Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Sinteres posted:

I don't have a problem with Gob being gay at all, I just think the specific way this season dealt with that storyline felt super dated. Especially since Tobias being gay (or at least being confused/in denial about being gay, like Gob was for most of this season) is still a punchline 15 years later. I'm not even talking about it being offensive, it just feels really out of place to be doubling down like that in 2018. If that's an integral part of the show, I think it's a good argument for letting the show die a natural death in the era it belonged to rather than playing Frankenstein with it twice now.

It's a show where every single major character has a serious sexual dysfunction. There are multiple pedophiles and have been multiple incest plotlines.

Anyways the joke isn't necessarily even that GOB and Tony Wonder are gay, it's that they are both such ridiculous narcissists that they can only really love someone who is exactly like themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread