Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9bV-nQVwb8

The modern world. One like but quite unlike our own. Every generation always said the next wasn’t as respectful. More sinful. Just worse than the last. Interestingly society, civilization, and yes technology progressed. They must have been wrong.  As interesting as that discussion is the varied theories on how the universe, world, and purpose of mankind came to be and the destiny of this most precious of creations is another.

THE FOUNDATION had formed centuries ago during the equivalent of the Great Crusades in this reality. Originally it collected the various lore and legends of other religions. At first to contain them from giving an alternative to the faith in a one true God and creator. This led over hundreds of years to containing religious, alien, supernatural, and man made artifacts, relics and technology. There weren't a great number of such objects but when they were discovered each was contained and those that knew about them silenced.

All to hide one sinister truth.

The Foundation called them: The Factions Yes. However the universe or world was created as a matter of fact was mutable. The more the population of the world knew of and or believed in a faction or belief would give that faction a foothold in reality. Then instead of a creation tale where mankind was created in the image of a benevolent creator, perhaps they would have been be created as slaves for fairy creatures. Creatures that very much wanted to return and claim their property! These beings would appear, minor ones and from there things would escalate until the situation could reach a tipping point...

The Foundation had stopped and suppressed more than a few minor incursions and only one extinction level event. This was at a laboratory where an AI singularity named Sky-InterNetworked.Net had been created that would have wiped out everything. Paving the way for machines to rule the world. The loss of personnel was significant and only a handful of agents were left in the foundation to man the facility maintaining containment of the other artifacts.

We can no longer keep containment. God help us. We are opening object#2317 in the hope it will eject the facility into the heart of a star.
We can only pray and hope that the world will remain safe in our absence and that the information packets reach the right people in government.

You:
Normal you. Maybe you were a social outcast, perhaps something happened to you or you were following your normal routine, whatever that might be, but sometime that day something happened that would change your lives and the world forever. Maybe an ancient God spoke to you, an alien race abducted you, or an experiment or your creation changed things.  Whatever the reason, you’re now an Agent of the Apocalypse. This is the story of your rise to power and deciding the fate of the world.

This will be at the beginning of your arc and power curve. So you may have been infected with the hulk-virus or received instructions from beyond the grave to start on your path but you’re not the world ender. Yet.

Game Premise
This will a game run in a very similar way to the Small Gods Games that have run before here in the forum, as there’s a lot of thematic crossover between that game type and high powered agents of the apocalypse.  So if you’ve read any of the many Smallgod games that have run on the forum you’ll have a good idea on generally how this will work. The expectation isn't whether to be good or evil but how you will bring about the end and its aftermath. Think Cabin in the Woods (Great movie), Hellboy, etc.

Generally speaking at the start of the game the PCs will be chosen either by circumstance or perhaps by another force’s hand. The world is not 100% prepared, but is capable of responding to the threat you represent.  The world will react to your actions and existence as it goes along.

The goal is to chart your character’s rise from the everyday to the extraordinary and how you accomplish the end goals of your character.

NOTE:  Because sometimes it will come up.  This is a game, just because you’ll be playing someone bringing on the apocalypse does not give you license to be an actual IRL creep.  I imagine there’ll be a bit of darkness, but let's not go crazy here. I reserve the absolute right to not pick you or even summarily boot you from the game if I think you’ve crossed the line.  Basically, don’t be an rear end in a top hat or write pages of torture and no super-extreme explicit stuff.

Now with that out of the way, onto the actual meat of the game itself.

The World
My plan is to use a world based on our own with the serial numbers filed off enough to avoid having to do tons of research on real places and having to deal with any sort of IP issues.  Same basic layout as our world, 5 continents spread in similar locations, there were 2 world wars and then a cold war, generally speaking people are dealing with the everyday problems of late capitalism, life is pretty much the same as it is now in the real world.  It’s just the Federated States instead of the US and they’re drinking Cola brand cola instead of Coke, I think you get the idea. Feel free to use this naming convention for your backstories and in-game, just check with me before you name anything hugely significant, also no puns.  For the sake of simplicity/my sanity I’m going to ask that you all start off somewhere in the Federated States.

Your Faction: What is a faction? This is not your ability. Though it should thematically fit. Just remember your faction is separate from you and your powers or the tools you use to accomplish the Apocalypse.

Example: You could be the servant of the elder gods. Your ability could be something Like Eldritch Mage [+2] using spells and rituals or Reanimator [+2] using science to raise the dead as a means to serve that Faction. Alternatively you could run a doomsday cult that through sheer conversion of people’s belief actually make Cthulhu the new Jesus and have things go downhill from there.

Example: Perhaps your faction is an idea or event. As a data-scientist you program a new AI singularity. You believe that humankind is a plague on the planet and so technology should rule the wastelands. You could have a unibomber cult group that terrorizes people into submission, manifestos and internet information wars along with dank memes to convince the populace of its rise. Your followers installing it and copies of it everywhere. Perhaps instead you technomancer this apocalypse by taking over manufactories building murder machines or influencing military technology, satellites etc.
Example: Aliens created humanity. Our overlords are returning. Your psychic connection blah blah.

Are you the antichrist? Faction: satan or fallen angels
A sentient blob made from being  experimented on? Faction: grey goo
Who or What do you serve? It can be an idea. You can be the servant, or actually be the engine of that apocalypse. Reborn God. Antichrist? Prophet? Science experiment gone wrong, recruited alien agent or hybrid.
Note: Players DO NOT know of other factions other than their own. (In the beginning)

Characters
Your character should consist of [+6] in what I’m calling Mundane Qualities, and  a single [+2] Apocalypse-Ability. Your qualities can be pretty much whatever you want them to be are you strong, handsome or pretty, have a degree in specialized field etc.  It can also represent social connections or material assets. In short it’s anything you might use to get things done be that money, skill, or connections. Obviously these should probably be in some way useful for your upcoming adventure into but I’m willing to grant a pretty wide latitude here. Also, these qualities will change over the course of the game as you and your situation changes, so don’t feel too stuck with what you start with.

Your Apocalypse-Ability can be nearly anything.  However, your powers will be crucial in defining your story and what sort of character you become so pick accordingly.  My advice would be to pick something you think you’ll be able to use, and that will have interesting story possibilities.  When in doubt, there’s always magic, science, supernatural, psychic powers, element based power, etc.. Also, do not pick a power/ability that will be difficult or impossible for me to resolve in a consistent manner (ex. Time Travel).  If you have doubts or questions come talk to me on Discord and I’d be happy to help you as much as I can.

Lastly, your character should have a two [-2] drawbacks.  This is some sort of inherent character flaw. It is important that this be something you would be able and willing to invoke as they’re critical for gaining bonus points (see below).  Feel free to have a drawback tied to your power, however it is not required. You should pick whatever you think will be most interesting and provide the best possibilities for cool stories.  

System

I’ll be using PDQ for this game.  It’s a pretty simple and rules light system. I’ll be doing all of the DC setting and rolling behind the curtain.

The only major change to vanilla PDQ will be with using drawbacks.  When you as a player or I as the GM invoke a character’s drawback, I will give you a bonus point.  BP can be spent to add +2 to a future roll. This means it's important to pick drawbacks you’ll be comfortable using.  Please note, you start with 0 BP and are capped at having a max of 3 BP at any given point in time.

