Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hello I’m here now. I did a read through, but I probably need another look at some stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CCKeane posted:

And, to be clear:

You are town aligned, but will flip as council-aligned on death?

Like this isn't a "Council aligned equals town aligned" type deal?

There’s something to this post that fires off some warning signals to me. Like Keane is trying to flavor fish or something? I don’t know, it’s weird.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Podima posted:

Initial thoughts please!

I actually believe in AS’s claim because I don’t know why someone would make it up. I think Keane is being wrong and is probably bad. A council flip makes sense to me because Ecco. That’s about it!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Yes, I'm explicitly flavor fishing.

b-minus1 posted:

warning signals? sounds like keane is just asking mona to clarify his alignment. i dont see anything wrong with that

I guess it just feels too close to role fishing for me? Also like Keane is more interested in learning details of the game’s setup (for whatever reason) than in actively scum hunting.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Sorry about missing the deadline last night, I'm with my girlfriend all week and I had health care stuff to do with her.

Moatillata posted:

Council aligned is the pseudo Miller

I am also council aligned as I mentioned before

I'm really annoyed that I let go of the Keane case

These flip shenanigans are definitely going to confuse things. But on the other hand, do we have any proof that you'll win with town?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

The interactions between DickyB and Podima feel off to me. I see Podima going hard at him and then going around and voting for Tiny. I might be jumping at nothing, but looking through DickyB’s history, it’s only with Podima that anything jumps out.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Podima posted:

Do you believe moat's claim of flipping council-aligned is fake, if this is you calling him scum? Going back and rereading, I feel like moat's belief in ASoda's claim/backing up Mona's claim comes out organically.

Looking back, I think my brain was more in a setup speculation mindset, that Council folks are scum. But I guess that doesn’t make much sense if one of them is a cop? Except Ecco game so who knows.

Podima posted:

This feels off, as I pointed out a bit ago DickB did interact with a couple of other folks - what are your thoughts on those interactions?

I don’t see as much heat in those interactions. They certainly exist, but none of them ping me as anything particularly off. Like, there was a lot more back and forth with you, which of course could lead to WIFOM to choose him as the kill to get suspicion on you.

I probably should take another look at Keane, there’s something to him that’s been feeling off to me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Let's also take this apart further: Are these the only options? They are not, and signaling exists as an option.

Let's look at AS's claim and how Mona, one of the named players, responded to it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=178848

The above is Mona's post history. I'm linking it here so everybody inclined to take a look can see how many of the posts are directly related to AS and Mona's reaction to AS.

Notably ABSENT in Mona's posts are any response to Mona being called out by name by AS in her claim.

I thought I was more explicit in my call out of that, but I'm a bit ambigious so let me be clear: I'd like Mona to respond to AS claiming them out by name.

CCKeane posted:

Mona and Moat are both saying the same thing. Are they all scum?

I think this might be at the crux of what’s throwing me, the shift in Keanu’s perspective about Mona, especially in the light of Mona’s flip. The first part seems like it’s going fairly hard at Mona, and the second, or so it seems to me, has him adjusting his stance significantly. Maybe I missed something in between the two, but it feels fishy to me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hello I’m here now, please do not turbo me.

AA’s babble feels fairly genuine to me, seems like the sort of thing I would do in a similar circumstance. The only part that trips me up is the claim that he didn’t read his role PM in enough detail, but that’s largely a shrug from me.

Nothing much has really jumped out at me, but I probably could use with another look at some things.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I went an looked over Podima again, and the guy is clearly putting in a lot of effort, but it just doesn’t feel genuine to me. I think he’s making cases about people who he thinks look suspicious rather than people who are actually suspicious.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What does that mean? His suspicion doesn't line up with yours so that is suspicious? lol

It’s more than just that. There’s a sense of artificiality to his cases, at least to me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Podima posted:

AA is lying scum. I don’t know what to think of b- for furiously trying to draw attention away from him but it isn’t good.

Explain?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Yeah, I’m definitely starting to come around to the other side on my perspective of AA. His claim seems to be the crux of everything he’s saying, but without knowing his sanity he’s willing to call Pod scum despite claiming to check him as town? This is pinging me as off.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Bleh, I’m not going to be around for deadline tonight either.

I really think that AA’s story has been floating a bit too much, so I’m going to put my vote there.

##vote AA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I’m deeply ashamed of my playing in this game and I apologize fully and sincerely for my low quantity of posts. I’m clearly not in a place to be playing Mafia, and will unlikely be playing again for a while.

• Locked thread