Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

We had a thread back in the olden days of this dumb game being in early access, but that was lost to time and now it's full release and a buncha poo poo changed for the better, welcome back to :black101:

The long cut mostly shamelessly ripped from http://www.conanexiles.com/ (And from the old thread)

AN OPEN-WORLD SURVIVAL GAME
IN THE BRUTAL LANDS OF CONAN THE BARBARIAN

You are an exile, outcast and downtrodden, sentenced to walk in a barbaric wasteland where the weak are crushed and the strong survive. Here you must fight to survive, build and dominate on your own or in multiplayer.

Hungry, thirsty and alone, your very first battle is that against the harsh environment. Scavenge or hunt animals for food. Chop down trees, mine for minerals, and harvest resources to build weapons and tools. Build a shelter to survive the scouring sandstorms that sweep across the burning desert. Journey through a vast, seamless world alone or together with other players, and build entire settlements and strongholds to withstand fierce invasions.

March forth into battle and wage war against your enemies as you bring down their walls and invade their cities. Sacrifice enemy players on the altars of the gods and shift the balance of power your way. Unleash your fury in savage, fast-paced combat and execute bloody and bone-crushing attacks that will see heads rolling and limbs flying.

Key Features:

SURVIVE THE WORLD OF CONAN.
You think you know survival? Try surviving the savage world of Conan the Barbarian! Starting out with nothing but your bare hands and a torn loincloth, you will soon find yourself fighting off thirst, starvation, and ungodly monsters out to devour your insides!

HARVEST, CRAFT, AND BUILD.
Grow crops, chop down trees, crack open rocks to find rare minerals, and hunt exotic animals for valuable resources. Craft armor, items, weapons and tools, and build anything from small homes to crafting stations, gigantic fortresses, and even entire cities!

EXPLORE A SEAMLESS WORLD.
Journey through a huge, seamless world filled with danger and opportunity. Explore shadow haunted ruins full of monsters and treasure, traverse epic landscapes ranging from sand dunes to rivers and mountains, and seek out dangerous areas for rare resources and rewards!

CUTTING-EDGE GRAPHICS.
See the world of Conan brought to life with cutting-edge graphics! Watch your feet push through real-time simulated sand, find shelter from epic sandstorms that engulf the sky, and watch as the burning sun sets and gives way to a frozen, dangerous night.

SLAY AND DOMINATE YOUR ENEMIES.
In the world of Conan, strength rules. Unleash your fury in savage, fast-paced combat, and execute bone-crushing attacks that will see heads rolling, limbs flying and blood spraying! Wage war against your enemies and bring down their fortifications with explosives!

PLAY TOGETHER OR ALONE.
Be the ruler of your own world in single-player mode, or fight for survival and dominance in persistent multiplayer environments on public servers or on private servers where players have full control over the rules and settings.

:siren: Combat is fun now :siren:

We got a dev tracker for all the news you could want
https://conandevtracker.com/

We got a simple stat calculator to help you figure up your mans
https://zerapps.github.io/conan-stat-calculator/

We got a deeper database for all your numbers and poo poo
http://conanexiles-database.com/

We got world maps with pins to find goodies
https://conanexiles.ginfo.gg
http://conanexilesmap.com/

We got goon servers with PGS threads
Bad Games Crew
Crom's Drunken Camel Punchers

We even got dicks and tits with their own creation sliders but I'll leave that one up to you to search out.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Has the game gotten any better since last yer?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Raged posted:

Has the game gotten any better since last yer?

Very much so, runs an assload better that's for sure, fighting's a lot more active than it used to be, there's even more map and more fixins to fiddle with.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Yardbomb posted:

Very much so, runs an assload better that's for sure, fighting's a lot more active than it used to be, there's even more map and more fixins to fiddle with.

I'll re-download it then. Any chance there is a good AU server?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Can you be a wizard and/or turn into a giant snake?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Archenteron posted:

Can you be a wizard and/or turn into a giant snake?

If you worship Set and bring them plenty of hearts, you can summon a big ole snake.

Raged posted:

Any chance there is a good AU server?

Not too sure on that one myself, but a whole bunch of servers have sprang up since it's in full release now, so I'd like to hope there's one about.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Can you do everything in the game solo or with a friend or two?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Vakal posted:

Can you do everything in the game solo or with a friend or two?