---

App Format

What I want from you:

A name- I feel like this goes without saying.  However, of note please don’t pick a name that is exceptionally long or exceptionally hard to spell.  A rule of thumb, if I can’t read your character’s name out loud without a pronunciation dictionary it is not a workable name.

A Picture - While not strictly required, your application will be at a distinct disadvantage without one.

Origin Story - Tell me about your character, what’s your story?  This is where you lay out your character’s history, tell me who they are and what they want.  Generally speaking, your qualities should be reflected in your background so if you're an master craftsman this is where you lay out why you have those particular skills.  This is also a great place to establish your character’s characters motivations and connection to the faction that picked them or you & your circumstances picked. [Note: do not call it a faction IC, if its Space Elves just say the space elves picked you.] Players DO NOT know of other factions other than their own. (In the beginning)

Your faction: An alien embedded in your chest? On the side of Angel's or demons? Does your voodoo god claim you? Science gone awry? Who or what are you working for / towards. Describe them/it. If you’re a Knight of the Unseelie court give us some background details on the beings or cause you serve.

Mundane Qualities -  What’re you good at, what sets you apart?  Feel free to spread out your [+6] any way you want. Anything your traditional fantasy hero could do can be used as a mortal quality.  Do you have a silver tongue, know your way around a gun, can you sneak with the best of them? All of these are potential qualities, ways to define who your character is and what they can do.  My only real ban here, beyond apocalypse-ability/power attributes, is no starting qualities that denote major fame or influence. So being a mid-level manager is fine, being a movie star is not.

Apocalypse-Ability - These powers really are beyond normal, enough to set you above and apart from your fellow man, a skill that will bring about the end of the world.  Despite a potential difference in ranks an Apocalypse-Ability will always be more potent than a Mundane Quality, and not by a little. Someone with bodybuilder[+6] may be able to reach the limits of normal human strength, but someone with Demonic-Strength[+2] will always and everywhere overpower them in terms of pure strength.  Even the world’s strongest man can’t lift a 60 ton tank after all.

Drawbacks - What is your character’s biggest flaw, either personality-wise or physically.  Make it something you would be comfortable invoking, and know that I reserve the right to invoke it for you when I feel it's appropriate.  Also, this can change over the course of the game as your character changes, so don’t feel stuck with this. Feel free to make one of your drawbacks related to your power somehow, though note it is not required.

What will your ideal apocalypse scenario be and the ultimate fate of the people of this world?

What do you want out of the game? -  Give me an idea of what sort of gameplay experience you're looking for.  What do you want your character to accomplish, what sort of things do you enjoy?

If you have any questions or need advice on Qualities or Drawbacks, feel free to ask me about them.

Other Business
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via PMs.  You can also often find me in #ohgod on discord.  I’m happy to help with questions about the game or your character.

I am looking for 6ish players.  Deadline for apps will be one week from my posting .  I’ll try and have picks up by the following day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Shiva Das

Transformed

Ordinary:

Faction: Terminators of The Kali Yuga, Knowers of Ultimate Reality
In the Cosmic Cycle of the Mahayuga, mortal societies pass through four ages. In the first age, Satya Yuga, humankind is governed by divine beings, spirits, and demons, and humans freely transcend their limits and ascend to godhood if they possess the necessary focus and character, and all sentient beings recognize their nature as part of the overarching Brahma. In the next age, the Treta Yuga, the truly cosmic and divine beings mostly recede, but magic and demons still exist in the world, and occasionally great heroes or avatars of the cosmic forces emerge. In the Dvapara Yuga, magic and demons fade away and mankind governs itself, mostly peacefully, based on passion and community. In the final age, the Kali Yuga, mankind's voracious appetites for control over each other and natural resources and its impulses to force a rationalistic understanding of the world provoke a great degradation, where senseless violence rocks the world, families collapse, poverty and inequality is widespread, and the gods and morality are completely forgotten.

Until the end. For when the Kali Yuga reaches its bottommost point, when disgusting demons walk the Earth and mankind follows teachers of false knowledge, the true Gods who once ruled the Universe will return, whether born into humans or the landscape or awakening from strange million-year dreams in other dimensions, and all these incarnations of the Supreme Divine, the Ultimate Reality, will arise together as an army and destroy all demons, all sins, and displace all the weak, mortal authorities of this wicked age.

The Harbingers of the Kali Yuga seek to unify the servants, avatars, and manifestations of these divine beings, to rouse and wake the remaining gods, to facilitate this apocalypse and return to the beginning of the cycle - the fragilities of mortal science will be laid bare and a return to divine rule and the absolute power of the soul and spiritual to remake reality will return. Shiva Das is significant because he holds the potential of one of the three most important Gods, and the one with the most immediate mission, but the potential could be held in many beings, and he will only attain a true leadership role of the great spiritual and demonic forces when he amasses enough power and mastery to fully emerge as a divine being. Until then, he is just one manifestation of the great cosmic forces being awakened across this world, across the universe, and in strange realities we cannot understand by the wickedness and degeneracy of our era.

Qualities

Computer Expert +2
Shiva Das has a strong expertise in computer programming and software engineering, with a graduate-level education and years of work experience. He can manipulate computer systems to his advantage and create, design, or use software tools to assist in his undertakings.

Yogic Arts +2
Mindfulness is all the rage in the tech industry these days, so practicing traditional yogic martial arts and meditation isn't too weird on the west coast. This helps maintain focus and concentration, act in the face of pain or distraction, some unarmed or traditional weapon martial arts, and knowing some of the philosophy and history of the spirituality he is coming to embody.

Charisma +2
Over the course of his career, Shiva Das has moved into a hybrid engineering-PR role and has cultivated some charisma, used to cultivate persona and influence people both face to face and through the social networking platform's he's worked on professionally.

Apocalypse Ability: Advaita Vedanta, Brahmic Magic

The ultimate underlying reality is covered up by encrusted and accrued mundanity. When someone with a well-cultivated and powerful soul examines it correctly, mundanity fades away. This allows Shiva to transform himself into an avatar of his namesake, and also allows the transmutation or alteration of other things and people, but it's not an arbitrary polymorph - the transformation has to be in line with the object's underlying reality. So an ancient artifact stolen from a museum could transform into a powerful magic weapon, or a fat guy who is an rear end in a top hat could transform into an ogre demon, but ancient pottery would be more likely to turn into some magic food-providing vessel, and a nice fat guy would transform into more of a Buddha or Ganesha type dude with mentoring or healing type powers.

Drawbacks

-2 Unleashed

The transformation power does always activate when Shiva Das wants to use it, but it can sometimes activate of its own accord, as Shiva randomly realizes the true nature of something before his eyes and it transforms. Maybe a subway train accidentally becomes a bio-metal demon serpent from the underground, maybe your random coworker awakens to their spiritual nature with some powers, who knows.

-2 Federal Intelligence
Intelligence Agencies in the Federated States build backdoors into social media platforms and closely monitor mid-level professionals associated with them to ensure they aren't being turned by foreign intelligence services because of their access to a vast array of personal information on citizens and even compromising information on major figures. This means the government is likely watching Mr. Das more than you would ordinarily expect - it's not 24/7 gangstalking but more of a passive continuous monitoring that is more likely to pick up unusual events or disturbances. If things escalate to a certain point, he may have to make a deal.

Ideal Apocalypse: The End of The Modern Age,The Return of Spiritual And Divine Rule

First the essence of Shiva must manifest, destroying what is to be destroyed, wickedness, evil, poverty, mortal governments, the mere pretensions of mortal science, and the many dark demons lurking in the shadows, whether the products of true spriitual demons or merely mortal science and hubris. Then, once the world is purified, Vishnu the Preserver will preserve what is worthy from this reality in one of his infinite paradise dimensions. Finally, Brahma will collapse this universe into a singularity, rebirthing it into a divine realm where Gods rule and any human can ascend to divinity through mastering their spiritual and mental nature.

What you want out of the game: CREATING COOL SOCIETIES AND CREATURES, HARDCORE PVP, NOT TALKING TO LOSER VILLAGERS AND SHOPKEEPERS FOR 3 PAGES IF ANYONE DOES THAT I WANT TO GANK THEM WITH DEMONS

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 2, 2018

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Name:
Lottie (Loretta Morningstar)

Origin Story:
Once upon a time there was a pretty little princess called Lottie. She lived in a town called Millhaven... Okay the name of the town is unimportant, what is important is that she was wonderful and good and everybody loved her. She was pretty and didn't do any of the horrid things she was accused of. Anyway after she was institutionalised chose to leave town she stayed in a magical castle and took brightly colored pills for a while. Then she went to live with a new family. She had a new Mommy and a new Daddy and even a new kitty called Mittens!.

Every Sunday they would get dressed up go to a big building and pray to a man who had some very strange piercings. One day the serious man who did all the talking at that building took her into a little room in the basement and told her that she was special (which she already knew of course). He told her that she was the chosen one and had a destiny to do lots of boring things and go into politics. Lottie didn't like that, it sounded boring. Now she lives with some new people who are much more fun and still have all their fingers.

Your Faction:
Concord of the Holy Evangelical Institutions (Federated States) or CHEIFS
The end of days were nigh, or at least they were supposed to be. When the end of days failed to occur on the foretold day the heads of several Evangelical organisations got together to work out what exactly had gone wrong with their rapture calculations. It turns out that in order for the apocalypse to take place a series of events need to occur in a specific order. As no Antichrist had risen, it was now their solemn duty to discover him and assist in his rise to power or else they probably weren't going to get a rapture level event and donations would dry up.

When they eventually tracked down the Spawn of the Serpent they discovered several issues. Firstly, she was not male, after a great deal of deliberation (and a fruitless search for a male child of the deceiver) it was accepted that as she bore the signs she must indeed be the prophesised one. Secondly she was a child, which messed with the timetable. Finally she had no intention to be the great unifier, no intention of placing herself above god or even opposing him with any particular zeal. All in all she wasn't an ideal candidate.

She was however, the only option they had available. So after pulling the appropriate strings they had her released from the asylum and put into the custody of Julie and Thomas. They had selected the devout couple after an extensive vetting process, Thomas was from old money and Julie was a successful Lawyer with political ambition. CHEIFS were sure that this devout couple would raise Lottie to be a natural leader. After heavy sedation and prolonged interrogation with Julie, the sole survivor of what was now being called "The Incident" Lottie has been moved to a new state with two highly paid mercenaries to pose as her parents and tutor her.

Mundane Qualities:
+4 Innocent I see this as a mix of charisma, confidence scam and appearance. Lottie could be standing next to a burning building holding a can of petrol and a box of matches yet appear above reproach.
+2 Tutors CHEIFS have a vested interest in Lottie, they are paying tutors to teach her about anything she wants to know, along with tentatively introducing her to many things she doesn't find at all interesting.

Apocalypse-Ability:
+2 Hellion Assuming all goes well Lottie will grow into the full powers of an Antichrist. Right now she is able to draw on a tiny subset of the powers of her sire. I can narrow this down or change it as needed, what I'm aiming for right now is loosely a +2 magical domain that is limited to powers associated with the Devil

Drawbacks
-2 Teenager
While technically she is the Spawn of Satan, chosen to unite the tribes of mankind under her banner and fight against the righteous during the end times, practically she is a 15 year old girl and her priorities that reflect this. On top of which, she is still legally a child, she can't drive a car, buy a beer or stab a homeless man without drawing attention to herself.

-2 Explosive Temper
If things are going her way, Lottie is to all appearances a little angel. If they don't go her way she can get moody. She has been known to quite literally throw fiery tantrums. Losing control of her temper can cause her to damage the veil between realms, making it hellish for anyone and everyone around her.

What will your ideal apocalypse scenario be and the ultimate fate of the people of this world?
CHEIFS wish to bring about the salvation of mankind through the Rapture. By mankind they mean their followers, they aren't that interested in the fate of the rest of the world. According to their playbook this requires Lottie to rise up to a position of power and set herself in opposition to the lord. OOC I suspect they are wrong about a lot of things.

Lottie due to her flaw (-2 Teenager) isn't particularly motivated by their plans but will go along with them for the moment because the promise of power and fame will lead to more followers on social media. I think her goals will be influenced by her evolution as a character. At this stage she has been told she is the chosen one, has rejected it and is busy playing the lost little waif card to the outside world.

What do you want out of the game?
I want to have fun. Ideally I will bring about Judgment Day through apathy and misuse of power rather than malicious intent. I like the idea that while she may not be the antichrist her Faction wants, she is absolutely the one they deserve. If there is going to be in game conflict I would rather it arose from the wrong snapchat filter than a clash of belief systems.

Content to Hover fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 1, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Interest post. Got an idea percolating.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Akua

Backstory: He woke up immersed in a tank of liquid, monitors attached all over his body. Through the glass he could see men in uniforms leaning over consoles, studying readouts. He tried to remember how he had gotten here and got… nothing. He couldn’t remember a single thing from before this moment. He supposed he should be panicking, but he was unnaturally calm, and it was not like he could struggle anyways. His entire body felt sluggish and moving more than a few twitches was all but impossible. He managed to look down seeing himself for the first time since waking up. He was different than the people outside the tank, he looked different, felt different. His skin was white and grey, hints of red. He didn’t know how he knew what those colors were, he just did, it would appear his past was gone, but he still had knowledge.

He observed them for a time, from their movements, their expressions, their body language he was able to piece together who was in charge fairly quickly. There was a celebratory note in their mood, as through they had just succeeded at a long sought goal. The commander was an older man, whatever this was, it was clearly his project from the way he moved around the room checking every readout. He eventually came over to stare at the tank, at the fruit of his years of research and labor and noticed that his creation was looking back at him.

Later, he was decanted from the tank, and the staff of the project asked him questions. When he asked what his name was, he was told his designation was AC-001A. He was the result of a secret super-soldier program run by the Federated Military. When asked whether he was grown here or had once been like them, they refused to answer. As they studied him, he studied them. Playing with their heads quietly pushing and pulling and getting them to reveal more information than they had intended. Apparently, the program was designed to produce soldiers with superior strength, speed, endurance, and judgement. All made possible due to the groundbreaking work of Dr. Tysam. The Doctor’s research had lead to the development of means of creating synthetic stem cells which could be produced and altered to exacting specifications, cells which had made AC-001A what he was now. He was a proof of concept, the result of millions upon millions of dollars of research, a subject to study, test, and likely eventually dissect.

What they had not realized was that their synthetic stem cells had done more than change his body. He had absorbed them and in doing so changed some of the cells while they had changed him. Now unbeknownst to them, his body produced a similar but distinct type of cell, one that he could shape to his will. As he learned more about himself, and more about the staff of the lab, AC-001A came to a realization. The lab and their military backers had intended to create a superior soldier, but in truth what they had created was a superior being, because the more he studied his erstwhile creators, the more he realized he was superior. Leaving him with no memories had been a strategic error, no doubt they thought it would leave him pliable, but instead it left him clear headed, and with no reason to feel loyalty to anyone or anything other than himself. The humans had in their foolishness brought about the destruction of their own civilization as it now existed and they didn’t even realize it yet. He would turn their designation into his own name, where they had created him as AC-001A, he would be known as Akua, and he would remake the world as he saw fit. Already as they continued to study him, he began to secretly plan his ascent.

Your faction:
Phyrexia Style Propagation - Akua’s faction is himself, a military super-soldier experiment gone out of control. The experiments have made him into something more than human, and he has fully bought into the idea that he is a superior being. So it is only natural, in his mind, that he would subjugate the lesser life-forms that inhabit the world, and use his power to reshape all life upon it in his image and too his own ends.

Mundane Qualities
Improved Body[+2] - While the drugs and the experiments had other effects, they also helped get Akua into top shape. His strength and endurance are closer to an olympic athlete’s than your average grunt. The military got its money’s worth on that aspect of the super-soldier experiments at least.

Ruthless Manipulator[+4] - Akua doesn't know if it's inborn or the result of the experiments, but he has an intuitive grasp of how people work. He can size up someone and quickly ferret what makes them tick and what levers he needs to pull to get them to do what he wants using whatever tools necessary.

Apocalypse-Ability
Flesh[+2] - The experiments caused a significant change in Akua’s body. He now produces a constant flow of programmable stem cells that he can deploy internally or expel either as an aerosol or a more concentrated liquid. Once inside the body of the target they can transform into any kind of cells such as eye, heart, muscle, brain, or even cancerous cells. This allows Akua to alter his targets body, or with enough of his cells in the target even grow all new organs in their bodies. This transformation of his body comes with an intuitive understanding of its use. Akua may lack formal training in biology, but he can use his cells to upgrade a person's heart or alter their brain even if wouldn't be able to adequately explain the details of what he's done. Of course, the fact that the cells are produced within his body is a double edged sword. On the one hand, it means they’re always at hand; on the other, like any other natural process there’s only so much that his body can be make at once, and draining him dry will tend to have negative health consequences, like sucking out too much of someone’s blood. By the same token, if his body is run down, starved of nutrition, or otherwise not functioning correctly, his ability to produce the cells is greatly diminished, just like how malnutrition can cause anemia. In addition, the more complex or larger the change, the more cells that will be required. Creating a small clot might take only a small dose, but transforming an ordinary man into a giant muscle brute would require huge quantities, quantities that Akua would need to produce.

Drawbacks
Inhuman[-2] - If Akua was human once, he certainly isn’t anymore. The military’s super-soldier experiments left him changed to an extent where he can no longer even pass an ordinary human. Wandering out in the open is likely to have the police called or worse, as people freak out at seeing a monster walk among them.

Hubris[-2] - Akua might not know too much about who or what he is, but he knows he is superior to mere humans who created and now study him. They made him to be more than human, and he is. Combined with the fact that he lacks the experience to know better, Akua can be prone to act rashly and underestimate his opponents.

Akua intends to grow in power, gaining the ability to produce more and more of his cells and having them become increasingly potent, until he can spread them all over the world in such quantities to allow him to reshape all life on earth to suit his desires, a kingdom of the flesh where all things exist as he wills them to be. As for its people, they will be remade. Loyal followers will be given awe-inspiring forms befitting the favored servants of the living god Akua, the rest will be reshaped to better fulfill their roles in his new empire, and once the earth has been brought to heel he will turn his grasp heavenward with great fleshy ships carrying his dominion to every corner of the universe.

What do you want out of the game? - To take over and remake the world. Gathering minions, starting a cult, generally be an evil mastermind.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 1, 2018

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: First round of feedbacks! :siren:

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Feedback? Finish it! The faction looks pretty cosmic, which is cool. I can't wait to see how its developed.

Content to Hover posted:

Name:Lottie (Loretta Morningstar)
Origin Story: - Good
Your Faction: - Discussed in IRC

Mundane Qualities:
+4 Innocent - Works
+2 Tutors - Works

Apocalypse-Ability:
+2 Hellion: - Works
Drawbacks
-2 Teenager: - The Changes look good
-2 Explosive Temper: - The Changes look good

Valhawk posted:

Akua
Backstory: Good
Your faction:
Phyrexia Style Propagation - This is a great illustration of a faction if its custom/manmade. It gives me an idea of what this faction is going to be about and its threat. It's not pre-established like say Loki, Horus, or Set- but gives me a clear idea.

Mundane Qualities
Improved Body[+2] - Good
Ruthless Manipulator[+4] - Good

Apocalypse-Ability
Flesh[+2] - As long as you're mostly making monsters and not perfect mind control this is fine. I know it will have some but I'm seeing it more as a hostile body takeover which is a good thing.
Drawbacks
Inhuman[-2] - Good
Hubris[-2] - Good

Thanks to those that submitted, if any edits are made make sure to post if you have so I can be reminded to go back and look.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Updated, still working on the big personal bio but all the other stuff is there.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Feedback for you milton:

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Shiva Das
Faction: Terminators of The Kali Yuga, Knowers of Ultimate Reality - This is perfect. You get exactly what a faction should be.

Qualities
Computer Expert +2 - good!
Yogic Arts +2 - good!
Charisma +2 - good!

Apocalypse Ability: Advaita Vedanta, Brahmic Magic - good!

Drawbacks
-2 Unleashed - good!
-2 Federal Intelligence - good!

This is as close to a perfect app as one can get.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Making a dude. Hopefully done by tonight.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Sante Alberighi

Faction: The Storytellers

A good story is the most important thing in the world. This is the creed of the Storytellers, a group of divinities older than this world and many others. Led by the mercurial Painter, he whose canvas is made of the dreams of mortals, and the gentle Writer, she who is mother of all stories, they have made countless works of art and breathtaking narratives over the eons. This world is one of them, and like all stories, it needs a proper ending, so they picked up a suitable brush, dipped him in ink, and set to work.

Backstory:

Born to a moderately wealthy family, Sante has always been free to follow his desires, and a love for art from an early age led him to a reasonably successful career as a painter. If you were to ask him, though, he'd tell you that his best work isn't any of the paintings he sold, but a little-known, self-published series of books that he authored under the nom de plume of Capitan Alagrigia. These works, illustrated with dreamlike watercolor images, tell rambunctious vicissitudes of pirates intermingled with hazy stories of a family of bird-gods, the words streaming with the pictures to form a tale with the consistency of an half-remembered dream. Needless to say, not many liked them, with a significant exception: The Painter loved Sante's stories, and so, when it was the time to write the world's last chapter, he appeared to him in a dream, a great black bird with a throat redder than fire and blood, and anointed him with ink. Baptized by the Storytellers, Sante awakened with a new purpose.

Mundane Qualities:

Artist +4: Sante is an accomplished painter, good with brush and pen in a variety of styles. He is also skilled with other kinds of visual arts, and a technically passable sculptor.
Conversationalist +2: Sante is good at holding the attention of whoever he's speaking to, and at all the little things that help make sure that a conversation at a gallery ends with a sale. He can apply those skills to try to convince people of his point.

Apocalypse Ability: Baptized with Ink

Sante's hands are permanently stained with otherwordly colors. He can now use them as a pallet for wondrous effects: as an example the color of fire is always hot, burning where it's applied, while the color of wind can move and lift up. The size of the effects is minor for now, and Sante prefers to channel his power to animate his drawings. He mostly makes birds, to fly around and gather information. He can also manipulate pigments, changing their color or siphoning them away.

Drawbacks:
Perfectionist: Sante is never satisfied with his work, and is prone to trashing everything and starting from scratch if even a small detail is out of place.
Erratic: Sante follows his vision to the letter. Unfortunately, his vision is also the vision of a god of dreams, so it's unpredictable and often senseless. He doesn't plan, preferring to work in a stream of consciousness.

A good ending, one worthy of being immortalized in the Writer's library. Something with a great downfall, hopes dashed, maybe a great triumph. Right now, Sante is thinking of a great conflict, resolved one way or the other by the actions of individuals. You need someone the reader can identify with, you know?

A good story, and maybe something that will end up surprising everyone. Hard to plan for that, though.

LupusAter fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 4, 2018

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Feedback incoming. :siren:

LupusAter posted:

Faction: The Storytellers - Interesting and creative. I like it.

Backstory: - Good

Mundane Qualities:
Artist +4: - This is interesting. It wont always be useable but the game will change certain things as it goes along so good.
Conversationalist +2: - Good

Apocalypse Ability: Baptized with Ink- Good

Drawbacks:
Perfectionist: - Good
Erratic: - Good

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Name: Taver Einklassen
<Picture to come>

In the early years of the 14th century, a French king fearful or his power and wealth cast false accusations against the Knights Templar; warriors of the church previously held in high regard. He had his spies fabricate conspiracies involving demon worship, and inquisitors used torture and blackmail to force out false confessions. Supposedly they had been in service to a demon named Baphomet, who was the sole cause for their might and their status. Those knights still yet free expected the Holy See to step in and defend their honour and their virtue. Yet they were mistaken. Those lucky enough to not be caught in the power struggle were forced into other orders, with an unspoken mark on their honour. Yet so many were executed or broken horribly.

One knight whose name has been forgotten to the passage of time could not stand for this. He saw how far the church and the nobility had fallen, and his heart turned black. He hunted down one of the spies, a man who knew at least a little of the demon and his rituals. The knight committed an unspeakable sin, and with a sacrifice the covenant was complete. When he died he would return to enact vengeance on the church and those responsible for the suffering of his fellows.

Taver was born 666 years later, to an otherwise remarkable family. He had a troubled childhood until his 13th birthday, when something awoke in him. Everyone has a voice in their head, usually their own, and while Taver's mental voice was his own, it also knew things that a child should not, and could not know. Swiftly and brutally Taver ended his troubles with bullying, shocking both himself and his parents. Everyone assumed it was just a shock from the awful bullying, especially as Taver ignored that voice for a while. As he grew older he began to listen to it more, and slowly over time he changed. He left school early and joined the marines as soon as he could. He honed his body and learned how to kill until he was done, after which he left to find out more martial arts and disciplines to train himself in. All the while he was driven by a strange dream, in which those he cared about were betrayed and tortured by the church.

On his 26th birthday Taver awoke to the second 'gift' from the bargain his previous self had made. He found he had the ability to step from one shadow to another, passing by physical obstacles as though they were not there. He could shape darkness into various forms and give it basic commands, or use it as an improvised weapon if he needed to. Taver's memories became clear, and his heart hardened and blackened as it had so long ago. Now he has sworn to enact the vengeance he could not centuries ago.

Faction: The Lords of Chaos;
AKA the Legions of Hell, Bringers of Destruction, Demons, etc.

There are as many different names for them as there are different cultures, but we shall use demons for convenience. They are the personification of the means that men use to justify their actions, or the suffering forced onto them by themselves or others. Because of this demons are sustained by the dark aspects of people and thrive in chaos, but they will die off if people die off as well. The hierarchy is fluid and complex dynamically changing over times as people's perceptions and ideas of them change. Common through this however is the notion that the strong or cunning rise to the top to dominate the others. As such when interacting with mortals, all of the actions and plans are towards this end. Demons initially are born of one strong emotion or event, usually which can be tied to what Christianity calls sins. They can gain more aspects by interacting off of mortals and feeding off of their experiences, and those of the people around them, in the process becoming more powerful and more complicated beings. Base demons tend to be monomaniac around their nature, further narrowing the selection of that can advance. Baphomet is a demon that has the aspects of wrath, envy and pride, although when he first interacted with Taver's preincarnation he was not very old. At that time he had only aspected pride and was trying to grow by experiencing the knight's fury and obsession with vengeance.

Qualities:
Living Weapon [+2] - Taver has studied the art of killing people and trained his body.
Lifetime of Knowledge [+2] - While much of his past life's cultural knowledge might not be relevant, he still knows practical things like reading people, the various survival techniques of warriors constantly marching, and general life lessons that Taver can call on
Intimidating [+2] - As a tall and powerfully built man, Taver is inherently physically intimidating. However when he wants to, he can project an aura that would intimidate most people.

Apocalypse Ability: Shadow Control [+2]
"Darkness, obey my command!"
As part of his pact with Baphomet, Taver can manipulate shadows. This manifests primarily in two ways, firstly the ability to step between two shadows or points of darkness that he can see or knows of, and secondly the ability to shape and control shadow constructs. He has found this useful to create shadow clones of himself, or shadow animals. Although they can follow simple orders, they are not yet aware or clever enough to act on their own or to do follow on complicated instructions or plans. They also are dispelled if they step into a sanctified or holy place.

Drawbacks:

Soul Scarred [-2] - Although Taver does have a soul because of his reincarnation, it is damaged and partly corrupted by his past and his acceptance of it. While you could not exorcise him, Taver feels uncomfortable in holy or sanctified places, and rituals or spells that ward against evil may prove effective against him.
Wroth [-2] - Taver is focused on revenge, and the anger and hate that drives it. It is easy for him to be consumed by that passion, or for other things to fuel his wrath and lead him to act without planning ahead properly.

I want Taver's obsessions with revenge for his past life to spiral out of control. My inspiration for him is based off of Gannondorf, so ultimately I want his connection to Baphomet to corrupt him. Maybe he ends up transforming into a demon himself, or simply gains a terrifying avatar of destruction in the end game. The vision at the end and the ultimate fate would be a world of strife and conflict. The strong dominate the weak and many of the bonds of society break down, while law and order collapses. A little like the end game of the Chaos alignment in Shin Megami Tensei games normally, except not necessarily with demons roaming the world freely. Those that he has gathered to his side (or cult) along the way would end up become his chosen lieutenants or priests.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 7, 2018

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Name: Francis Egerton

Francis was a con man in style of many evangelists. He had started his con artist careers with easy make it rich products, selling them to fools in a pyramid scheme. It wasn't completely immoral for him because hey, they're making money with eversale! In fact they should be thanking him for the opportunity! The life of quick money is a hard one and after numerous failed schemes and a small string of prison time, Francis decided to take up a much more passive and laidback scheme. He founded a hipster "cult" in a major city, touting the healing powers of crystals and named it the Blooming Heart. This went strongly for awhile, attracting young people and old hippies.

