Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I think I'd rather they just announce a new Nintendo series to "Warrior-ize" at e3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

FPzero posted:

It's because you can repeatedly get gold food drops from missions after the checkmark clears. I think. But yeah it's annoying to not really know which gold food drops you've missed or skipped.
I always leave 1 of each food in storage just to have a list available if I check My Fairy.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Played the demo, I'm liking the combat, but am going to need way more time to figure out the playstyle of anyone not named Link. My biggest issue is that I often have a hard time figuring out the maps and keep getting lost on the way to my objective.

I am a bit disappointed the game isn't going to be a proper prequel where everyone is fated to die and the world is left with nothing but a small glimmer of hope, like Revenge of the Sith. That woulda been cool.
I recently played through almost all the content in Dynasty Warriors 8 XL Complete (which was the first time I really learned about the Romance of the Three Kingdoms lore) and the thing I liked was that you'd play through a faction and see its rise and ultimate decline. HOWEVER, a really cool thing was that each faction also had an unlockable "what-if" branch where all the things that went wrong over the years didn't happen and they ended up with a perfect timeline.

Maybe they're going to have the same thing here, where a first playthrough is the canon bad ending, then a timeline split where everything works out.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Crawfish posted:

Yeah for anyone concerned about what the lack of Adventure mode means for side content, it looks like i'm about 38% done for it after 56 battle missions and 113 other missions (the trade mats for power stuff), so there's a bit of stuff to do there.
Prob gonna be DLC at some point that adds something interesting, too.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Playing as Revali and flying around spamming Y makes me feel like I’m playing Drakengard again when you could summon the dragon and just lay waste to fools from above.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Battles where you have to fight Kohga with a time limit are horse poo poo, it's so difficult to get his weak point gauge to appear

Is there a list of which attacks for each character are best at triggering weak points?

Also, what does leveling up actually do for your character? Since it doesn't increase your hearts, and your damage is based on your weapon...
You do gain hearts at certain level thresholds. Not sure if it also buffs your strength or not. I would think it would if stages recommend certain levels, right?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I unlocked the ability to see how many Koroks are in a level, I went back to Battle for Hyrule Field and ran around for half an hour and still am missing one, ugh. I'm also still way short of Bokoblin parts to unlock Skull Lake because I was an idiot and sold a bunch for rupees for weapon fusion two chapters back.
Looks like there are guides to find all the seeds:
https://game8.co/games/Hyrule-Warriors-AoC/archives/309383

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

b_d posted:

I like that it rumbles when it’s done loading, so you can look at something else
This is like the "your table is ready" feature, haha.
Definitely wish more games that had long load screens featured it (although it'll be less of an issue with next-gen loading times).

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Alacron posted:

Use the Master Sword and sword beam everything into submission.
I'm in Chapter 4 and almost exclusively addicted to the full-health master sword beam attack. Good for just mowing down huge amounts of troops and hitting crates from far away. Might be boring, but I'm maining sword/shield Link so far.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’ve only gotten insanely good weapons from removing rust lol the price is steep though.

Also the price of removing weapon seals is insane. I did it once so far and it hurt. It was physically painful. The rupees you have to pay on top of the bajillion items you have to sacrifice to the god of weapon seals is just adding insult to injury.
Yeah, I saw the first price and I was like, oh, 300/600 rupees, not terrible.
Then I got to the second screen... WHHHHYYYYYY.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah it's kind of bizarre that there's no 'enemy is advancing to capture your base' mechanics. I don't really remember it being too much of a problem in HW1 but it's just not here. I felt like most of the enemies were just static standing around in the same spots while the only ones moving were the tougher enemies like guardians. I think because of it I went through without ko'ing all that many enemies because they weren't exactly doing anything or trying to move from where they were rooted so just 'eh'
I think part of this game that's a bit off compared to other Musou titles is the lack of urgency. You can kind of meander around at your leisure while in other games you're under the gun and every second counts. I have a habit of constantly checking the mission pop-up text after each objective's completed because I used to have to hoof it to the next spot immediately. I think they changed this so that you can still explore and search for Korok seeds without feeling like you're going to fail the mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Red Minjo posted:

When you do get the new skill slot, the first skill of whatever weapon you fed to it first will be the skill you add. Since you can only feed 5 at a time, you might need to manage exactly when you level-up a little bit to get the right one.
I wish this wasn't so clunky. Not sure why they made it so user-unfriendly like this. Just let us pick which skill we want to add out of the group, geez.