Oh yeah, there's a solo/co-op mode separate from all the online servers if you'd just wanna play for world tourism.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 20, 2018

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I read that you can capture NPCs and make them work in towns, so I was wondering how the game actually plays as a solo game in that regard? No interest in multiplayer but I like building cities and stuff in games so I was wondering how fleshed out that is with NPCs populating them?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I read that you can capture NPCs and make them work in towns, so I was wondering how the game actually plays as a solo game in that regard? No interest in multiplayer but I like building cities and stuff in games so I was wondering how fleshed out that is with NPCs populating them?

To my knowledge the way it works is that you can clod an NPC in the head and they can be warriors, workers, priests, entertainers and things like that of a decent variety, you tie them up and drag em back to your crapshack/shanty town/finely crafted city and put them to work at their role, fighter/archer thralls can guard your stake of land, workers do the obvious depending on whether they're a blacksmith, a carpenter, a cook and more, priests will work at shrines to a god if you've got that around, entertainers will dance or play music for your amusement which if you ever played Star Wars Galaxies, it works kinda like that, they can buff you or remove harmful effects and that sorta thing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cool, I might pick it up on sale or something then.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ugggh nothing but Offical servers in Oceania.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

How limited are recipes? My wife and I are co-oping but running out of recipe points.

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014
Is it worth it to get the T3 Ymir temple? I am about to build the T2 temple to build the last one but I read the T3 temple will show on everyone's map.

It takes a while to harvest the ice shards and I want to build T3 buildings as efficient as possible. Any other recommendations for black ice?

I see you can do some dungeons but the loot rate seems weak.

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014
Also, for anyone that wants to power level use the map below to discover all the places. My friend and I got to upper 50s in a few days by just discovering locations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like this game. If you are new though I suggest not power leveling unless that's the only way you play games. You don't really get the full experience if you do that I think.

Also about thralls: is there actually a way to clothe/equip the craftsmen types? Fighters and entertainers you can plop down and equip, but as far as I can tell the crafters can only go directly into work stations and I can't find a way to equip them there. I got my battle team and my dancers dressed up nice but everyone in the crafting section is standing around in lovely rags! I got a blacksmith lady just hammering away on an anvil with her tits swinging in the breeze. Put a shirt on woman, this is a serious operation here!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

I like this game. If you are new though I suggest not power leveling unless that's the only way you play games. You don't really get the full experience if you do that I think.

Absolutely this, the game actually has loose but neat narrative going on to push you around the world, take in the map and level as you explore.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

How limited are recipes? My wife and I are co-oping but running out of recipe points.

You are not going to be able to get anywhere near all the recipes on a single character by level 60. Fortunately, respec potions are extremely easy to make. Unfortunately, you’ll have to re-learn your religions (from NPCs, don’t pay 50 points) and rebuild your temples when you do respec.

You could also mod for an increased level cap, if you’ve got the permissions.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

CommunityEdition posted:

You are not going to be able to get anywhere near all the recipes on a single character by level 60. Fortunately, respec potions are extremely easy to make. Unfortunately, you’ll have to re-learn your religions (from NPCs, don’t pay 50 points) and rebuild your temples when you do respec.

You could also mod for an increased level cap, if you’ve got the permissions.

Yeah I set it up as a dedicated server and added a shitload of mods after I posted that. I have it working now for both of us. Cheers.

edit: is there a goon presence on any official servers?

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 23, 2018

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
*Remember this game has mods*

*Goes to workshop, selects "Most Subscribed" option*

:captainpop:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oh yeah, the workshop for this game is wild already, there's a lot of really useful and cool mods and then like the same measure of mods for boning.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

edit: is there a goon presence on any official servers?

Official servers really suck for the most part, a few of them have been very literally hijacked by chinese people for instance, who blatantly hack and have sky high walled off giant parts of the map from anyone not with them. :psyduck:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Oh yeah, the workshop for this game is wild already, there's a lot of really useful and cool mods and then like the same measure of mods for boning.

Official servers really suck for the most part, a few of them have been very literally hijacked by chinese people for instance, who blatantly hack and have sky high walled off giant parts of the map from anyone not with them. :psyduck:

ah. that sounds like a pvp survival game all right

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is this game more like Terraria/Subnautica where there's a distinct 'progression' of sorts with dungeons/dungeon-style biomes and bosses leading to an actual endgame, or is it more like ARK and most of the content is really about interacting/killing/building with other players?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Pierson posted:

Is this game more like Terraria/Subnautica where there's a distinct 'progression' of sorts with dungeons/dungeon-style biomes and bosses leading to an actual endgame, or is it more like ARK and most of the content is really about interacting/killing/building with other players?

There's actual instanced dungeons in the game for you to do as you go across the map to fulfill bits of the background story going on.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's definitely the former. There a different biomes, story elements, unique bosses etc. Most significantly, it is possible to complete the game, in that you literally find a way to escape the exiled lands. I'm sure many players play the game either in a private small group or solo.

