Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Not that I've actively kept up with anyone from high school since the day I graduated, but my classmates are the most boring people. Almost all of them have typical successful jobs for and post about their kids and/or dogs on Facebook and Instagram all day. I'm super boring too, so it should be what I expected when I was 18. But still, there's no serial killers or meth dealers in that bunch that I know of. No prominent Trump supporters or Nazis either.

I guess the only slightly "weird" bit was working as a Walgreens cashier when I was 19 or 20 and this quiet, unassuming girl from high school coming in with her dad to buy toothpaste or whatever... and she was very pregnant. She didn't say a word and had his extremely worried look on her face. I felt kind of bad because she had to be going through some poo poo. But that's more awkward than weird.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Hopefully MLMs, prison, or retail. Not sure which is worst actually.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
MLMs, a few trumpers, kids (although most had kids just months after graduation), one in jail for attempted murder but he’s actually a pretty cool dude who likes shrek memes when he’s not getting into literal crowbar fights.

This was years ago when we were still all teenagers but I remember the posts people would make when they decided they’d make the ultimate sacrifice for their country. It was silly at the time but all of them travel the world now and most have cushy non-combat roles so good for them.

I grew up in small town USA for the most part so the majority of people fell into the general trappings that upbringing has. You’re pretty much a success by default if you leave the town.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Running the country into the ground from seats of high power

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
One of my friends is a clown now. Like a literal clown. Whiteface, baggy pants, balloon animals, the whole shtick.

Another is a Friend of Bill W working as a part-time teacher and actor.

Everyone else is boringly successful by various degrees.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My one-that-got-away is a hairdresser in the town we went to school in :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nerses IV posted:

My one-that-got-away is a hairdresser in the town we went to school in :(

Mine is a manager at a pizza place in the town we went to school in.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mirage posted:

One of my friends is a clown now. Like a literal clown. Whiteface, baggy pants, balloon animals, the whole shtick.

I have a friend who studied clowning professionally and they got so mad when the media was running with that whole KILLER KLOWNS ARE COMING FOR YOUR KIDS scare a year or two ago. They were making a whole bunch of Facebook posts about "Clowns are people too!" and doing media interviews and getting pissy at anyone who'd post a funny "Killer Klown get punched out" fake video and the whole shebang.

It was the first time I ever laughed at a clown. :v:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I have a friend who studied clowning professionally and they got so mad when the media was running with that whole KILLER KLOWNS ARE COMING FOR YOUR KIDS scare a year or two ago. They were making a whole bunch of Facebook posts about "Clowns are people too!" and doing media interviews and getting pissy at anyone who'd post a funny "Killer Klown get punched out" fake video and the whole shebang.

It was the first time I ever laughed at a clown. :v:

It's hilarious just how serious professional clowns are, they wrote a condemnation of the IT remake for Christ sake.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

I haven't used facebook in a long time, but one of the punks from my HS is a racist piece of poo poo now.

that onion article about how the dumbest kid from your graduating class is now a trump supporter

The_end
May 17, 2014
A friend that went through K-12 with me got heavy into drugs after high school. Got a woman pregnant. Then got off the drugs and booze to be a father. On the way home from work one day a drunk driver hit and killed him.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

The_end posted:

A friend that went through K-12 with me got heavy into drugs after high school. Got a woman pregnant. Then got off the drugs and booze to be a father. On the way home from work one day a drunk driver hit and killed him.

owned

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The_end posted:

moral of the story is dont stop doing drugs

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Blast of Confetti posted:

moral of the story is dont stop doing drugs

Like the song says, "Don't start thinking about tomorrow"

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh, word. I grew up in Cheektowaga not far outside of Buffalo.

Congrats on law school!

Now that I think of it, with my hometown, as kids growing up, based on area, kids would say ‘I’m from Cheekto-Vegas, not Cheekto-ghetto’. Apparently as adults, some of my old classmates still use those designations.

Hey thanks! Cheekto-wanga eh? Fancy city kid...

But no really, a lot of people from my hometown saw (and probably still see) Buffalo as the big scary city. It’s probably because they’re all...very white.

Not related to the thread subject but I’m living in blue-collar Tonawanda right now, and the first night I was here a guy and his wife approached my roommate and I at a bar, bought us shots of tequila, and then engaged in a conversation that ended with him asking us if we wanted to spend the night with his wife.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Hey thanks! Cheekto-wanga eh? Fancy city kid...

But no really, a lot of people from my hometown saw (and probably still see) Buffalo as the big scary city. It’s probably because they’re all...very white.

Not related to the thread subject but I’m living in blue-collar Tonawanda right now, and the first night I was here a guy and his wife approached my roommate and I at a bar, bought us shots of tequila, and then engaged in a conversation that ended with him asking us if we wanted to spend the night with his wife.

u loving suck if you didnt go HELL YEAH

unless she was like a chaos spaghetti monster

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

"Steve Carell totally just confirmed that The Office is being renewed for a brand new season!"

"I'm now an independent consultant for the Bri and Mary Kay Beautyshop and I've got LOADS of make-up that will make the PERFECT MOTHER'S DAY Present. Message me and it can be in the Mail TODAY!!!"

