Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Grimoire posted:

POEverse + Icewind Dale + Bleak Walkers

Just bask in Living Lands weird countryside and big dungeons, then murder it for loot.

I want an IWD style spin off so much. This game finally gets RTwP combat right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Tyranny is free for 3 days and it and its expansions are on sale on steam, if anyone has a hankering for a more cynical and weirder Pillars engine RPG.

I'd probably feel happier about this if I didn't buy the expansions 2 days ago and start a new character yesterday, but them's the breaks. At least I finally made the right choice of playing a caster and mustered the enthusiasm to get past act 1.

Akong
Nov 6, 2010

Xaurips are reptilian humanoids about the size of orlans.
That was a pretty cool event. The one where you address your crew for the first time and tell them what kind of a captain you are and what you plan to do with your freshly repaired ship.

Too bad it fired 56 hours into my playthrough...

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Trip report so far on Ranger/Priest (Ghostwalker/Eothas): Actually not bad. The pet summons really quickly, so you just summon it, cast a buff, and then shoot or cast more as needed. The pet is useful added dps and helps keep things off you so that you can get off your long cast spells more easily.

I could see a Stalker/Priest working decently if you focused on melee weapons. Go like Berath, summon the great sword + buff, then beat on poo poo with your pet.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 25, 2018

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Akong posted:

That was a pretty cool event. The one where you address your crew for the first time and tell them what kind of a captain you are and what you plan to do with your freshly repaired ship.

...huh, I just remembered that. Worked like a charm the first time and I didn't notice its absence the rest of the playthroughs.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Akong posted:

At least that will make sense in my current playthrough if it happens since I picked the drunken pose

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The old town is kicking my rear end on POTD, im level 6 is that the reason? I took a lift down because it seemed like the natural flow of things

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

frajaq posted:

"Another feature that the team is really excited about is what we are calling "Magran's Fires". Similar to Berath's Blessings, these modes can be enabled from the main menu and will add gameplay modifiers for challenges above and beyond Path of the Damned. In addition to the returning Triple Crown and Triple Crown Solo challenges, we will be rolling out challenges themed to Eora's gods, beginning with Berath, Galawain, and, of course, Magran. As always, we are listening to feedback on what you would like to see in future updates."

GrandpaPants posted:

Having the challenge mode options be based on how different gods would gently caress you would be interesting from a flavor perspective. Rymrgand's curse could prevent in-combat ressing and reduce healing, Skaen's can weigh negative companion much more than positive ones and lower crew morale a lot quicker, etc.

:smug:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

flashman posted:

The old town is kicking my rear end on POTD, im level 6 is that the reason? I took a lift down because it seemed like the natural flow of things

Yep! It's more like level 10. A few story elements tie into it but there's plenty of appropriate side stuff available before it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

flashman posted:

get the gently caress out of there man

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Floating loving skulls :skeltal:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Having Mirke deliver an 842 damage punch in her first fight made me laugh my rear end off. That poor fampyr. (Empowered Inner Death, so par for the course really.)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Man, I have been killing poo poo with triple digit damage without empowering. I shudder to think what I would do if I did.

What happens when you empower rage? Do you make it last longer or are effects enhanced, from the buffs to the damage you get when activating Spirit Storm?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
What are the new alcohol items? Or where are they being sold? I need to see the new content

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

2house2fly posted:

What are the new alcohol items? Or where are they being sold? I need to see the new content

Think it's Dunnage.

Also Mirke's Rogue multiclass is apparently a Streetfighter?

e: This drunk pose is something else

Scorchy fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 25, 2018

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So Veteran/POTD difficulty is supposed to be fixed in the big June patch. Dunno if I should hold off on continuing my file or just keep going.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

flashman posted:

You can do it around lvl 8.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

flashman posted:

6 on vet is doable. On POTD 8 should be ok, but you'll be blowing all consumables you've hoarded to date

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

quote:

"The development team is also hard at work on updating Pillars 2 with the next update bringing a host of improvements and features, like the ability to change the player character’s appearance at any time," reads a statement. "[This] will be released alongside the next free DLC, the Beard and Hair Pack, early next month."
https://www.pcgamer.com/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-rum-runners-pack-dlc-out-now/

More appearance options coming.

Interesting to see a appearance editor in the middle of the game (I hacked together some crap in cheat engine in order to change my hair and hair color)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

What's the level recommendation for White March 2 again? I forgot how nasty this stuff is. The Radiant Spore boss basically instantly kills a party member per attack. Those stupid tendrils do like 70 damage per attack.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

Fun fact: Eder can die during the fight on the ship at the very start of the game, and he does not show up on the beach, nor does the Steward mention him at all. It seems pretty unlikely but it's pretty funny to me that someone could, presumably, not realize that Eder is supposed to be a permanent party member.

