Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Mega64 posted:

There's a new FF5 SNES ROM hack called Project Demi that removes most cutscenes and adds an encounter toggle. The plans are to use this as a basis for a full fledged open world/randomizer hack like Free Enterprise for FF4.

Should be handy for the fiesta!

that's rad, but not gonna lie i would miss the GBA translation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
And done at last!

The ascent up the tower was actually really rough with the 1/1/2 team setup (Terra and Celes in their own teams and Setzer paired with Gau to give all three teams some healing and control), I think I wiped more to randoms than I did to bosses.

Though Guardian surprised me as the biggest roadblock of the bosses, since Dadaluma Program's thrown Ashura was an unavoidable 9999 damage and Terra was soloing him. Didn't help that I had no auto-Haste (sold off all my Hermes Sandals to clean up my inventory like a dumbass, and never did get any Marvel Shoes) so no way to prevent Slow from Ultros Program. I eventually got lucky by giving her a Black Belt and getting enough Ultima Weapon counters (plus regular attacks) to kill him before he got to Dadaluma.

Only scare on the final boss (aside from a few instant-death Reposes from Rest that thankfully never hit) was Kefka firing off a Heartless Angel, and then Magic Urn Gau sticking to his fists instead of Curaga and triggering an Ultima counter a few turns later while Terra and Celes were scrambling to Cure/a the team back up (in retrospect I probably should've just dropped that Megalixer that I grabbed on my way through the tower, stupid hindsight), but thankfully they managed to heal just enough to survive the counter while Setzer was Offering Fixed Dicing Kefka to death.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's an Open World Randomizer for FF5 called Career Day that is currently in beta testing.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mega64 posted:

There's an Open World Randomizer for FF5 called Career Day that is currently in beta testing.

This looks really neat.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Since the thread got bumped. I think it's about over but GIGLABOT has been doing class voting recently:
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1114331889991598081

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1123702295940751362
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1124091684525170688

I've also been playing Bravely Default 2 to prepare so I'm all ready!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm guessing the winner or winners of that poll will get banned in whatever new code word appears this year.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

When does this year's thread go up?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
last year's thread (this one) was May 20th so probably around then.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

When does this year's thread go up?

Kyro usually starts 'er up in the middle or end of May.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Kyro usually starts 'er up in the middle or end of May.

Yeah, I'll probably close this one in a few days and start thinking up clever titles for a late May opening for 2019.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Do you mind posting here when you do? I don't usually check the top-level games forum and don't want to miss it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ultrafilter posted:

Do you mind posting here when you do? I don't usually check the top-level games forum and don't want to miss it.

Yeah, I'll post it here as I close.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm guessing the winner or winners of that poll will get banned in whatever new code word appears this year.
Oh, like a #RegUnpopular to complement #RegPopular?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Doom Goon posted:

Oh, like a #RegUnpopular to complement #RegPopular?

Bard, Ninja, and Beastmaster all lost in the first round. So did Berserker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

agradine posted:

Bard, Ninja, and Beastmaster all lost in the first round. So did Berserker!

Sounds like an easy triple crown to me