y'all can have a laugh about it and says hi.

lol @ everything

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it's going to suck in 5 years time when i remember oildome and spend 45 minutes laughing about it but can't find the thread because the sa forums no longer exist or it still exists but retains the current search functionality

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Dave posted:

I love the story but lol at everyone just blindly believing guy in prison claiming he never lost a fight.

i'm not going to earnestly defend the oildome guy's honour but he litereally never claimed that. please present some further argument that the baby oil prison man is just an outlandish story told to entertain the somethingawful forum

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

> Did anyone ever conquer the oil cell? "No, no one hosed with me in prison".

He might have lost some matches outside the Oildome, but inside he was never defeated.

it would be weird to me if he didn't win the fights in the location he booby trapped specifically to win fights.

sorry, i still believe in the oildome's legitimacy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Matt Lindland posted:

I don't give a crap about NONE of that stuff.

not caring about things is big brain level for sure, but not caring about oildome is galaxy brain at least

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

why is demian maia like a +400 underdog against kamaru usman? i don't know who usman is despite having seen him fight about 6 times apparently.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Usman is a great wrestler, as are the two guys who Maia last fought and rendered him utterly ineffective

This fight is going to be a snoozefest

Didn't Colby get severely bashed by Maia until Maia gassed? How's Usman's hands?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hmm sounds like +400 material to me.

not that i give a poo poo. if i've got to watched a 50 year old man fight this weekend it may as well be adonis stevenson.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

got free tickets to ufc:boise ftw mother fucker

that's cool. you can combine it with a trip to the.... old penetentiary!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

you guys know there's a gdt?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Hunt will trouble him with his punching.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

who's that enormous fella making GBS threads himself?

oh that's mark hunt. he got bashed retarded by his abusive father before becoming adicted to ice and when brawling outside a pub he got picked up by a gym and then fought the most devastating monsters kickboxing has ever produced and gave as good as he got. then when he was like 400 he started a successful mixed martial arts career and fought for the title in the most prestigious organisation in the game.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

good poo poo nicholas

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fat Twitter Man posted:

nice fake tweet created with tweeterino.com

lmao come on dude like kanye knows who nick diaz is lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

he spent five hours standing in the rain in front of a Brooklyn precinct

lol again

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

Hey when does the reebok deal expire? It just occurred to me that every single player in the Overwatch League, including the alternates who don't see play, will make more money this year than most prelim guys in the UFC who fight 2-3 times a year.

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

- fake fights hosted by sex cam websites where viewers pay money to order you to suck off your opponent which you are contractually obliged to do despite being a former ufc heavyweight champion

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

bisping despite being a gigantic dickhead has had one of the best narratives the sport has ever seen and i wish him well after he dies for our viewing pleasure against someone he should not beat in the near future.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

RIP donraper

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

does anyone even watch the one at a time interviews any more? i used to throw on the group panels all the time and just listen out for anything amusing. now i sincerely do not give a poo poo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcZXFpERGjY

till lost his vision during his weight cut, this is hosed up

why did they produce a show displaying this? this is hosed up and bad for the sport.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

sport should always air its dirty laundry in my opinion

i should clarify, i mean videoing this and apparently endorsing it because you're not doing anything to stop it is bad for the sport, not the fact that it's been shown as a topic for discussion

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it's just a world-wide symbol of hate and intolerance! get some perspective snowflakes!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

those ss tatts are really high quality for a prison job. mustve been 'gently caress jews' dave or possibly 'reich'ard whiteman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol

• Locked thread