Actually if you solo POE1 and never meet/dump Eder or Aloth they just aren't there. Which makes sense, the game can't tell the difference between a solo game and dead/unmet companions.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

also if you don't meet Pallegina in PoE 1 is she available in PoE 2? Unlike Eder/Aloth it does make sense for her to be in Deadfire even if the watcher never met her

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I really really want to see what happens with the "everything bad" preset

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

frajaq posted:

also if you don't meet Pallegina in PoE 1 is she available in PoE 2? Unlike Eder/Aloth it does make sense for her to be in Deadfire even if the watcher never met her

Not really, she should be living in the republics not the deadfire if you don't talk to her in PoE1.

In PoE1 she either wouldn't have gotten access to Twin Elms, or she would have failed her mission until you intervened. Your intervention has her continuing working for the Republics (i think?) as like an ambassador or she's been working as a guard or whatever for a few years.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Small things but worth checking out. There's plenty of companions/sidekicks if you don't want a team of adventurers.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

get the gently caress out of there man

OK cool because I got past all these rot fiends then a shade battle and it seemed really hard. I dislike that there is no indication of just how hard a battle is going to be when I wander in a zone its a roll of the dice.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Should I make ydwin a rogue or mindstalker?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I do love that they made an "everything bad" preset. I probably won't ever play it, but my cursor always hovers near it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
From what I read and I could be wrong, Everything bad is the only way to get fragments of both the Blade of the Endless Path and Whispers of Yenwood. You can then ask the blacksmith to combine the swords to make Whispers of the Endless Path, a greatsword that cleaves on hit in a cone.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tenzarin posted:

From what I read and I could be wrong, Everything bad is the only way to get fragments of both the Blade of the Endless Path and Whispers of Yenwood. You can then ask the blacksmith to combine the swords to make Whispers of the Endless Path, a greatsword that cleaves on hit in a cone.

Created legacies are bugged in general wrt the shards of the Blade of the Endless Paths. It works just fine for imports right now.

It's not an intentional situation.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

jokes posted:

I do love that they made an "everything bad" preset. I probably won't ever play it, but my cursor always hovers near it.

It's pretty fun to mess around with but I definitely couldn't see myself doing a "real" playthrough with it. Maybe pick it and see what happens if I just piss everyone off forever everywhere I go.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My party keeps dying instantly. If they drop, any quests they have fail, and their portrait disappears.

Details, about when/where it started but they're spoilered because:

This started after going to Magran's temple place that eothas asks you to meet him at. At first I thought it was a really stupid gimmick specifically for the turbo-men in the dungeon, but i recently lost half my party and had to reload during a pirate raid. What the gently caress is going on? Did I get bugged? I made a new character and it's no longer doing this.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

basic hitler posted:

My party keeps dying instantly. If they drop, any quests they have fail, and their portrait disappears.

This started after going to Magran's temple place that eothas asks you to meet him at. At first I thought it was a really stupid gimmick specifically for the turbo-men in the dungeon, but i recently lost half my party and had to reload during a pirate raid. What the gently caress is going on? Did I get bugged? I made a new character and it's no longer doing this.

If characters take 3 injuries without resting, they die permanently. Either hit an inn or rest and make sure to give them some hardtack or whatever.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?

basic hitler posted:

Did you equip a pet that you found over there? You might have missed some of the fine print.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Yeah de-equip your good buddy Grog.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

StringOfLetters posted:

Did you equip a pet that you found over there? You might have missed some of the fine print.

Jesus christ, i'm an idiot. I've been suffering needlessly to the point I rerolled over this problem. Why yes, yes I did equip a pet.

Now to decide to reroll, or stick with my new game. I rather enjoy my Ghost Heart ranger over my ghost heart/cipher

overall not sure i'm a very big fan of multiclassing in general.

Poop Lawyer
Apr 20, 2009
I had something similar happen to me after I equipped the ring you get from doing Pallegina's quest. I think it gives death godlikes a 10% chance to insta-kill kith, so I was accidentally chunking 1 or 2 party members with my berserker's carnage every fight. It ruled.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Tenzarin posted:

I imported my save (I got both of them in the save) and used that greatsword on my paladin/wizard. It's actually pretty great because it takes the cone into account when hitting dudes, so it can be swung from behind a frontliner like a pike or quarterstaff.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Well beat it with my Wizard/Priest. Never did finish Aloth's quest because I didn't know where to go. I left the northwest/southeast of the map unexplored and only did Rauatai quests for the most part. Combat was auto pilot for a while. Looking forward to giving it another full run once the balance patch hits. No idea what class yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

So far the only noticeable thing is the gods loving you in various creative ways. Berath in particular was pretty neat. If you want to metagame, spoilers.

the stat boost blessing will negate most of Beraths temporary curse, sell all your scrolls before talking to Eothas a second time. You can immediately unequip Hyleas bird poo poo sails/hull.

I will say there's a noticeable amount of minor characters alive which seems odd to me. Having the Blade of Endless Paths fragments also feels off. It's not as bleak as the subtext makes it out to be. Unless you need Eder/Aloth/Pallagina I guess.