After several police investigations, press investigations, and an internal scandal, his following was severely diminished. Still he pressed on, managing to get a tax exempt status from the state after a series of bribes and large parties with the right people. A soup kitchen funded on donations and a local tv channel slot managed to bring back a revival. Until he was caught sleeping with several of the newer initiates and the old scandals happened all over again. This time he moved the cult out of the city and the spotlight, buying a large acre farm on the outskirts and building a compound.

Now in his 60s, he was starting to severely show his age. Only the most devout and zealous followers remained, with a sporadic influx of new recruits who sometimes stayed but mostly left. One night there was...something? Something changed and Francis had a dream. It was hard to hold onto, fragments of visions of power and the future. He saw...a cave. An old cave on the property. Francis awoke loudly and had his followers dig under the foundation of the compound. They stopped when the sound of the shovels striking earth changed into the clang of metal, revealing a hatch! Remembering the scattered fragments of the vision, Francis sent his followers away and descended alone. What he endured down there, what he saw, changed him. The crystals showed him that the world had lost its balance and would swiftly slide into destruction. A path was left open, should he choose to take it, a brutal and dark future but one where he lived and some semblance of life existed. He ascended from the cave with the crystal plates, which showed how through the power of Dygra, the crystal god, he and his followers might harness the true powers of the crystals and unlock their chakras. Yes, some would fail and fall. Most would. But those worthy ones who remained would live on in a glorious utopia...with Francis at its head.

Francis came out of the cave changed. Looking like an early man in his 40's, with just a touch of white to pepper his hair, he extrudes vitality. A necklace of gems, all different kinds, with different uses if you ask him. That one is for healing, that one for encouraging growth, that one to shape flesh and that one to sunder it...

Faction: The Crystal Ascension

The world is ending. The balance that once kept things in line is gone. Ancients beings stir, powers awaken, and the darkest corners of mankind's imagination come to life to haunt them. Dygra, Elder God of Crystal is largely indifferent to this but has laid out a path to salvation...for those worthy. Using the power of crystals and following the instructions in the crystal plate one might unlock their chakras and new power. Its a hard mountain to ascend, with fewer and fewer being able to get past each chakra. Most will just unlock the first but the elite will stand on the mountain top. Those that fail are unable to withstand the power going through them and turn into crystal spawn, transforming into crystal creatures, some human and some not. These spawn are useful for components but are mostly ignored and shoved away from the ascended. They can't approach the harmony of the worthy unless allowed but will gather as close as they can. As the spawn increase in density, reality warps and becomes more disruptive.

To then save those norma

Mundane Qualities:

Duke of Bridgewater [+4]
A professional and life long con man, Francis has had decades of experience in manipulating people. The fact that after all the scandals and bad press he has still been able to hold onto a core of loyal followers is a testament to that. This goes than just that though, hes also skilled in finance and money laundering. Hidden investments and shady deals have kept the cults coffers flowing despite the numerous investigations and attempts by the IRS to collect.

What Doesn't Kill You...[+2]
You name the drug, Francis has done it. Years of substance abuse, yoga, and 'feats of crystal power' have harrowed his body but left him still standing. After being revitalized into a much younger form, Francis finds himself with a large degree of strength and toughness of constitution. He plans to make the most of it.

Apocalypse-Ability:

The Crystal Plates [+2]
Deep in the caves under the cults compound, Francis was guided to a set of crystal plates by dream fragments. Here he read about the coming end and of Dygra, the Elder God of Crystal. Horrified but unable to stop reading, it went to describe a path of ascension that would allow the select to escape the worlds grim fate by bringing it about on their terms. It showed him how to actually harness the power of the crystals by channeling Dygra's power to unlock his chakras and perform what could only be described as magic.

Drawbacks:

Like the Cult? [-2]
Francis and the Blooming Heart have a...colored history to say the least. Multiple investigations, numerous scandals, and more out of court settlements than you can shake a crystal at. It'll take work to get past the infamous reputation Francis has gathered over the past decades.

The Flesh is Weak... [-2]
Vices and virtues...Francis mostly has vices. Pretty women, spending cult funds on nice cars and parties. Even after his...change he wishes to indulge in earthly desires

Quornes fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 6, 2018

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Feedback on the finished app(s):;

HiKaizer posted:

Name: Taver Einklassen
<Picture to come> - Get it~

Background: - Good

Faction: The Lords of Chaos;
AKA the Legions of Hell, Bringers of Destruction, Demons, etc. - Nioce!

Qualities:
Living Weapon [+2] - Good
Lifetime of Knowledge [+2] - Good
Intimidating [+2] - Good

Apocalypse Ability: Shadow Control [+2 - Good

Drawbacks:
Soul Scarred [-2] - Good
Wroth [-2] - Good

:siren: Apps close in about 11 hours. If you submit after that during picks it should blow everything away. :siren:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Aranyani Doosara

Transformed

Ordinary: (Lalita Om)

Same as Shiva Das

Qualities

Middle Manager +4
Before her awakening Lalita Om was a mid-level manager for MGM Gambling which owns [url=https://vegasclick.com/casinos/ownership]10 of the strip hotel/casinos. She was responsible for wrangling and co-ordinating the magicians and other entertainers across all their Las Vegas properties. Answering not only to seemingly endless layers of corporate suits above her but also the notoriously prissy entertainers for nothing more important than making money was soul crushing; but did give her lots of experience with convincing others to see things her way.

Animal Friend +2
Lalita Om has always loved animals of all sorts, and they seem to reciprocate. She has an easier time training animals, especially cats and dogs, than most people. Both of her Siamese cats are toilet trained and more than once dogs she has never met before have dragged their owners towards Lalita when on a walk to beg her for pets.

Apocalypse Ability: First and Final Forest

Aranyani is the Forest Queen; sweet-scented; redolent of balm; the Mother of all sylvan things. She who tills not but hath stores of food. I expect to mostly be using this to turn deserts into lush fertile areas full of fruit trees to gain followers and then creating elephants as tall as skyscrapers to step on anyone who objects to Las Vegas being in the middle of a forest.

Drawbacks

120pounds soaking wet -2
Lalita Om is a small woman with slender bones. Not only that, but at 4'8" tall she only comes up to most people's chest. She is beautiful, but no one has ever thought she was physically intimidating.

Loves animals more than people -2
Since her transformation, Aranyani becomes enraged when she sees animals being mistreated by their owners. Instinctively triggering her power to flow into the mistreated animal and urging it to take revenge causing chaos and bloodshed.

Ideal Apocalypse: The End of The Modern Age,The Return of Spiritual And Divine Rule

To replace the wretched materialism of the modern world with an endless forest. A forest that nurtures the mind and soul. A forest that feeds the body. An endless forest full of talking animals who will eat you if they're hungry or you're too slow to outrun them or too unenlightened to convince them otherwise.

What you want out of the game: creating woods deep and dark and mysterious. Ending the world.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 6, 2018

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Feedback. My comments are how I view the abilities etc. If I'm wrong let me know?

LLSix posted:

Aranyani Doosara

Same as Shiva Das - Good

Qualities
Middle Manager +4
Dealmaking. Everyday Problem solving. Getting things done administratively or finding people can.
Animal Friend +2
- Good with horses. Good with dogs. Like I know how some animals get along better with people. This seems very limited as a mortal skill. But if you're good with it...

Apocalypse Ability: First and Final Forest
- Terraforming lands into a supernatural ideal wildland. Man into man ape. Etc.

Drawbacks
120pounds soaking wet -2
Lalita Om is a small woman with slender bones. - Unimposing and physically weak is my understanding?

Loves animals more than people -2 - I'd expect you to treat humans as sub human and animals elevated as better. When invoked.

Ideal Apocalypse: [b]-good

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Feedback and my understanding of the app.

Quornes posted:

Name: Francis Egerton

Background: - Good

Faction: The Crystal Ascension
- Good

Mundane Qualities:
Duke of Bridgewater [+4]
- Good

What Doesn't Kill You...[+2]
Mortal strength and constitution. But Olympic athlete is the limit.

Apocalypse-Ability:
The Crystal Plates [+2]
- Magic. Ok. Good

Drawbacks:
Like the Cult? [-2]
This kind of is like fame or infamy. I'll allow it in so much as your cult will be looked upon like the satan-mania of the 1980s in the US in 2018. It works though.

The Flesh is Weak... [-2] [b]- Good

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Detective Stephen "Steve" Kane

Faction: Tabula Rasa

I don't know if they're aliens or monsters from the deep. I guess, in the end, it doesn't really make a difference. All I know is, they've been here from the beginning. They've watched everything. Dinosaurs, cavemen, the rise and fall of Rome. And let me tell you; they haven't been much impressed. We're a mess. A joke. We poison everything they touch. And they've come to a decision; they're going to make for a fresh start. Gonna drown mankind's troubles under a mile of ocean until the slate's washed clean. And you know... they're not wrong.

Backstory:

I've been on the force for sixteen years. I've seen things. Things that'll turn your stomach. Things worse than what I saw during my two tours in the Sandbox. This world is going to hell in a handbasket. We're a diseased race. Liars, killers, thieves; there's nothing we won't do to get one over on the other guy. They say the end of the world's coming; I hope they're right.

Mundane Qualities:

Investigator +2: Steve is a Detective in the Empire City Police Homicide Division. He is adept at piecing together clues, gathering evidence, and solving crimes.

PPAT +2: Steve has passed the Police Physical Abilities Test. He is in good physical condition and can handle himself.

Pistol Qualification +2: Steve scored a 97% on his Police Pistol Qualification Test.

Apocalypse Ability: Storm Lord

Steve commands the power of wind, rain, and most importantly and prominently, lightning. It also tends to rain when he is in a foul mood, which is often.

Drawbacks:
Anger Management: Steve can get carried away when his temper's up.

Soft-Hearted: As much as he has a nihilistic streak, Steve can't help but do the right thing at the wrong time.

Climate disaster and a world-ending flood.

I want to throw lightning at dudes for once and be a chain-smoking neo-noir detective.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Apps are now closed.

Feedback: looks good. Solid entry. Selection process ongoing.

Rhjamiz posted:

All good

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
I will now ask a single question to or about each character. How you answer may or may not be included in the game. IF selected.

Upon awakening to the truth you find that another may walk your path. But instead of something wholly spiritual they instead seek a different form. One that may derail your vision and see all your work ruined. The enlightenment and spiritual awakening of the world never to be realized. How would you deal with this false prophet and message? Why?

Content to Hover posted:

Lottie (Loretta Morningstar)

Whispers from the movement in the church speak of you as the true antichrist but another has appeared and this one bears the mark of the beast. He is Male and soon members of your faction begin to support him. Your own power and cause will wane. How do you deal with the defections? And why do so in that manner?

The government has sent an agent to come for you. You discover that this man has powers but not like yours and has been instrumental in hunting your creations down. He is getting closer to finding you and a confrontation is inevitible. Do you offer him a pact? Or do you have another way? How would you handle this? Why?

LupusAter posted:

Sante Alberighi

You suddenly catch a case of writers block! While the Storytellers have given you power and their favor you must still write the ending to this world. Before your power wanes: How do you find inspiration and where? What would you write into existence? Players and characters alike run into it. I am curious to know the answer.

HiKaizer posted:

Taver Einklassen

As an old soul, you quickly recognize an artifact that will help you enact a dark ritual and cause untold destruction to the coasts of the federated states. The hand of Strahd the Embalmer from Wallchallea is on exhibit. However the museum has national treasures such as the Declaration of Succession from the Empire of Brittania and has a maximum amount of security and surveillance. Enacting this ritual would advance your plans massively but at the cost of having an entire nation hunt for you. Do you take the risk? Why or why not?

Quornes posted:

Francis Egerton

You care for nothing and no one but yourself, pleasures, and ascension. Either in a dream or perhaps at the end of your quest you are about to ascend. The next phase of existence looms. However, there is one last party. One last romp in the physical flesh. An orgy of sex, drugs, and hedonism before leaving it all behind. Do you partake one last time in your humanity? Or do you leave it behind? Why?

LLSix posted:

Aranyani Doosara

You wish to save nature, however another faction has made itself known and its champion is willing to make a deal. Allow them to take humanity for themselves and you can claim the physical world. You do not know the consequences of this but the people who do plead with you not to do this. You will not know their fate or what effect this will have. Do you accept or face bitter war with this champion, potentially winning all for you and your faction but possibly losing animals in the conflict? Why make this choice?

Rhjamiz posted:

Detective Stephen "Steve" Kane

Redemption, a word not known to Stephen's vocabulary. A chance? A trick? The angelic being's offer seemed legitimate. Turn from his path and be given a new mission. One from the holiest of holies. Too good to be true? The dead men on the rooftop had been on the verge of...something when he interrupted them. Paitently the being waited for his answer. All the blood and piss in the world and it wanted to preserve it. Some kind of sick loving faction. But what if...could he make it better? Would Stephen take the offer for the chance of a better world? Throw it away? Why?

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

I am Communist posted:

I will now ask a single question to or about each character. How you answer may or may not be included in the game. IF selected.

The government has sent an agent to come for you. You discover that this man has powers but not like yours and has been instrumental in hunting your creations down. He is getting closer to finding you and a confrontation is inevitible. Do you offer him a pact? Or do you have another way? How would you handle this? Why?

Akua would learn everything about this agent he could, using cats paws and expendable pawns and whatever infrastructure he possessed. Learn who his pursuer is, what he wants, what makes him tick, all the pieces necessary to assemble a full profile of the man's thought process. Then, if that information provided an avenue to subvert the agent, a way to bring his loyalties to Akua's side, he would take it. If not, he would use some of his cats paws to attempt to infect the agent with his cells, quickly assembled pawns made to be killed, but to subtly increase the cell count in the agent to see if that provided a method to gain control over him. If he were to prove immune, Akua would turn his attention from the agent to his masters. After all, unlike Akua, this man is here on the orders of another, and with the right pressure on the right sources, orders can be rescinded. Not to mention for all their status and organization power, government higher-ups have a tendency to be much softer targets that their tools, they are after all, merely human.