"Scientific Study PROVES that People Who Swear Are Smarter, More Honest"

"Names of Best Daughters in the World (SHARE if You See Your Name)"

"It's Official: European Scientific Journal PROVES 9/11 Was a Controlled Demolition"

"My Baskets were a HIT last night's Mary Kay Party, but we STILL HAVE MORE. Please message me TODAY to try out our new LOTIONS and CLEANSERS."

"20 Things That Only 90 Kids Will Remember!"

"It's OFFICIAL! Even my HUSBAND Loves Bri and Mary Kay products!! For a limited time, I can now get you a special deal on a GREAT hand sanitizer for the man or Woman in your life! Please message me now!"

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Xaris posted:

u loving suck if you didnt go HELL YEAH

unless she was like a chaos spaghetti monster

She looked...like a typical middle-aged woman, I guess. Not horrifying. Not super pretty. Honestly I was just so surprised that cuck is a real thing outside of GBS, and Then I wondered if irl, this guy would murder us once we started plowing his wife.

We did not cuck :doh:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

QuoProQuid posted:

"Steve Carell totally just confirmed that The Office is being renewed for a brand new season!"

"I'm now an independent consultant for the Bri and Mary Kay Beautyshop and I've got LOADS of make-up that will make the PERFECT MOTHER'S DAY Present. Message me and it can be in the Mail TODAY!!!"

"Scientific Study PROVES that People Who Swear Are Smarter, More Honest"

"Names of Best Daughters in the World (SHARE if You See Your Name)"

"It's Official: European Scientific Journal PROVES 9/11 Was a Controlled Demolition"

"My Baskets were a HIT last night's Mary Kay Party, but we STILL HAVE MORE. Please message me TODAY to try out our new LOTIONS and CLEANSERS."

"20 Things That Only 90 Kids Will Remember!"

"It's OFFICIAL! Even my HUSBAND Loves Bri and Mary Kay products!! For a limited time, I can now get you a special deal on a GREAT hand sanitizer for the man or Woman in your life! Please message me now!"

This is just Facebook.txt

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I have no idea what any of them are doing, and to be honest, I have no idea how to even find out. I assume they mostly have kids or jobs or whatever.

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!
My two best friends from high school, Randall and Marcus, both decided to buy houseboats within like a year of each other. They each host nautical themed poker nights on alternating months (have not fully learned the game yet but getting there). I made a joke a few months back about me buying my own houseboat and us forming an Epic Friendship Navy, and they basically told me I don't have my poo poo together enough to purchase and maintain a houseboat and marina rent or whatever.

Truth is, I am in between jobs and living with my Uncle and Cousins currently. This has sort of been a wake up call for me, and you can bet every cent I somehow come across and can save is going towards a houseboat and, ultimately, independence.

I guess it's weird, but it has inspired me to look harder for jobs and attempt to get over my lifelong phobia of living on the water (tsunamis, hurricanes, etc.). This has been the Year of the Crystal for me, but up next? Year of the Houseboat.

Stay in touch with your old friends, folks.

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Most ppl from my HS are normal. Most of my friends in HS are living fear based lives and taking no risk and having no goals beyond material stuff that won’t make them happy which is fine. I post in GBS forum

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
A good % of goons will be the people from highschool who are into weird stuff now.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SniperWoreConverse posted:

A good % of goons will be the people from highschool who are into weird stuff now.

Hah, nah, I'm into normal things

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
If being into sci fi and video games is weird I don’t wanna be normal :smuggo:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
One of them went on to be that woman John Travolta shoots in the head in that film/meme.

The_end
May 17, 2014

If collecting vintage Amish swimwear is a weird hobby, then count me in.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The_end posted:

If collecting vintage Amish swimwear is a weird hobby, then count me in.

i too own a duvet

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

theyre still playing world of warcraft

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Severe mental illness and homelessness.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Dude from my weightlifting team in high school got busted shooting up meth and carving up dogs in a motel so that’s pretty weird.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

orgasmic meditation

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Unless I missed a death pact most are still alive I assume. I dont really know since why would I care?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Not really. I have a fairly boring life with a long-term partner, mildly successful career, and a cat. :shrug:

cnut
May 3, 2016

puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

peanut posted:

Crossposting rants about how society is obligated to find them attractive and it's a hate crime if you decline sex with them.

hahaha do they plan on walking up to people then straight up asking?

I’ve got a good friend who moved west with his wife to help open a coffee shop and he’s doing great. I don’t really keep up with anyone else. Like Astoundingly Ugly Baby I went to a private christian hs so I imagine most everybody is doing fine, nothing too crazy other than underlying misery and dissatisfaction.

puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

The_end posted:

lol I read your name after I read your post

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

lol if you keep in touch with randoms from high school, cull your social media

last I checked a lot of people never left their hometown, are stuck in the burbs doing nothing of note. anyone interesting left long ago

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
monat

roller derby

breastfeeding

serial killers/true crime

one of them wrote a play about a pirate with aspergers

joe rogan videos

flash mobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU