Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Does anyone have that list of level 8/9 abilities handy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Skald was a ton of fun in the beta. I'd seriously consider converting my old Cipher to one.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

I’m pretty sure there was some fighter / barbarian combo that abrogated rage drawbacks somehow
One of the upgrades for disciplined barrage gives you an intellect buff, canceling the confusion.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

Change my mind? As soon as I heard there was a baby involved, I said "imma take that baby" and was simply surprised the game let me.

I might actually be a witch irl.
I'm still mad that Barbarian/Cipher = Witch and those classes seem to have no synergy whatsoever. Or rather, that the synergy, like in a lot of Cipher classes multiclasses, is probably best found by using a Soul Blade and focusing pretty hard on the Barbarian side while using the Cipher for essentially passives, biting whip, and Annihilation for ridiculous damage. The cipher side buffs the melee side instead of vice versa, which is what I'd hoped.

e: Nice, got my Berath sails from the scavenger hunt. I'd already returned the souls to Berath as pledged, so being brought back by them feels like a really natural progression.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 7, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Walrus Pete posted:

Does carnage not contribute to focus gain? That's the only thing I can think of that'd make you think barbarian doesn't support cipher very well.
I do not remember it doing so in the beta, no.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

charms posted:

Multiclass if you like dialogue options, single class if you like ridiculous overpowered abilities
Not all of them seem too too ridiculous. Cipher's high-level abilities honestly don't seem too great, which would push me towards multiclassing but I also want those sweet abilities faster, so...

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Was gonna say mind web is great but that got nerfed too. :argh: Driving echoes still seem good with how big of a deal penetration is now though.

And another thing to consider is that if you multiclass your powers will not only come later, but be weaker too.
Yeah, I think I've settled on a pure Cipher, but can't decide between Beguiler or Ascendant. I honestly don't want to run a Soul Blade even though I was planning on a melee cipher since I mostly like the "charge spells with melee" aspect and still want to be a caster and Soul Blade seems to get a lot of value by dumping tons of focus into Annihilation.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Harrow posted:

Now to figure out how terrible an idea it would be to go Shattered Pillar Monk/Ascendant Cipher dual class...

Like it seems like it would work really well, right? Both gain their main resource by hitting things, and Ascendant specifically wants to wait to use Cipher powers until max Focus, so having those Monk powers to use on the way there seems good. Plus, y'know, Soul Whip.

But I feel like there's got to be something about that combination that doesn't work well because it just seems far too cool.

It'll be really cool but you'll be hurting for skill points. Both classes have a lot of abilities they want (but don't really need) and you'll be spread pretty thin. It'll be good and work well though.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Vargs posted:

Soul blade seems boring imo. Instead of having a variety of cool spells, you just use your focus on a generic "hit single dude for some damage" skill. Yawn.
Yeah. Its perfect if you want a little Cipher to complement your Warrior-type, but otherwise I don't really want to use it, either solo or as someone who I'd want to play as a Cipher with a bit more combat ability.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
In the "build your own history" section, is there really nothing for "Zahua went back and united several small Ixamitl tribes"?

e: And there IS a section for "I drove the Sky Dragon away?" What? I didn't know you could do that, I thought you had to kill it or let it stay.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 8, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Chadzok posted:

Envious of people stuck on character creation.. I can't even decide on difficulty and level scaling. Can I change them later on if things get too easy/hard?
Unless you pick PotD, you can change difficulty at will. I don't know about level scaling though.

And just making sure that nothing changed since beta, but: Beguilers only have a downside if their target isn't debuffed or flanked, right? And since Ciphers easily get access to the "everything is now flanked forever" debuff at, like, level 3, in practice they have no downside? (Also not much of an upside besides some Focus refunding for stacking debuffs, but still)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
What class should Xoti be? I feel like giving us that choice without letting us see the skilltrees like you can for PC creation is kind of rough. I almost went Cipher/Monk myself (but decided against it in favor of pure Cipher) and while I think monks are cool, I also think having a melee Cipher, a Monk/Priest, a Paladin(maybe Chanter) and Fighter/Rogue is a bit much.

e: I may also be regretting not going Monk/Cipher already, but I'll survive I think.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Yeah, the Swashbuckler really needs Streetfighter to shine, which was what I was hoping for. Oh well.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

nessin posted:

Go pure Priest for Xoti. There is no synergy between Monk and Priest so it's basically just a Priest whose weaker at doing Priesty things without a whole lot of extra boost from Monk in melee. If your PC is a Priest or you're going to use a custom one then go ahead and make her a pure Monk, but the multiclass is the worst possible option.

