Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

They could compete for his affections.

I was so happy I was able to ride my dudebro's back. Totally not gay.

Also my god is Wizzro the most annoying thing to fight and not get hit. I swear his attacks are like a straight 180 degree cone in front of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Holy poo poo Wizzro sucks to play as.

Or against, instant AOEs and if you try to keep away so you can dodge those attacks you'll be too far away to hit him before his weak point gauge drops. If it isn't jacking your health rating its constantly interrupting you.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

gey muckle mowser posted:

Cia sounds like she is constantly taking a poo poo

My brother was going mad yesterday when we ran through Cia's story in legends mode. Ah HAHAHAHAHA. Ah HAHAHAHAHA. Ah HAHAHAHAHA. I was trying to find an attack where she didn't end with it laughing to help him out but every attack ended with that laugh. Now I randomly do that laugh to make fun of him :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think I might know the answer to this, but does using the fairy skill Glass Canon effect your damage score?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Reality Loser posted:

When in story mode do you get the hammer? The story isn't gripping me at all so far and I'd rather be doing adventure.

Good news: Its at the very end!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

What the gently caress is going on in this “don’t let allied captains flee” Great Sea mission? There’s way too much fighting and there’s no way I’ll be able to save all the captains.

The "Two Armies" adventure mode missions are annoying because of your allied captains just dropping like flies. Kill a captain from one army? The other army gets buffed. Level the playing field? Well now the other army got buffed. And the second their big dots on the map touch your dude's dots on the map you're instantly bombarded with the friendly captains going from in trouble to danger to fleeing 4 seconds apart.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kin posted:

edit: Oh, and for those thinking of trying, don't bother going for all of the myfaries. You can only keep 5 (for some reason) and you have to get rid of one if you keep collecting more. I don't even know if they contribute to your completion percentage or not.

:psyduck: Well gently caress, does the game even tell you about this? I'm pretty sure this wasn't mentioned in the tutorial.

E: Unrelated but man I figured something that makes quizzes much more tolerable: Boomerangs. Stun that other fuckhead who keeps getting in your way while you beat on the correct guy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

So there's this quiz mission on the first Adventure map where the rank A reward requires playing as Zant and the third quiz gives you an option between Ganondorf (the right answer) and... a Bokoblin.

I guess I'm not getting all the heart containers, but I'd still like to know how Zant of all characters can avoid doing area damage in that battle?

If you can, get a bud to play another character to take out Ganondorf while you chain stun the bokoblin.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

tithin posted:

If the camera is off the goblin, it won't render and it will stay passive and out of aoe range

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :byodood:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Can any stage be a co-op stage? If a stage has a character restriction, can the second player pick a different character anyway? ...Can I use a second controller to bypass that stage where Fi has to fight The Imprisoned?

Yes, just note that you're gonna have to keep the first player safe, also they'll have to be in the fort for the enemies to spawn.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Do we got a dummies guide to faeries? I see stat gains and stat reductions from food and it makes me hesitant to start shoving food into my pet's throats.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

where are the boy fairies

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

Yeah, damage requirements are percentage now, so heart pieces matter again. That said, if the A rank requirements are 100% or less, hearts are still useless.

It'd be nice if the game would let you know about this. Along with how many kills, or if kills even matter...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Senerio posted:

That's the one thing that Fire Emblem Warriors has over this honestly.

Yeah, if nothing else it made me know that I should retry cause I'm not gonna get an A rank. Here I need to debate if I should restart, or if I do need to go out and kill 1,600 enemies before finishing the boss.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Wizzro is still worst girl due to his instant, multi hit AOE attacks but Agitha is a close second. Why does her charge 3 attack have invincibility frames that last so long? Did a Midna quiz map where 2 of the answers was Agitha and I had to sit there and let the second warrior beat on me every time she summoned that giant beetle.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I love Link's Master Sword cause its like, no gimmicks, no flashy moves, he's just a hard rear end mother fucker that is going to wreck poo poo.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've had it crash once, and it was right after selecting a character. I have noticed the memory leaks where the graphics wig out, but thats when I close the app an restart it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
He does, and it doesn't help his C1(2?) attack is basically a one two hit combo that instantly comes out with no tell, and it covers a huge distance.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I do not touch turncoat soldiers unless my brother is around for some co-op. Those are so frustrating solo. Why yes I want to run back to my commander every 3 minutes as the troops around them constantly turncoat and get super powered.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SettingSun posted:

I just started the Great Sea map and these "get as many KOs as possible" missions are awesome. The enemy density makes it so satisfying.

Pop a faerie, they apparently kill enemies that aren't even rendered.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

It wasn't meant to be, apparently ;(

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rirse posted:

Is it bad I will take the long route to get a adventure map section if a mandatory Fi only map is in the way?

NOT AT ALL

My little brother is visiting and while I claim I'm doing some brotherly bonding over the vidya, I secretly want him to play an OP character during character only maps.

It made going west in the first adventure map cause they really loving like Fi there.

Leal fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 17, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Give me a 5 star 4+ weapon already game so I can sell all my weapons instead of hoarding them :byodood:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Got a 4+ for Linkle. Whats the best way to get a 5 star version? I slapped slots and stars onto the freebie.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah, I was in a mission on the Lorule map that required me to play as Zelda with the baton, I had the second lightning defense badge and completely normal (not glowing) generals were hitting for like 6 hearts.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Double Bombos faeries are loving amazing. Feed your faeries fire based food between 1-50.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

How do you tell what type the food is? I used to be able to tell in the 3DS version but I can't for the life of me find where it tells you that in the Switch one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MPybFxdeB_1ZQxw9Ukgarc8P0E_L3wYzSkyJuinmcMw/edit#gid=0

I think the only way to tell in game is to first have a fire faerie, then highlight a food. If she smiles then its her element.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I just used the great fairy weapon for Link. This is a fetish thing, isn't it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was about to finish a weak point on a boss and a loving Gibdo did its ranged, cone AOE at stunned me right as I was gonna finish the last blow :argh:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is it just me or does the game randomly remove check marks from food in adventure mode? I swear I grab a food from a map and a few battles later it'll just remove the check.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
poo poo running some maps on Grand Adventures and even with a gold badge for lightning defense and water defense I was still losing like 8 hearts in a hit to a big blin. I was dreading fighting Volga but compared to the blins he was a complete and total bitch who could barely do 2 hearts worth of damage.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The worst characters are the ones with animation lock that you can't dodge cancel out of :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Got a double heal aura fairy hanging around?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

I have a Light fairy with Shine x2, I’m not sure how big the “Magic Barrier” is but that might help??

I would wanna say it could, but after popping double heal, double defense, double reduce defense (against enemies) and STILL having captains retreat from random traitor mooks... I dunno, man.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

DontMindMe posted:

I ended up doing hard skulltulas in free mode since I could bring my very high level sheik and than bring the required character/weapon in second slot and then never use them.

I tried this with having Link be my second warrior in the prologue level. I think the fact that your second warrior will leave the map broke something cause the skulltula didn't spawn :saddowns:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Marin is great because her C1 is like a shotgun.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FPzero posted:

Oh right, I didn't pick her up until I was a ways through the map because I wasn't sure what fairy I wanted to get rid of at the time. Good hair options are very important.

:yeah:

Has someone managed to compile all the faeries?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Sounds like its time for a few retractions.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
God drat I'm hype for that.

Linkle better be in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kin posted:

Yeah, I think that's why I can see something like Mario Warriors being an easy win.

There's already a roster of playable characters (Mario's gang, Bowsers Gang, Warios gang, etc) and a variety of enemies from goombas to hammer bros as well as a number of bosses that could be hand picked from any of the games.

Nintendo could even churn out DLC. You could have a Donkey Kong one, super Mario Land ones, Wario Land, super Mario Galaxy.

Even stuff like unlockable skins, moves and weapons. It's kinda all there really.

Just do a Super Smash Bros Warriors.