Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What stuff do you bring with you after finishing a game? Only the stuff on the person you finished with, or the stuff on all three people you bring along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Had a strange bug when I finished that game too. I was in the stockpile grabbing more ammo when the game ended. Throughout the ending, the stockpile UI was on screen, and stayed there until I got to the New Game+ screen. When I started the new game with three previous survivors, it looked normal. Then the game crashed when I opened the trunk of the starter truck. I reload, and I'm back at the Lake K-whatever base that I had in the previous game. Everything was obviously reset but this was nowhere near where I had started. I go about my business, gathering stuff and finding a car, when after about fifteen minutes my two companions come running up from all the way across the map. I didn't even know they could do that.

Anyway, I don't know if the bug is repeatable, or even if the crash at the truck was related.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

How long is everyone staying in the starting house? I've been hanging out there far too long.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

blastron posted:

I try not to post in this thread much because I don’t want to be mobbed but this is easily the second-most embarrassing bug I have ever had escape me and I am very sorry about this. It was literally just a bad file export and will be patched as soon as possible.

Well now you can't just drop that kind of comment and leave us hanging!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Microsoft and Undead Labs have a pretty tight relationship now, like Nintendo and Retro tight probably. I can't see it getting put on Steam for a long while if ever. Maybe if Valve gets off their rear end and improves Steam before all the other digital stores completely chip away at them, making the Windows Store redundant.

Then again, Windows Store has that game pass thing, and some other exclusives.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

El Seven posted:

Has anyone tried the new Dread & Nightmares zones?

I have just under two hours in the Dread zone - so far so good. I haven't attempted to take out a plague heart yet, so we'll see how that goes. Resources do seem scarcer and not seeing zombies on the mini map has forced me to be more vigilant. I encountered a horde made up of armoured zombies. I drove past as vehicles definitely accrue damage more quickly now.

Looking forward to unlocking all the legacies again.

What are they? I haven't kept up on the game.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Looks neat. Any news about a Steam version? I assume it's not going to happen at all.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

Microsoft seems weirdly open to working with other companies. Not that they arent a giant evil corporation like all the rest but just lately they seem to be all about pushing their IPs all over

After they acquired Rare, Microsoft let them make GBA games. I'm sure a lot of that had to do with MS not being in the portable market and wanting their newly acquired game devs to make more money for them.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Xbox game pass is on sale, THREE MONTHS for $1. You can install and play a bunch of decent games with that subscription, including SoD2.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Is this what finally causes me to upgrade to Windows 10

Windows ME has been dead for a while, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Kind of wonder how much SoD2 is gonna be on Steam. I never actually bought the game, I just played it during the two week Gamepass trial

I think it was $30 at launch? I'm hoping for a GotY version that includes all the DLC so far.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

Wait is there a new dlc?

https://www.stateofdecay.com/2019/06/09/heartland/

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Started Heartland, got to the first actual mission. Main character dies of Blood Plague with 2 hours left on the timer. I guess the Juggernaut pounding the floor kind of nearby that never actually hit me was giving me more Plague?

I'm just starting over anyway, I'm surprised you can continue Heartland with the main character dying.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I keep meaning to ask, how do you get such good GIFs? Is it something through Xbox?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I died again in Heartland to a Feral that snuck in while Mickey and I were fighting a Juggernaut and a horde. I think maybe I'll go back to the regular game and wait for Trumbull to get turned into a regular map.

... at least I hope they do. I also wish you could set up multiple bases, with each of them having a unique thing they provide to the group as a whole.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Do any of you use OBS with SoD2? It's not recording sound for me in just that game.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah I hate how dark it is, always. Sure it's a zombie game but no one plays this for horror, I want to be able to see what I'm doing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm really hoping a DLC brings in options to have multiple bases. Give them unique or more of something than the others.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

What's the best way to buy this for pc? Looks like it's not coming to steam any time soon...

Microsoft said they're bringing all the Windows Store games to Steam though I don't know the timeline.