Cool, I ended up with that. Also, Jesus, I almost regret taking Draining Whip. Not because I don't get enough Focus, but because I get so much Focus and don't have enough non-debuff powers to actually use it all. Draining Whip + quarterstaff makes you gain Focus at a ridiculous rate and I need to take a spammable damage spell I suppose.

e: Also should have started on PotD. Veteran is way too easy so far.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 9, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Wait, it looks like unique weapons/armors also now have unique enchantments. It might just be based on type, but this unique axe I have has different enchantment options than the sword, and both Aloth and Eder have different available enchantments for their armors too. That's loving neat.

e2: Aloth's unique anti-Leaden Key Scepter can be upgraded to grant a 50% chance to reflect Condemnation and Punishment attacks. Jesus, under certain circumstances that's amazing.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

derra posted:

Escape is where it's at anyway.

Also, in case you're wondering, the club modal makes club hits reduce Will by 25 for the cost of 25% damage. TWENTY FIVE. I imagine the other two defense lowering modals are similar.
Huh. I should really get the club modal going for a few of my front-liners while my Cipher keeps going with the quarterstaff and pistols. And get a few one-handed weapons going too just because. gently caress, there are so many cool weapon choices.

There's a really nice club in the first village too.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Can someone spoil the exact locations of the sidekicks?
Konstantinen the Barbarian/Chanter is in the brothel in Neketaka. Haven't found any others.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 9, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

lurksion posted:

World state bugs are really annoying, seem to apply even to built ones.

e.g. I don't have the fragments of the endless paths to reforge, Caroc appears to be dead (or at least her armor shows up as a unique chestpiece in one of the shops), Skaen said I wiped Aelys mind, etc.
For the blade; did you check in your cabin? I found the fragments of Whispers of Yenwood there.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

I got the fragments for both blades in my cabin. It's probably the world state glitch rearing its head again.

VVVVVV I reforged the blade and still got the fragments.

I set the BotEP to have been reforged manually and they weren't in my cabin. drat. Worldstate bug is kinda rough. On the other hand, the game is so much more fluid to play that I don't mind the idea of a replay at all.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

I think Whispers of Treason and Dominate (but especially Whispers because of its cost) are borderline broken. I get 30 second charms on things, and unlike POE1, it doesn't wear off when only "friendly" units are left, so your team can just smack them around forever and as far as I can tell you can go around Charming the poo poo out of the enemy party. I haven't used anything else on my Cipher because there's no real reason to.
I haven't taken them yet because combat is already far too easy. I'm considering a PotD restart as-is.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
How do I even turn level scaling on? Right now clicking anywhere near the box in the options does nothing.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Gyoru posted:

Are you putting a cooldown on that conditional set? Sounds like you left it at the default of 0 so it's spamming it constantly. I usually use 15-20 as default and raise it if needed.
But if it checks to see if the target does or does not have a particular affliction, it shouldn't cast Eyestrike repeatedly unless all of them missed.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Axetrain posted:

Any ideas what Cipher synergizes well with? Wanna try out multiclassing this time around.
Fighter, Rogue, probably Monk. Maybe Paladin, though I haven't tried.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

Say, I found Vela on the beach, so I know I have successful Orlan rum baby import. But where is she on my boat?
Check belowdecks.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Maia: Ranger? I don't actually know who I'd sub her out for right now, at this point I feel like I want basically all of my party. Xoti is cool, Pallegina is always cool, Eder is Eder, and WERESHARK. I suppose I could make her a Ranger/Wizard to make up for kicking Aloth out, but that doesn't seem like it has a lot of synergy.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
How do non-party companion interactions play out? Like, if a companion isn't in your party, what interactions will you have with them as far as reputations, relationships, personal quests, etc?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Where can I grab Modwyr?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

I genuinely have no idea where Pallegina went off too after I saw her in the palace. Goodbye, bird lady, I hardly knew ye...
Head back to the Vailian Trading Company in Queen's Berth

Wizard Styles posted:

Go to the Gullet and take the elevator to the old city.
Thanks!

Companion interactions move fast. Teheku's propositioning me about 5 seconds after meeting him and Xoti and Pallegina are already having fights (though Xoti references a conversation that I don't think happened yet. Neat. Its messing with my planned ideal party, but I think I'll survive.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 10, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

NotALizardman posted:

I was flirting with Maia and then I decided to soul read her bird and Hylea started making fun of me, and gave me dating tips.

10/10 goty
Well drat, that's way more fun than the fishman. I flirted with him and Maia immediately said something to the effect of "If you weren't interested in Teheku..." and now I don't know where anything stands.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Good Lord that was a fuckton of Rotghasts in the Old City.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Unique companion subclasses so far:

Pallegina's Paladin
Xoti's Monk and Priest
Teheku's Druid
Maia's Ranger

I didn't multiclass Pallegina or Teheku, and Maia's Rogue isn't anything special. Who else gets subclasses?

Also, does this Sigil of Darkness debuff ever go away goddamn.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Man, taking the lift into the Old City early on can really mess with some quests.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So I just met Ydwin. Her hook seems like she was really clearly going to be a full companion at some point.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Deadfire does a really good job of making Goldpact Knights loving weirdos and I love it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Having played it a bunch more, Kind Wayferer / Soul Blade dual wielding is the poo poo. Paladin's inherent defenses + Flame heals lets you tank in light armor, so you hit like a truck super fast, you can bounce between Flame bursts and Annihilations for a really long time, exploding everything you come across while regenerating health like you have a super-charged Moonwell up. Some Cipher and Paladin abilities for utility, and you tank, dps, and support as good as any other class does one job.

The only thing that's beat this build so far is boarding a ship to find that they have 20+ guns pointed at me. Melted my party no matter what I tried, mostly before we could use even one ability so I reloaded an earlier save and just avoided that pirate. Not a fan of the ship battles so far.

Oh good, I'd wondered. I decided on a solo Cipher for my first run but I might seriously consider doing this route next time.

Just like PoE1, melee Ciphers work just fine (for now). Start with a quarterstaff or build Focus with a ranged weapon, then dive in like you're playing a rogue and start beating up Blind/Terrified/Confused/Flanked people. They can't tank, but they can hit things just fine.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ColdIronsBound posted:

It's on the Motare o Kozi island - 2 east, 1 north of Nekehara. There's a goody hut on the west of the island that has it.

Oh good, I was heading there next.

bewilderment posted:

Are romances mutually exclusive?
I'm in a flirt-relationship with Tekehu when I really want to get to know Maia better (but I don't know how, apparently I need to get sharkmeat somehow?)
I was in a very brief flirt-relationship with Tekehu and Maia said something about how maybe she'd be interested if I wasn't already seeing sharkboy. Breaking it off with Sharkboy a) doesn't seem reversable and b) didn't enable Maia, so I don't know.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

frajaq posted:

Ok what's the boon Rymrgand is supposed to give the player if you import a PoE 1 save where you pledged to him? Did mine bug?

For that matter, what's Beraths'?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Contrary to what was said in the thread earlier, I'm pretty sure Tekehu's "Frost and Water spells don't cause FF" ability does not apply to any spells he learns, but instead only to the bonus spell he gets for being a Watershaper. I picked Overwhelming Wave twice now and sent it through my allies. They take damage and get stunned. I've been able to drop Boiling Spray and Chill Fog, both bonus spells, on allies all day. I have not tried more thoroughly to figure out whether its just Overwhelming Wave that's bugged, but the text for Tekehu's ability would imply to me that it is only his bonus spell that gets the effect anyway.

Blockhouse posted:

yo give me the hookup where is this gun
Same

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
The symbol is also on the breastplate, vaguely.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Does anyone know if the 10% increased action speed for spells from the Rapid Casting talent applies to spell recovery as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So the unique Pollaxe gives an AoE attack for melee. I'm about to see if it does what I hope it does for Cipher Focus gain, and if so, I'm pretty sure the absolute best Cipher multiclass is going to be some kind of Cipher/Devoted (Pollaxe) combination. Its upgrades are pretty ridiculous too.

GrandpaPants posted:

How do I set it so that they all join at level 1? I'd love to stop spending money on respecs.
Its under options.