Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mayhaps this goes better than the last time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Just go in with a clear head and don't take anything at face value. Learn from your mistakes, but don't let them define your games.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Always be ready to admit when you're wrong, but don't let that hesitation stop you when you smell scum.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Confirmed, I'm brutal cop, please don't vote me, doctor protect me tonight thank you.

Keane I'm sorry for not calling you suspicious last game, I promise I'll do my best to scrutinize your every action this time around

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

EccoRaven posted:

nobody died this time I just like drinking after work rather than writing. \_(ツ)_/

:cheerdoge:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

With that out of the way I think I'm like 3/4 of binus being scum in games ive been in recently so lets keep the streak alive

##vote bminus

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I believe Atomic Soda.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tired Moritz posted:

So... How is everyone

I'm doin good Moz I just had a burrito after not eating all day and now I'm gonna take notes on dumb MMO nonsense.

How're you buddy.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Welp, looks like my vote was rock solid. You're all welcome.

I do not believe Soda is lying, Keane.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moz I'm sorry you got bit by a dog, please feel better soon

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

my mention of bk and mona is obviously a joke which they can confirm. i owe them both a murder.

would that i had the loving kikoho this game, christ

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

I voted you as a goof, but it looks like I made the right call.

Please explain how you think you would be an asset to town.

BK, Mona, what is your response to this?

I think ASoda is a fine player and I get wanting to claim PGO because it's a really tricky role to play around, the main way they're useful as a power role is by trying to get scum to run into them, as has been discussed, which is now out the window. The way they're responding to you feels like towny who knows they got a role that can't be very useful to town.

Slamburger posted:

I think Monathin's behavior is a little weird around the claim. He's mentioned in the claim (which AS later says was just a joke), but he made two separate posts about how he believed the claim. The second post just struck me as too stuck on it.

I believe ASoda's claim because I believe ASoda's claim.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

BottleKnight posted:

Hey friends, sorry about my absence. I've been a little busy with summer classe-

hm.

Very curious to hear your thoughts, given I've made mine clear.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

i vigged atomic soda in DBZ Mafia 2 and as such am owed a death at Asoda's earliest convenience.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

For what it's worth I believe ASoda's claim 100% but it does put us in an uncomfortable position of having to dunk someone who is almost definitely town without being able to scumhunt.

Personally I do not like the way Hal is arguing, and appears to be moving the goalposts multiple times on reasons we should dunk AS.

Also that "who would want AS in LYLO" situation is incredibly petty, imo, and speaks of a weird level of confidence in AS' dunk, which does not seem a pro-Town attitude to have, PGO Death-Miller or no.

I am currently preferring Hal over any sort of narrative claimed on Soda.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lol ok vote me thats fine

Well, if you insist.

##unvote

##vote Hal

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess I should just claim. Reverse death-Miller so Ill flip town but know that I was secretly scum

Are you saying you do not believe ASoda's claim? Please speak clearly.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I tend to believe it but it doesnt change my attitude about what to do.

Mostly I was just being snide because people acting like Im pushing some scummy agenda is irking me when Im pretty clearly coming from a logical place. AS herself said mostly the same things I did

It was not what you said, but how you said it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Notably ABSENT in Mona's posts are any response to Mona being called out by name by AS in her claim.

I thought I was more explicit in my call out of that, but I'm a bit ambigious so let me be clear: I'd like Mona to respond to AS claiming them out by name.

If y'all are gonna make me do this, fine.

I have flavor in my role PM that reinforces what Atomic Soda is saying about a psuedo Death Miller claim, because I have something similar, though not the same as ASoda's claim.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IllegallySober posted:

I'm having a real hard time parsing this, so to clarify; you're saying that your role PM contains reference to AS as a player specifically with a Death Miller claim, or that there is a player in the game who may be a Death Miller? And your role is similar in some way to AS's claimed role?

Also, ##unvote as we appear to be comfortably out of jokephase at this point.

My role is similar to AS's claimed role, in that I am going to flip a suspicious alignment on my death, that I cannot confirm is the scum alignment.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Which is why this post

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess I should just claim. Reverse death-Miller so Ill flip town but know that I was secretly scum

Makes me more suspicious of Hal, in that Hal is being aggressively jokey about throwing shade on ASoda's claim, which of course makes me think there is some peak Alignment Fuckery (TM) going on, and thus flips are going to be harder to trust.

Which of course is what I expect Hal is trying to do by discrediting Soda and their claim in-between calling for their head, hence my vote.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IllegallySober posted:

Is the alignment you are going to flip different or the same as AS claimed?

It is a different one, though I refuse to elaborate further.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

how did you come to this conclusion

I think I can at least see what Bastardly is looking at, namely that Keane's being extremely aggressive (as Moat points out, as well) with regards to this push on AS, and, as a result he is looking a bit scummy for it.

If you take the assumption that we have Scum Keane over Town Keane right now, the aggressiveness in pushing for a lunch of AS (who has been more or less forthright with her role) would lead you to believe that the scum team likely does not have a good way to take advantage of AS' PGO role.

For what it's worth, coming back to the thread, I think Keane is reading more suspicious than Hal.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

Another thought is she may be 3p but with my flavor and Monas flavor and the fact that this is an eccogame I am really inclined to believe what she's saying

To clarify, it is not 100% a Deathmiller but it is a Psuedo-Deathmiller mechanic. I will be flipping something other than Town-Aligned on my death, much like AS. I cannot confirm one way or another that either my flip is not the True Scum Alignment this game, and I assume AS' flavor is similar, hence shorthanding it to a Deathmiller.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

occam's razor leads me to think this claim is false. but then the way b-minus engages with it strikes me as odd as well. maybe it's just because i don't agree with his logic but he pings me

Hey heads up this is a bad post.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Why aren't you revealing the alignment you would flip as, then?

I didn't think it was necessary but sure.

I will flip as council-aligned on death.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

And, to be clear:

You are town aligned, but will flip as council-aligned on death?

Like this isn't a "Council aligned equals town aligned" type deal?

Correct. It is explicitly mentioned in the Role PM as to obfuscate my alignment, due to flavor of the town council being rife with corruption and nepotism, and thus not well trusted among the townsfolk.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also, much like Atomic Soda, my Role PM says that, if investigated, I will investigate as town-aligned, my Actual For REal Alignment.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

You seemed reluctant before, is there a reason for this?

I have a power role of a currently indeterminable amount of usefulness.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Do you have a reason for why you weren't murdered with the rest of the town?

Yes. I was tending to my vineyard.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This is why I felt it pertinent to reinforce that AS' claim, however unlikely, rang true, as it matches up almost word for word in non-PR mechanics to my own, except for "council" being switched with "wild". It is notably different from the sample PM, and as such I assume this is this game's Gimmick.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tired Moritz posted:

It would be funny is Mona really is town but AS still is scum

I find it unlikely but also :agreed:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

I think I'd vote BK, actually.

I would like to hear your reasoning, though I also have some hunches, myself. I am not entirely opposed to a BK vote.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That seems reasonable enough. However:

IllegallySober posted:

I do not feel like voting AS today unless absolutely necessary to avoid no-dunk and instead would like to ##vote CCKeane.

I find it funny that you're turning on Keane now when I'm finally starting to warm up to him.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah, I'm at least willing to do this until BK shows up and tries to prove us wrong.

##unvote
##vote BottleKnight

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

EccoRaven posted:

BottleKnight has requested a replacement.

Welp.

##unvote

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Atomic Soda (3): CCKeane, Slamburger, Tired Moritz, b-minus1, -b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, -CCKeane
CCKeane (3): Atomic Soda, Moatillata, IllegallySober
BottleKnight (2): CCKeane, Monathin
SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza
Moatillata (0): Atomic Soda, -Atomic Soda
b-minus1 (0): Monathin, Slamburger, -Slamburger, -Monathin
Hal Incandenza (0): SalTheBard, Moatillata, Monathin, -SalTheBard, -Moatillata, -Monathin
Dick Bastardly (0): IllegallySober, -IllegallySober
Lynch No One! (0): Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (6): b-minus1, BottleKnight, Dick Bastardly, Jonathan Fisk, Pinterest Mom, SalTheBard

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is June 04th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 20 minutes from this post.

:D

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I still think how aggressive Hal went in on AS was way too harsh for what was going on, personally, and god a bad vibe from their OMGUS on me when I pointed this out.

I would gladly dunk Fisk over AS were it not for them being replaced out.

I'm looking a bit closer at Sober's vote on Keane and I don't like it, not one bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm curious as to this reasoning, AA.

• Locked thread