Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Papa Emeritus III posted:

I asked myself that for YEARS.

Technically, we're all Germans but still.

I only recently began talking to them.

For further content, I believe the state can also take away your license if you dont pay owed child support.

Yeah my sisters ex husband is a peice of poo poo so ive gome down this road, they can take any license you hold but thatll basically get them fired and payments reduced although they will still owe. But on that note we don't imprison people for debt here so you can occassionally pop them with contempt when they really piss off a judge but thats about it. If its some drunk rear end in a top hat that treats jail like a loving hotel anyways you are just hosed and will never see that money ever.

Personally i think if the state fails to make the deadbeat pony up anything, they should be on the hook for some of that bill, but thatll never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

DogonCrook posted:

Yeah my sisters ex husband is a peice of poo poo so ive gome down this road, they can take any license you hold but thatll basically get them fired and payments reduced although they will still owe. But on that note we don't imprison people for debt here so you can occassionally pop them with contempt when they really piss off a judge but thats about it. If its some drunk rear end in a top hat that treats jail like a loving hotel anyways you are just hosed and will never see that money ever.

Personally i think if the state fails to make the deadbeat pony up anything, they should be on the hook for some of that bill, but thatll never happen.

Feel like the obvious option there is just have the state support single parents and all the court time and fees that goes into trying extract money from people who didn't want to have a child could just go directly to actually feeding and clothing said child, but it's an unpopular view because it doesn't punish people enough.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It's an unpopular view because it doesn't hold the deadbeat parent responsible. Why let them off the hook?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Because chasing an irresponsible person down and forcing them to pay money they don’t have is a huge waste of everyone’s time

Yeah actions should have consequences but this dude probably wasn’t projecting “I will take care of you and da baby” when they were loving considering it HAD to be at his parents house, so expecting him to get his poo poo together once she got pregnant just seems short-sighted.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
bring back forced labor for deadbeats only

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ArbitraryC posted:

Feel like the obvious option there is just have the state support single parents and all the court time and fees that goes into trying extract money from people who didn't want to have a child could just go directly to actually feeding and clothing said child, but it's an unpopular view because it doesn't punish people enough.

Would that actually cover child rearing fees though, last I checked raising a child is kinda expensive.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Pffft this guy is such a loser I did the dishes today and heck, figured out how to make the bed all by myself.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

please be real please be real

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Renegret posted:

please be real please be real

Of course it's real. We already know he's a loser.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I hope the "loser" was whispered, like a voice on the wind....

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

GORDON posted:

I hope the "loser" was whispered, like a voice on the wind....

I'm imagining it more like Ace Ventura.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mega64 posted:

Would that actually cover child rearing fees though, last I checked raising a child is kinda expensive.

It would cover at least a chunk of it and I personally wouldn't mind splitting the difference in taxes, I've known several single moms who hate having to deal with their deadbeat exes just to get some extra money to help raise their kid so I think it'd be win/win for everyone who wasn't really bent on the whole consequences of sex angle.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
If we are going to have onerous child support requirements I think that both parents should have to consent to bringing the fetus to term.

Like if you planned the pregnancy or told the woman that you wanted her to keep the child you should absolutely pay child support but it is kind of hosed up that the woman gets to decide unilaterally if she is going to have a baby and if the father has to pay for it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Not giving women complete say over abortion is why you have garbage like rape victims forced to keep in contact with the rapist because a child needs his biological father, you see.

Also lol if you think child support payments are commonly some sort of cripplingly-high figure and not generally so low they're borderline insulting.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I mean the least the state could do is waive any medical bills for that child thats owed to the county, poo poo like that. I mean to be honest my sister would probably walk off and eat the loss and move on with her life if it werent for medical bills. Let the state take that fucker to court. Like even with money how would a single mother ever have time for that bullshit and the onus is always on them to claw that poo poo back.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Three Olives posted:

If we are going to have onerous child support requirements I think that both parents should have to consent to bringing the fetus to term.

Like if you planned the pregnancy or told the woman that you wanted her to keep the child you should absolutely pay child support but it is kind of hosed up that the woman gets to decide unilaterally if she is going to have a baby and if the father has to pay for it.

so ostensibly a guy could knowingly raw dog a drunk girl and then face zero consequences

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Ein cooler Typ posted:

this is why we need MRAs

there should be some way for men to opt out of child support. Like you give up all future rights to custody/visitation, and in return you don't have to pay child support

I had no idea my dad posted here.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Glenn Quebec posted:

Good job Goon did you even chew your own food too

If mother cut it up small enough, yes

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

so ostensibly a guy could knowingly raw dog a drunk girl and then face zero consequences

How drunk? Because if she was too drunk to consent the consequence is rape. If not failed to take plan b or the pill. If you get an STI you don’t get to go after the person that gave it too you unknowingly generally speaking.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Panfilo posted:

People that live with parents for extended periods of time tend to fall into two categories :

Goony goons like this guy that don't do poo poo around the house nor use the opportunity to do anything productive

People who actually contribute and /or make the most out of the opportunity. My wife and her sisters lived with their parents for quite some time but since everybody pulled their weight out was actually a net benefit. My stepbrothers lived with my mom and step-dad for several years after graduating college and used the opportunity to save up to buy houses in the bay area.

But these seem like the exception to what happens most of the time.

just lol if your not buying houses in the bay area if you live with you're parents

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

univbee posted:

Not giving women complete say over abortion is why you have garbage like rape victims forced to keep in contact with the rapist because a child needs his biological father, you see.

Also lol if you think child support payments are commonly some sort of cripplingly-high figure and not generally so low they're borderline insulting.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Three Olives posted:

How drunk? Because if she was too drunk to consent the consequence is rape. If not failed to take plan b or the pill. If you get an STI you don’t get to go after the person that gave it too you unknowingly generally speaking.

Are you suggesting impregnating someone is the same as unknowingly spreading an std

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you think about it having children is a lot like having herpes :colbert:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you think about it having children is a lot like having herpes :colbert:
edit: wasn't there some goon who killed his kid by putting them in the back of a hot car?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I don't know about other states, but child support is 17% of your gross income where I live. So this guy would probably have been paying 200 bucks a month.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean that sounds like rape so he should get arrested for that probably.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

So if the guy says "have an abortion" after he's finished inside the girl she has to either agree or go solo for the next 18 years?

Sounds like you're just mad there's one situation where women have real state-enforced gently caress-up-your-life power.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mel Mudkiper posted:

itt a gay man who famously hates children discusses his sane and rational considerations of a man's obligations toward fatherhood

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

DogonCrook posted:

I mean the least the state could do is waive any medical bills for that child thats owed to the county, poo poo like that.

Free healthcare? Yeah right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think this dumb thread has run its course

• Locked thread