Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Fire Emblem Musou was disappointing in some respects, but I seriously hope they patch some of the QOL stuff back into this one because I love the gently caress out of this game.

What's the mechanics for fairies in this game? in the 3ds version they worked off Magic meter and it looks like they have their own meter now? how do you build it? and are double shadow fairies still the default best?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I might be the only person who likes that song then

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The sound of my nightmares

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tae posted:

Fire Emblem barely has any, and it's just a dps race without any annoying gimmicks.

I don't remember Gundam being too annoying but I haven't played Reborn.

yeah but unfortunately fire emblem musou was absolute garbage

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The Moon Monster posted:

I feel like everything about it except character/moveset variety was good to great but unfortunately that is maybe the most important thing for a musou.

Mounts were garbage and being unable to reliably control your movements made them unfun to play

Archers were great for chewing up crowds but loving garbo at officers - unfortunately FE Musou was a game predicated on chewing up officers, not crowds.

Mages felt boring and felt like they had nothing to contribute being poor at both officer destruction and crowds

The music wasn't great

Too many fates / awakening characters (and I say that as someone who only got into the series at Awakening)

History mode felt like a poor mans adventure map mode, being both shorter and less interesting.

Buying skills was extremely grating

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I didn't say it was bad but I found the hyrule music better personally :shrug:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Turn camera away from goblin, lure Ganon into corner, slay

If the camera is off the goblin, it won't render and it will stay passive and out of aoe range

To the guy asking for bandages, the story map where you invade the shrine to links many forms has a ton of them. If you use the mats pots, you can get up to 10ish?per run, maybe more

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is there a way to load mp3s to the Switch and have it play then in rotation on the soundtrack

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Twice now I've fought a hero who was using a weapon they don't use (ie Sheik with a rapier), is this a thing that happens or a bug?

It happens. They use the weapon moveset and not their regular moveset, so don't get caught off guard.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I hope they announce fire emblem vs Hyrule Warriors at e3 tomorrow

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

b_d posted:

pretty sure the only reason not to sell a weaker weapon is if you want to grab one of its abilities

This is correct.

You may want to not sell some of the 5k unlock weapon skills because they're all relatively powerful.

3/4k are situational skills

sell anything 1/2k.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Dad Jokes posted:

How do I make the most of Ruto? All of her moves take forever and can't be dodge canceled, and her light combo feels like total trash.

You use literally anyone else.

C2 to break gauges, C...5? 6? to wipe out mooks / bases. The one that has her form a massively wide wave.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bakalakadaka posted:

Who are y'alls favorite boss killers? Linkle is good at everything but Lana's book is probably my favorite for bosses. Use her C4 to put 3 walls up on the boss and then do it again in the same spot and the second round of walls shatters the first 3 and just explodes any boss's wpg.

Sheikh c2. Hardest hitting attack in the game.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Silver Falcon posted:

Imagine how much worse it would have been in the original version where you could only ever take off half the Imprisoned's WPG in one go. Ever. He would automatically get back up when it emptied halfway.

1/3 in wiiu
1/2 in 3ds
1 go in definitive

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

OH NO, ALL MY FREE TIME

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I realise this is the HW2 thread now, but I'm playing HW:DE again and I forgot just how much I hate Agitha's skillset, it's just so loving obtuse.

And its annoying to fight against.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Leal posted:

What, do you not like it when the enemy just can't be hurt for 5 seconds at a time as part of their regular combo?

Don't forget that you'll get clipped and interrupted even when she's standing still because of that beetle

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm chipping away through DE slowly, almost done with the master quest map and gently caress me sideways the "don't get hit" mission for zelda's t3 royal scepter weapon is miserable - got all the way to the end and got slapped twice in less than a second by the boss and a dinolfos who jumped in on me from offscreen

was not impressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Drakenel posted:

Can't help with the boss bullshit, but try to get a fairy with Water wall. It's the same exact effect as Shiek's water barrier status in that it just eats damage. I think it still might go down in one hit, but it may afford you one more hit.

Already cleared that map, just happen to think it's kinda bullshit.

thanks for the advice, I'm currently saving up food to power a fairy to get the right stats for magic fountain+, so I'll look that up and see if I can include it