Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
When I broke up with my first girlfriend 12 years ago, she told her parents and all our friends that I was an rear end in a top hat who was really interested in her 1 year younger sister and was just using her (which is true, but not at first). She has reached out multiple times asking to talk again and go back to being friends as long as I admit it and apologize. I would like to be friends again but if I admit it then I have to tell everyone I've been lying for over a decade and that just won't do, so my plan is to continue not speaking to them ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

lmao once again i look down my nose at those poor saps who have sex

you're right it's really not worth the hassle

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

discarded box posted:

i think being stubborn is lame and ive made it a huge point to stop trying to "win" arguments, mostly by not so much arguing as calmly debating and I think being able to admit you're wrong when you are is important

ive never once been wrong about anything in my entire life though so not sure what that feels like

calmly debating isn't possible with some people. It always escalates. Like if someone in my family says to my grandfather something even mildly complimentary about Obama he instantly escalates into "what the gently caress did you just say you little poo poo" mode. If you try to keep it calm he accuses you of thinking you're smarter than him which makes him more mad.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Dyna Soar posted:

why are you talking to a person like this at all

Because I like holiday dinners.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Dyna Soar posted:

be sure not to mention anything that your rear end in a top hat granddad might disagree with then

I learned that years ago. My other family members are more stubborn than I am about being "right" about politics and bring Obama up all the time just to antagonize him. It's actually pretty entertaining entertaining to sit on the sidelines and listen to, plus they are probably going to get written out of his will if they keep it up which means more for me.

• Locked thread