This link will get you a subscription pass for $5 that lets you download the game with all DLC, and a bunch of other games.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've never technically paid for this game (thanks, Xbox Game Pass!) but I likely will on Steam. Hopefully it's actually a GOTY version or similar, so I can get some DLC I missed.

Also someday I might actually complete a Nightmare run.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I wish there was a bit more variety in the starter houses. Always getting the same layout in every map gets pretty old.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Did they mention a price, and I assume this is going on Steam? Also I hope the new map has several choices of starting houses instead of the same one over and over.

For a theoretical 3, I'd love to be able to take over an entire map, and also be able to build stuff anywhere. Or maybe just supplies around the map that you send survivors to work and build on, instead of being limited to one area.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Single player is fine, I don't think I've ever even played MP.

You have to have a Microsoft account, or at least it made me sign into mine.

I don't remember if there's a character creation mod but you can check on the Nexus; I doubt there's one for the Steam version yet.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/oxo2m

Vehicles are silly.

For bounties, do the the rewards and unlocks follow you if you change maps or do they start over?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm a weirdo that keeps my taskbar at the top of the screen instead of the bottom. This means that in borderless, the bottom part cuts off and I can't see the hotkeys in the inventory or stash. Playing in fullscreen, the cursor is offset by half an inch or so, making it harder to play.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Now that it's out on Steam, I'm a weirdo that wants to unlock all the legacies on all the difficulties.

Is there any reason not to start a map on normal, with a legacy, then change to Dread/Nightmare? I didn't see any achievements that it might apply to.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I hope they make a modding API and open up Steam Workshop support but I'm not going to hold my breath. This is the kinda game where you can add more simple content to freshen the loop significantly.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Drone strikes are very effective as well, I guess assuming the plague heart is against an outside wall?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Finally dragged myself through a Nightmare win. The controls were starting to get frustrating, especially when I'm on an elevated area trying to aim down and I jump off instead. Give us a button to hop down!

Builder down, Trader next.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

With the proper outposts, skills, and buildings, you can probably build a base that's totally self sufficient? From there you can actually play out the hundred days, or leave it running in the background with the sounds up so you can hear if there is a siege. A hundred days is a long time.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I think the *brief chuckle* subtitle always indicates that it's a trap.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm no programmer but it feels like vehicles are "replaced" by a more repaired version which can have wonky physics interactions as it comes into existence.

Probably that vehicle was repaired but the little trip it took made it worst than before.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I fell off a slight hill in my car and got lodged against a tree. Almost had it flipped back over when a Juggernaut charged it, lighting it on fire, while a Bloater appeared from nowhere and covered it in gross disease so now I'm dying and my car is completely on fire. It blows up 60 feet from my base, I get out on fire and manage to pick myself up from death but then immediately go down again because I'm still on fire and I die so now I'm mad at the game.

The option to Exile someone didn't exist; I wanted to get rid of my Gardener, as I already had someone with Hydroponics. Guess which one just died!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/oyd7en

I'm less mad at the game today.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Managed to get the Trader legacy boon on Nightmare with the help of a friend. Now I can aren't the 100 Day Nightmare achievement.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm cautiously excited. 2 is a lot of fun but it really feels like a 1.5 to me, and kept a lot of the annoying jank from the first time like controls. I'm sure I'll buy it regardless.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Back Hack posted:

FYI, Undead Labs hasn't even started developing SoD3, this is Microsoft marketing something that doesn't exist. The entire Showcase was Scalebound 2.0

My guess of "Early 2022" sounds much more wrong then

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What does everyone like to bring with them to a new Nightmare community? Someone filled with parts/samples/weapons etc. but also what else?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Overall it looks like a pretty nice patch and I'm glad they're still supporting the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

El Seven posted:

In case you were bored...introducing the Lethal Zone.

Gave it a go tonight. Lost one survivor within 15 minutes. A 5 minute plague timer is no joke!