Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should Roman do about.... THE POLITICS?
This poll is closed.
Go into business for himself 4 2.60%
Ask the Booker Man if he did a good "job" 15 9.74%
Freak out commentators by going against the runsheet 4 2.60%
Show up to work every day and just really half rear end it :patriot: 24 15.58%
He sh... I can't do this anymore. When will this hell ever end? It's been almost half a decade now Jesus Christ.... :cripes: 107 69.48%
Total: 154 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Stale Saltines posted:

Mella Is Money

Was Big Trash SAWFT in the bedroom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I want Roman to be caught on tape saying all disabled kids have cooties.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

Roman Reigns is not relatable.

He just seems super unapproachable.

Hogan was the prayers and vitamins superhero. Austin seemed like someone you could have a beer with. The Rock did everything for the people. Cena has always been super approachable.

Roman just seems cold and distant and even when he gives a face promo it comes out with this underlying tone of bitterness. I just don't see the type of personality anywhere within him that you need to be what they want him to be.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

WWE: "What if we gave him the 'Yes' chant?"

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Davros1 posted:

WWE: "What if we gave him the 'I deserve it' chant?"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Advertised for Smackdown tonight apparently:

- The Miz vs Jeff Hardy in an MITB Qualifying match

- Daniel Bryan vs Rusev in an MITB Qualifying match

- Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles feud continues

- Mandy Rose vs Becky Lynch (I don't know if this will turn into an MITB qualifying match or not)

- Charlotte vs Peyton Royce in an MITB Qualifying match

- Carmella is slated to appear

- Paige with an announcement to open the show

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
A heel roman who's delusional and thinks the crowd loves him who changes his nickname from "The Big Dog" to "YOUR Champion" would be very fun to watch.

Sadly Roman doesn't cut a believable promo, which is odd considering one of his catchphrases is "Believe that."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sportsgenius86 posted:

He just seems super unapproachable.

Hogan was the prayers and vitamins superhero. Austin seemed like someone you could have a beer with. The Rock did everything for the people. Cena has always been super approachable.

Roman just seems cold and distant and even when he gives a face promo it comes out with this underlying tone of bitterness. I just don't see the type of personality anywhere within him that you need to be what they want him to be.

his public appearances don't help him either, he's super entitled and basically tells people to deal with it or stop watching

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

his public appearances don't help him either, he's super entitled and basically tells people to deal with it or stop watching

Entitlement is not telling someone to do something more productive than complain about their own actions.

Entitlement is thinking that because you spend time or money that you must get exactly what you want.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DarkstarIV posted:

But... I want both of them in the match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Blaise330 posted:

For what its worth, this is being advertised for future Smackdown house shows: Jeff Hardy and Daniel Bryan vs The Miz and Big rear end

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Blaise330 posted:

If Jeff Hardy is gonna flat out squish people with the Swanton Bomb then I want him as far away from ladder matches as possible

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

The Miz needs time off for his baby, and having Jeff put him out of MitB gives him a reason to come back and feud for King of the Midcard.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Entitlement is not telling someone to do something more productive than complain about their own actions.

Entitlement is thinking that because you spend time or money that you must get exactly what you want.

sorry, those are two separate thoughts. He is super entitled because "he puts in the work" and people shouldn't complain about him because of that. He also thinks that if they have a problem with his push that they should just stop watching.

Which, you know, they do, if you go by his house show sales.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Sono posted:

The Miz needs time off for his baby, and having Jeff put him out of MitB gives him a reason to come back and feud for King of the Midcard.

He's going to feud with Bryan

So yeah, king of the midcard :)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I wonder if Big Cass will cost Daniel Bryan his match, that would be a deeply unexpected surprise!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

CarlCX posted:

I wonder if Big Cass will cost Daniel Bryan his match, that would be a deeply unexpected surprise!

Bryan will have to run at Cass' fist full speed because Cass forgot what he was supposed to do

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Roman Reigns is the Hillary Clinton of wwe.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
See guys don't worry Roman won't win the MITB and immediately cash in

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/993926742220853249

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well can’t use up his 5 contracted PPV dates a year so early on.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Jinder Mahal is gonna win MITB and cash in on Carmella.

2018 Jinder Equality kiddos.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

2018 Jinder Equality kiddos.

He will fail because Elseworth will return for the save.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Midnightghoul posted:

Welp, so much for Punk's "record."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The_Rob posted:

Roman Reigns is the Hillary Clinton of wwe.

lmao, so is dbry Bernie

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Jinder is a social construct.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao, so is dbry Bernie

Daniel Bryan won something once

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

M
A
H
A
R
A
J
Aaaaaaa

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

CobiWann posted:

Welp, so much for Punk's "record."

Lesnar will pass Punk a week before anyway. It's a lock at this point

Now we just have to save the date for January 3rd, 2025. That's when Lesnar passes Bruno

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

DarkstarIV posted:

- Daniel Bryan vs Rusev in an MITB Qualifying match

- Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles feud continues

- Mandy Rose vs Becky Lynch (I don't know if this will turn into an MITB qualifying match or not)

- Charlotte vs Peyton Royce in an MITB Qualifying match

- Carmella is slated to appear

- Paige with an announcement to open the show

Becky better win tonight.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

DarkstarIV posted:

For what its worth, this is being advertised for future Smackdown house shows: Jeff Hardy and Daniel Bryan vs The Miz and Big rear end

And (upcoming televised spoiler) that is also being advertised as one of the dual main event matches for the July 17th Smackdown in Wilkes-Barre.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Love him or hate him but you can't deny the fact that Roman is on Monday Night Raw.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Midnightghoul posted:

lol he ain't coming back til summerslam. the universal title is the most utterly loving worthless thing ever.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Stale Saltines posted:

lol he ain't coming back til summerslam. the universal title is the most utterly loving worthless thing ever.

everything about it has been a hilarious misfire except for, somehow, brock/goldberg.

kevin owens' awful reign is still somehow better than it is now, as the title that shows up once every quarter.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Owens' HIAC and Rumble title defenses were both solid, even if he was booked like he couldn't cut it on his own. And the stuff with Jericho was gold.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Every single defense in Owens reign came from Jericho interfering for him but Jericho is a cool and fun guy so it wasn't completely terrible.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The fatal four way hoss battle was good too

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Continuing to buy something you hate is stupid. making GBS threads all over people because you’re supposed to be liked but you aren’t is also a really stupid way to try to endear yourself to people.

A lot of what Roman says is accurate, the issue is that he’s too stupid to realize that saying it out loud only exacerbates the issue.

He always seems to take the reactions personally and that’s basically the quickest way to validate them and make people want to go at him harder.

Cena is a master at taking that hatred and deflecting it in a way that’s almost endearing and at the very least makes it clear that it’s a fruitless endeavor.

Cena also recognized that as long as he wins the kids nothing else matters. Roman seems to want to be cool as gently caress to teens/smarks with the way he carries himself and his delivery which is a disaster.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Roque11 posted:

Becky better win tonight.
Ha, good one.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Raise your hand if you call Roman the Uncrowned Champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU