Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

this is the only canon depiction of corellia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmWgkYTajKA

source: this is the only star wars EU material I'm actually familiar with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

darth maul's design was comical even when i was a teenager.

wow cool dude! I'm impressed!

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

it feels like Disney hates Star Wars now. I think they're scared to release episode IX. they're probably going to quietly release it to a few scattered theaters and write the whole thing off, or maybe they'll just cancel it altogether. they're definitely going to cancel all Star Wars related projects soon because they're so embarrassed. I have no evidence to support this I just didn't like TLJ

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

TLJ still made more money than most movies so I don't think Disney's scared to release the next main entry in the franchise but maybe that's just me

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

the argument that's like 'duhhh the movie made money how can you say people didn't like it' is bizarre

nobody here seems to be making that argument though so not sure why you'd bring it up

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I'll never for the life of me understand why people will defend movies and get all butt hurt about box office totals. Right now, at this exact moment, our planet is literally dying, there's real poo poo to worry about, but people have to run up a hill to defend the bottom lines of media conglomerates that don't give one rats rear end about you. Bob Iger doesn't check twitter to see how your performance review went at work or if you got that bonus. It truly does not matter. I can't fathom getting pissed because someone dares besmirch a multi-national conglomerate that I've chosen identify with, especially one founded by an actual racist, that that has done tremendous harm to our culture and repressed nearly a century of artistic expression and knowledge through strong armed copyright lobbying.

I just don't get it. But here I am posting in a star wars thread, jokes on me I guess.

source your quotes

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Billy Dee getting self righteous about Lando's actions in ESB is actually pretty funny.

"And besides, did anybody die?"

wasn't there a robot chicken sketch that was basically this exact scenario of billy dee defending lando's character?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

ok let's get moving here folks I have to get on the road in ten minutes!!!!

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

who cares about the title

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I can't have an opinion on this trailer until I see what RLM says

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Nothing about this looks good, it looks fan made and I can understand now why Lucas Films decided to make it exclusive to attendees at Celebration.

you understand that this is offscreen footage right

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Doesn't matter.

what about it looks "fan made"?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

evil c-3po rules

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

only my canon is real

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

why did the mandalorian not simply loudly announce his presence to the enemy hideout or whatever by flying his ship directly to it

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I remember there was a time before TFA was released where they revealed that john boyega’s character was gonna be a storm trooper who defects and I was like hey that’s pretty cool there’s lots of interesting things they could do with that. well anyway they didn’t do any of those things

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

well except for the real hero of the story TR8R. RIP king

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

darth tyrannosaurus would've been way cooler

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

nemesis_hub posted:

The leaks are real and the movie is gonna suck, but I refuse to believe Sheev actually says “Execute Order 67”.

that was from a different and obviously fake leak

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I still wish the "no, YOU are my father" leak for TLJ was real though

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

ThanosWasRight posted:

That's why Rogue One is good, it's just a Star Wars version of Seven Samurai/The Magnificent Seven.

:crossarms:

e: maybe you're thinking of the dirty dozen?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

honestly if palpatine looks like a hosed up disgusting body horror crumbling corpse then I'm on board, don't care about the other bullshit

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

just turn the last act into a straight up horror movie. that can save pretty much any movie

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

ThanosWasRight posted:

So when do first reviews come out?

right now. my review: it’s bad probably

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

My plan is to stand up and point at the screen "I KNOW THAT THING!" everytime something I know shows up.

I'm an absolute delight to go to the movies with.

you won't do it coward

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

TheBuilder posted:

https://i.imgur.com/p1t55ga_d.jpg

Haha

TAke a look y'all

e:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

sheev doesn't look hosed up enough imo

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

when I went to see TFA some random lady outside the theater offered me and my friends a prize if we answered a trivia question correctly, and we got it wrong twice before answering correctly and the prize was a packet of revenge of the sith branded kleenex from 2005

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/Breaking57/status/1206827905759793152?s=20

drat sounds pretty bad

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Zeta Acosta posted:

so the movie was a piece of poo poo but they invited me to the premiere so i have to say something positive

the fact that there is even literally just one tweet that is anything less than effervescent praise is not a good sign lol. I think the worst tweet TLJ got was "it was oddly paced"

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the best part is that the title is misspelled in the trending tag

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

TerminalRaptor posted:

I totally believed force Han would be a fake out because it made no sense. It shows what I know.

han is not going to be a force ghost

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

normal people aren't going to give a poo poo about the opening crawl

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

Wait, what now? Did Force Han actually happen?

no but kylo ren does hallucinate him

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

They’re first cousins. Just, like, so you know. She’s kissing his cousin. On the lips. Wet, juicy, tounge jousting her cousin.

this was considered socially acceptable back then

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

sheev never hosed he just kept vials of his cum hidden behind a painting in his office and someone stole a sample

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

people who whine about luke's character being ruined are cowards

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

kidkissinger posted:

Yeah, gently caress Mark Hamill to hell.

uh sure I guess

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

make david lynch do a star war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

SyRauk posted:

Favreau also probably likes video games and would encourage Disney to start making more of them especially now that Fallen Order sold like crazy. I don't know if KK was in charge of those decisions but she seems like the kind of mom who called everything a Nintendo.

EA owns the license to star wars for video games and they'd been loving it up for years before Fallen Order