Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can I play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've done my worst mafia drunk. I won't tell you what game, but it was heinous.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:munch: My bad. I posted in this thread and then saw the game was full. Didn't mean to not be here!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello, I asked PMom to let me have my spot back because I didn't know that Ecco actually put me into the game. I apologize, PMom.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will catch up now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Atomic Soda posted:

moat if we are both town my happiness will be complete but now i've sobered up somewhat you should probably kill me today.

the best and greatest rule with mafia is play to win and i am town but boy howdy i'm also a paranoid gun owner death miller (not sure if my flip is the scum alignment tho)

i am not a good enough player to make this work in towns favour and i don't want cops/docs dying to a misplaced hail of bullets. claiming is a problem also cause if scum have a redirector they just gunna feed townies into my fire, but i think its better than sitting on this info.

please kill me painlessly, and win as town for my sacrifice

if you let me live (don't) i'm pretty sure ecco said that bk and monathin were immune to my paranoia and should visit anytime!

##vote AS

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
AS dies today, we win before it matters, or we probably lose in lylo because that issue decides that lynch to the scum’s advantage.

Haven’t fully caught up but yeah.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keane’s content is pretty bad so far!

On a phone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Atomic Soda posted:

hi merk! do you think i'm scum?

I do not know. I do not want to get to lylo and have to figure that out, likely resulting in a town loss.

You've claimed something that Ecco would never put into a game. You need to die.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm kind of caught up. Went to a birthday dinner tonight and read on phone when I had a chance. Will post more in the morning.

AS is the right lynch. If you need convincing, ask me questions.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

It would be more of null tell on D1 but to use that as an excuse to not offer reads on D3 is more scummy

I’ll talk about those 3 in a minute hang on

I just replaced into the game. This looks pretty fake.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

AS's claim of flavor and alignment seems to line up with that put forth by Mona, who was killed during the night and flipped an alignment other than town. Why is AS appreciably different in this regard?

Atomic Soda posted:

i will flip 'wild-aligned' when i die, there is no confirmation that this is the scum alignment

EccoRaven posted:

Night 1: Monathin, Cornelia, Inquisitor (council-aligned cult cop), died.

Huh?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
AS is at best a third party.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Doesn't seem like anyone is claiming to be an asset here. Voting AS is probably right, especially since the PGO can be weaponized by the scum if they have the right roles.

I guess it could be a really sneaky lynch-bomb trick or something

Hal Incandenza posted:

Agreed ##vote AS

Hal Incandenza posted:

Do you have a better option? (besides me)

AS has boxed us in. Can't investigate. Scum won't kill. Will flip scum. They either stay around as a distraction or we get it over with.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean maybe if AS was in here dazzling us with reads it might be different but we have heard nothing but the claim and "I'm not good enough to play this role"

Bottom line is the 3 options are:

1 - AS is possibly telling the truth but we won't know until the game is over and it will be a permanent distraction and possibly used against town. Also who would want AS in a LYLO situation?
2 - AS is a jester and leaves the game when dead
3 - Is scum gambitting and we won't know until the game is over

If someone has a great non-AS scum case today, I'm all for looking at that. Otherwise AS is kind of a detriment to town going forward. If I were scum I would want AS around as long as possible after that claim unless I was totally convinced she was a master scum hunter who would break the game open if left alive.

All solid mafia theory.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

I dunno I feel like I’m contributing as I always do and I made some reads but whatever

I’d probably vote merk since PMom was not very good and merk as scum would love to hide behind “this person is bad for town” third-party/whatever AS is case. See Westworld game for a perfect example

It’s fine wanting AS dead but to use it as an excuse to not case anyone else is scummmmmy especially three days in

##unvote
##vote merk

This, however, stands out as fake. You've given no reads that matter in any way (Your Meinberg vote and AA votes are without explanation) and you agree with the position I've taken on AS. Yet, here you are with this vote right after I replaced into the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sal is also someone I'd vote.

SalTheBard posted:

Let me make sure I understand:

AA cops Pod

Pod asks if he made a typo

AA thinks that's Pod confirming

AA misreads his PM

AA corrects a prior statement

Pod thinks that AA is lying about their claim

THIS GAME IS SO CONFUSING! I DON'T GET WHAT IS GOING ON! LET ME RESTATE FACTS IN A WAY THAT APPEARS TO BE HELPFUL WHEN IN FACT PROVIDES NO VALUE WHATSOEVER AT ACTUALLY FINDING SCUM! BY THE WAY I WONT ANALYZE ANYONE'S ALIGNMENT IN THIS WHOLE EXCHANGE

SalTheBard posted:

IS - Lean Scum. There are a couple of posts that he's made (especially in defense of some of his votes) that I don't like.
B- - Town. I'm not really wild about this fight with Pod because I like both of them. Really feel like B- is frustrated town
Hal - Has been providing reads, and has done a good job of pointing out others actions
Keane - Lean Scum. Mostly because of his posting surrounding the AA kill.

AS I have a question for you:

What made you change your mind from "Please kill me I'm a miller PGO" to "Ya I want to play, please don't kill me."?

He's leaning towards voting IS in a way that lets him explain it if he actually is required to by going back and doing the work. "a couple of posts" rings fake especially when you don't quote them.

This guy is trying to hide in plain sight.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:siren: CCKeane, I am going to need you to claim actually.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keane basically spent this entire game WIFOMing about council-aligned vs. wild-aligned. I'd also vote him. However, before we get to that, he needs to claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I do not intend to claim anything until CCKeane claims, but I'd be happy to do so when that occurs.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello, we need some votes to start coming down.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here: ##unvote; ##vote Sal

I think AS is the right vote, but we need to get moving on some poo poo here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'd also lynch Hal. Ok, let's put Hal at 3: ##unvote; ##vote Hal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote Sal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Is anyone else wild-aligned?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If Keane isn't going to claim: I am council-aligned. I know this is a town alignment (as is apparently town-aligned). Keane didn't know that which is what prompted me to ask him to claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I feel like wild-aligned is either scum or a fakeclaim for cult-aligned.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Unless someone comes out and says they are also wild-aligned, I'm voting AS and not looking back.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote AS

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
9 alive.

If this is a traditional cult, there are at most 3 cultists remaining:
n0: Cult Recruiter
n1: Cult Recruiter + Recruit1
n2: Cult Recruiter + Recruit 1 + Recruit 2
n3: Cult Recruiter + Recruit 1 + Recruit 2 + Recruit 3

If there is a traditional cult and a traditional scum team for this size of game (3 scum), that means there are 3 town, 3 scum, and 3 cult remaining.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

why would scum AS try to get herself lynched d1? If anything, a PGO balances out the cult recruiting ability.

That would be hilarious if alasdair tried to recruit AS last night

If AS is scum, Town is so bad now that I don't think AS was ever in danger of being lynched d1. Only Hal was making sense.

If AS is the Cult Recruiter, a "wild-aligned PGO" claim on d1 is pretty brilliant.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think Hal is scum.
I think AS is not town.
I am unsure on Keane but leaning not town.

That's as far as I've gotten before a reread, which I will do now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

IllegallySober posted:

Between Hal and Sal, I had Sal as a scum read earlier, although I'm not dead-set one way or another. Can someone please link me to a case on Hal?

IllegallySober posted:

I'm likely gone from this point forward. Please dunk a scum.

These posts came 45m apart. You couldn't go through the thread and figure out what you thought of Hal's alignment in that time?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Slamburger posted:

Thinking further, having a Death Miller die at some later point gives the scum:

1. Ability to argue gambit/scum whichever way benefits their fake cases with no answer until the game ends.
2. Ability to post non-casework content by trying to "solve" gambit/scum and/or egging on town that will inevitably also be trying to solve that even if its pointless.

So yeah, having a Death Miller survive for any period of time seems like a major pain, so sorry if you're telling the truth and Ecco gave you a bum role AS, but

##unvote
##vote AS

I'm sorry. You were also making sense d1.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

So I am guessing council-aligned are non-VT town then, I suppose that makes an Ecco sort of sense

That definitely makes wild-aligned sound 3p/scum for sure.

Yes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Hi, hello.

Pod is cult, thank you, good night.

At what could potentially be COMPLETELY hosed status if we mislynch, you need to claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

We still haven't been able to explain why 2 people died n1, and nobody died n2. Maybe cult couldn't recruit the first night? Do cults typically have killing actions?
There could be a town/3p vig. That person should consider claiming imo.

EccoRaven posted:

:s: Dick Bastardly, Matteo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), died in his sleep night 1. :s:
:s: Monathin, Cornelia, Inquisitor (council-aligned cult cop), committed suicide night 1.
:s:

Flavor is weird too on the suicide kill.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Why didn't you challenge me yesterday?

I did. We ran out of time.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote

b-minus1 posted:

Radio silence from merk and IS.

I'm not here every moment of every day, friend. I've already claimed council-aligned. For flavor, I am a constable who was outside of town when the massacre occurred. I'm now here hoping to restore order.

I don't intend to claim my role, but I do have one.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have a theory:

"wild-aligned" can win with any alignment. AS sounds like a Survivor if that is accurate.
"self-aligned" can only win with himself.

That's the only way that I can distinguish what I believe are two non-town alignments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
In previous Ecco games, an SK is self-aligned, for example.

• Locked thread