Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

It took me a while to beat SoD1's story mode cause i'm anal and had to start over when i got Marcus killed. I hope he, and Sam "Ask me about my HUGE DICK" Hoffman make a appearance in 2 she's cool. even if they're just cameos in the non-canon horde mode whatever

Hopefully they remove the bs mechanic where your supplies would decay (no pun intended) while the game was switched off.

btw OP please add What'cha bring back for me? "Oh, y'know. Stuff." to the first post's Q&A section, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Neither are banned here in Australia. EB games is even promoting 2 pretty heavily in store

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

It’s playable right now here in Australia.

Now you can put zombies in a headlock, like your ai buddies would in the first game it’s neat

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Maxing out the cardio skill and picking a specialization unlocks the drop kick from SoD1. Also buffs the throw off the new grapple move.

Also, top tip for anyone new: bring extra explosives when traveling to destroy one of those blood heart things. The first one I encountered needed three molotovs & three tincan bombs to blow up. And according to the tooltips each successive one is even tougher

E: Found a second plague heart. this one took 6 molotovs and a landmine to destroy, yeesh

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 18, 2018

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Followers are so much better this time around. They’ll use guns, advanced fighting moves if they’ve been taught them, and they don’t cost any influence to hire. The only downsides to not constantly having a ai buddy is you’ll have one less labor at home base to build and it’s possible their blood plague meter can rise if they fight red eyed zombies.

E: oh neat. I dunno if they’ll show up ingame, but I just heard Lily the radio girl from SoD1 over the radio

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 19, 2018

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Also, this seems counter-intuitive but I'd highly recommend finishing the tutorial (getting your group of four people into the car and choosing a starting map), then quitting the game, deleting your save, and then starting a new game where you get access to a much wider pool of generated characters. All the tutorial pairs are absolute poo poo meanwhile the second character pool has tons of great people. I got someone with maxed out gardening, maxed out mechanics, and Design, which reduces the building time of all buildings by half.

Counterpoint: I picked the odd couple starter duo and the girl is a wisecracking punk gardener :3: I made her my group’s leader lol

Edit:

Croccers posted:

Are the bonus things from the Ult edition worth it?

The stuff from the preppers pack if you buy the ult edition online? Dunno about the prepper SUV, it costs 200 influence to radio it in and I cant be bothered to try it yet. The three grasscutter melee weapons are surprisingly good. Ive yet to find a bladed type weapon ingame with superior stats to em

The seeds, backpacks, and the garden mod aren’t unique/limited items or anything. but they’re nice to have in the first few hours.

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 23, 2018

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Bought a magnum ammo press mod off a trader so I can start using the revolvers I found, but it’s bugged: instead of making .357 rounds it makes... .50 anti-tank bullets, and trying to create .44’s just makes 40mm grenades.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

State of Decay 1 had regular quality of life patches throughout its life span and even into the xbone rerelease, hopefully the devs’ll keep it up with 2

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

When you do the last legacy mission, is every character in the community saved for later use, or just a few/the leader?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

vandalism posted:

Is it really a design decision that I am supposed to manually run back and forthfrom my car 5 times to unload rucksacks? Awful.

Press the right trigger while looking in the boot to quick move stuff to the base’s locker. The car has to be parked in the driveway for it to work though

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Bit the bullet and did the final mission for my first community so I can start a new game. Just a heads up, Characters keep whatever was in their inventory/pockets, so you can bring stuff over between playthroughs. Wish i knew this earlier: I would’ve filled up every ones backpacks with the top tier weapons I collected. I assume facility mods are carried over as well but I’ll need to test it.

Also, I started the new game plus straight away with 2 of my favorite characters from the old guard with one brand new randomly generated person. I immediately deleted that file though because I didn’t want to do the Cascade Hills map again. Turns out doing that will “kill” veteran characters, and even remove them from the pool of new game survivors, permanently. Learn from my mistakes, guys. RIP my sassy punk gardener leader, Kylee :smith:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Dunno how bad Plateau is, but using a vehicle upgrade kit on a 4 door pickup truck creates a ‘Viking’ vehicle with tons of fuel and raised suspension. Worked great for the off-road sections of cascade hills, anyway.

Of course, no car can escape the dangers of a knee high guardrail in state of decay. Drive safe survivors.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

My doctor's chief trait is "incompetent" which is a pretty cool thing to put on your post apocalypse resume

Atmus posted:

My troublemaker is a 'Hand Model', which gives him a huge fighting/shooting penalty, but he still causes all kinds of fights at home. P.S. having him in the field with me does nothing to stop him from causing problems at home.

lollin at both of these

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Rescued a lone stranger from an infestation, he asked to join my community so i agreed. Turns out he has a personality trait called ‘Doomed’ it halfs his health and has no upsides. Geez man :smith:

Isometric Bacon posted:

I don't seem to be getting any more plague hearts in my area, and seem to have a pretty decent base that's mostly sustainable at this point.

Is this the point I should be calling to move to the next region? Is there anything really more or is it the same loop or will I be starting again? I recall in the first game you could eventually 'finish' it by leavin
I've quite enjoyed my time with this game, although I am probably at a good point to retire from it if there's just more of the same from here on out.

Elect a group leader if you haven’t yet, finish all their legacy missions, and maybe start doing new game plus runs to see all the endings, collect all the boons, and maybe start a pool of veteran hero characters just to see everything the game has to offer.

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 30, 2018

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’m a anime body pillow cuddling, water coloring, web vlogging, firefightin’ machine

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

explosivo posted:

God damnit, I finished the final mission in my first community, loaded up my 3 top-tier dudes with everything I wanted to save, then started a new community with them. It put me in the same map as before, and if I'm going to play again I'd really like it to be on a new map. I deleted this community, started a new one, and now I can't pick the 3 that I carried over from the last game that I had in the community I deleted. I have all the other scrubs from my community but none of the gear and nobody's particularly great. I guess I'm starting fresh on a new map :smith:

I made the exact same mistake man don’t sweat it.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

If they're polite/funny then help them out. if they ain't tell them to gently caress off that's my law of the apocalypse

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Yeah I've had same that problem months ago playing something else when my internet was shittier

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

C4’s strong but they eventually they stop one shotting plague hearts after the 4th iirc.

Related, despite what survivors say about melee hits not working against plague hearts they DO damage them, albeit doing only a tiny amount of damage per swing.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Ten is the limit i think.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Speaking of, those big settlements that cost 3,500 influence and need eight people to move in, does anything happen if you drop below eight while living there?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Back Hack posted:

I had some new neighbors move in, they talk with a very weird monotone over the radio, they're always neutral no matter what I do, they're always sending me off to find them cleavers and kitchen knives, and they're constantly giving me free food called Strange Meat. Its people isn't it, they're feeding me people aren't they? :negative:

If they end up giving you a rucksack of food, do the “break open” command on it for a surprise

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What stuff do you bring with you after finishing a game? Only the stuff on the person you finished with, or the stuff on all three people you bring along?

Every character in your community and what they have equipped & in their backpack are saved. Until you opt to bring them into a new file, they're saved in a pool of heroes forever.

A less obvious thing to carry over that'll help on a new game+ is scraps of circuitry & cases of chemicals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Just attempted a new game run on the new difficulties/dread zones that was added a while ago. golly they aren’t kidding they really are hard. I’m afraid to try again with veteran survivors from a previous community because i’m certain they’ll get killed.