Of course you can always just play it for the online stuff if that's what you want.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Yardbomb posted:

To be fair, building a giant wall seems like a properly ancient Chinese thing to do.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hello Sailor posted:

To be fair, building a giant wall seems like a properly ancient Chinese thing to do.

Have you heard any news out of the US lately, friend?

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Anyone playing this on PS4? Seems like it's predominantly PC, but the allure of naked fort building from the couch is rather nifty.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Is the game worth buying for a solo player? All the descriptions make it sound really PvP and co-op focused with the building and such.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

friendly 2 da void posted:

Is the game worth buying for a solo player? All the descriptions make it sound really PvP and co-op focused with the building and such.

I'm playing on a private PVE server and for me it's been more "playing alone, together." Most people are doing their own thing but occasionally calls for help with a dungeon or a purge will come. And of course you can check out other people's builds.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah its fine solo but I'd install some mods and crank resource gathering up to 2 or 3x

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I played this last year during the first couple of months of Early Access and even hosted my own server, which quickly ran out of steam.

Isn't it so that a lot of content which was promised, still has not arrived ? I see new biomes and some small additions like climbing and some new housing modules, but the main content still seems lackluster....

Still no magic system. Mounts were cancelled. Crafting Thralls still cannot gather or do anything by themselves, they just serve as static workstation buffs. Combat Thralls are still dumb as a rock.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

I played this last year during the first couple of months of Early Access and even hosted my own server, which quickly ran out of steam.

Isn't it so that a lot of content which was promised, still has not arrived ? I see new biomes and some small additions like climbing and some new housing modules, but the main content still seems lackluster....

Still no magic system. Mounts were cancelled. Crafting Thralls still cannot gather or do anything by themselves, they just serve as static workstation buffs. Combat Thralls are still dumb as a rock.

Some mods greatly expand thralls, magic is planned iirc, there's a decent amount of content.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Some mods greatly expand thralls, magic is planned iirc, there's a decent amount of content.

These were their initial plans for thralls, from the 2017 roadmap:

quote:

Thralls will see an expansion through the settlement system that adds city life, thrall schedules, barracks, farming and trading. More thrall types will expand what you can do in the Exiled Lands as well as add more life to your cities and downs. Thralls will animate and move around, needing rest when night falls, forcing you to keep abreast on who does what and when. We’re also going to be adding a system for rescuing already captured thralls, getting them to come and work for you without needing to break them on the Wheel of Pain.

https://www.conanexiles.com/blog/look-things-come/

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Crossposting from Crom's Drunken Camel Punchers. Come join the server for some chill PVE action.

ElectricWizard posted:

The game is really pretty at times. Really wish there was more of an endgame though.

ElectricWizard fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 2, 2018

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Currently eyeing this up on the summer sale.

Just curious though, was looking at playing on a private server with just a friend and was wondering if it is possible for just two people to realistically build a big castle/ town like in the trailers, or is that something that requires a lot of people working together to do?

TheFrankAttack
May 1, 2007

Vakal posted:

Just curious though, was looking at playing on a private server with just a friend and was wondering if it is possible for just two people to realistically build a big castle/ town like in the trailers, or is that something that requires a lot of people working together to do?

I had a clan on a private server with 2 other guys and mainly me and a buddy built a giant gently caress-off sperg base so you should be good. It gets easier if you guys coordinate on who is gathering/making mats and who is building. Definitely possible. Base location is probably the most important thing for smaller groups; if you have everything close to you it'll make building go by a lot quicker.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

TheFrankAttack posted:

I had a clan on a private server with 2 other guys and mainly me and a buddy built a giant gently caress-off sperg base so you should be good. It gets easier if you guys coordinate on who is gathering/making mats and who is building. Definitely possible. Base location is probably the most important thing for smaller groups; if you have everything close to you it'll make building go by a lot quicker.

Can you build a base anywhere you want?

It would be fun to recreate the mountain fortress from that first Dark Horse comics Conan city with the city of the Immortals and the bottomless chasm below it to throw people into.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Choose the longest sized dick and when you squat, the head of the dick with touch the sand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Vakal posted:

Can you build a base anywhere you want?

It would be fun to recreate the mountain fortress from that first Dark Horse comics Conan city with the city of the Immortals and the bottomless chasm below it to throw people into.

Some places are build-disabled. Like you can't totally fill up the inside of a cave, or build inside an NPC city. As for small group large builds, totally possible especially if you bump up your harvesting server rates.

• Locked thread