Physical confrontation would be a last resort, after all, as Akua sees it, it is better to take such a powerful agent for his own than destroy it. Even then he would try and use whatever gambits he could come up with to convert the agent, offers of power and prestige, of the endless bliss his powers could provide. However, if cornered or if conversion proves not to be an option, Akua will fight with terrifying ferocity, using every tool and tactic at his disposal, collateral damage be damned. Better to burn down the world than surrender his claim to it.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

I am Communist posted:

As an old soul, you quickly recognize an artifact that will help you enact a dark ritual and cause untold destruction to the coasts of the federated states. The hand of Strahd the Embalmer from Wallchallea is on exhibit. However the museum has national treasures such as the Declaration of Succession from the Empire of Brittania and has a maximum amount of security and surveillance. Enacting this ritual would advance your plans massively but at the cost of having an entire nation hunt for you. Do you take the risk? Why or why not?

Taver would be unlikely to bite for something like this, unless the ritual was mutable. His revenge is primarily against the church, and the institutions the support and are supported by it. At least at the beginning of the game Taver is not specifically interested in rampant and gratuitous destruction. I imagine the danger his involvement in the apocalypse presents is initially tearing down the support mechanisms that would either help people survive through the disasters, or at least to mitigate the destruction and chaos. However if he could use it to enact a ritual to destroy many or all of the church and church's properties in the country (or world) he would absolutely go for it. If he fulfills his goal, or it will make serious inroads towards it then he does not care so much about remaining in the country. Taver's used to ambushes and precision strikes though, so he would check to see if it was going to be moved soon or if there was some weakness he could exploit. Ultimately though as a well trained and ruthless killer he has less concerns (perhaps arrogantly) about being a wanted fugitive. After all there are plenty of wanted criminals alive in the world still eluding capture.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Lottie - Church - Problem solving

In her heart of hearts Lottie was a pragmatist. While she had no real interest in being the "Antichrist" or whatever, the power and support provided by the Church granted her a much better quality of life than she could otherwise expect. Lottie also firmly believed that the people in charge were pragmatists too. If someone else were to supplant her, church leaders would do their best to ensure she was no longer in the picture. While she didn't think those pitiful men or their minions would survive, she currently had a lot of people subscribed to her Youview channel and she didn't want to mess that up.

Fortunately Lottie was a problem solver. Even before her abilities had manifested she had solved problems, sometimes entire classrooms at a time. Lottie smiled at the fond memories of small faces gasping for air, good times. Thinking about it, this was a chance to demonstrate her will. Just another test really, solving it would be like math (ugh) she would need to show her working to ensure nobody else stepped forward to claim her throne. A small chuckle escaped her as she relished the possibilities. Yes, it was time to send a message.

What is Hell? Almost everyone has heard the phrase 'Hell is other people', to the literate it might be envisioned as concentric circles Dante described, to the truly devout it is often continued existence absent the light of god. The majority consensus however, envisions hell as eternal suffering. This is problematic for two main reasons: Firstly barring a select few mathematicians almost nobody could reasonably be said to comprehend eternity. Secondly, on this plane, in this realm no mortal was capable of understanding true suffering. Lottie understood suffering, it was remorse that she couldn't quite wrap her head around.

Damien - Somewhere on the Eastern seaboard

Damien was plagued by dreams, when he awoke from these dreams he could not move. It felt as if an oppressive weight sat upon his chest radiating malevolence. It was after these spells that he painted. His art reflected this horror, and as his thirtieth birthday approached it became more and more sinister. The pastor at his church had seen one of his latest works and sought help for him, free therapists and a complete medical workup. The doctors had been fairly useless, seeming more interested in his birthmark than his sleep paralysis.

On the morning of his birthday he awoke at some ungodly hour, that familiar pressure upon his chest. Unlikely as it seemed he saw something illuminated against the darkness, where before he felt merely felt the weight upon him, tonight there was a physical presence to match. As he strove fully waken his eyes slowly brought it into focus. Kneeling upon his chest was an angel, small and willowy the very essence of innocence. As the fog continued to clear from his mind he realised that it was in actuality a young girl and she was saying something to him.

"I like your art, I find it so warm and vibrant." said Lottie. Still immobilized by his sleep disorder Damien waited for her to continue."Do you do commissions? I want you to paint me a picture of home." Spontaneous impressions of a snow covered town by a lake swum to the forefront of Damien's mind. "No, my other home, my real home. In that moment, If he could scream he would never have stopped. As the flashes of imagery and sensations of otherness viciously violated his mind he knew with absolute certainty that they didn't come from inside, they didn't even come from this world and that made them somehow all the more real.

It was two days before his minders eventually found him, even then he was still furiously painting. By that time his voice was gone and his fingers had worn down to nubs, his blood mixing freely with paint as he scrabbled at the easel. Next to him was the title of the painting, doodles of hearts and unicorns crowding the margins. The note was handed up the chain of command until it rested before the board who recognised distinctive penmanship immediately. Although just a single line, the implicit threat was understood.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I am Communist posted:

You wish to save nature, however another faction has made itself known and its champion is willing to make a deal. Allow them to take humanity for themselves and you can claim the physical world. You do not know the consequences of this but the people who do plead with you not to do this. You will not know their fate or what effect this will have. Do you accept or face bitter war with this champion, potentially winning all for you and your faction but possibly losing animals in the conflict? Why make this choice?
An offer I don't want to refuse. As the Queen of the Forest, I readily agree. I do not care for mortal man half so much as I do for my beloved animals. However man may suffer in this life, he will be reborn in the next, wiser for his suffering. If he is lucky, he will be reborn as one of my power panthers or beautiful butterflies.

Should the deal prove untenable in the end, Aranyani Doosara will trust in the boundless might of the Trimurti to overturn it and ensure the Kali Yuga ends properly. My task is to restore the wilderness.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

IAmcommunist posted:

Upon awakening to the truth you find that another may walk your path. But instead of something wholly spiritual they instead seek a different form. One that may derail your vision and see all your work ruined. The enlightenment and spiritual awakening of the world never to be realized. How would you deal with this false prophet and message? Why?

The expectation was never to be completely alone. The Godhead is numerous, and the divine prediction has always been that in the last age, there will ultimately be two factions, rather than many. If they are close enough to the path and oppose materialism, immorality, and what may truly be called demonic, we will have common cause for the foreseeable future.

But, remember the story of Shiva and Ganesha. Shiva's wife created a divine son out of paste to do her bidding. When the son followed his mother's orders and stood in the way of Shiva, Shiva decapitated him. But Shiva felt remorse and remade the divine son with a new head, turning him into the elephant-headed God Ganesha. Just like this world, what strays too far may be destroyed and remade.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I am Communist posted:

You suddenly catch a case of writers block! While the Storytellers have given you power and their favor you must still write the ending to this world. Before your power wanes: How do you find inspiration and where? What would you write into existence? Players and characters alike run into it. I am curious to know the answer.

An ending is a delicate thing to write. It has to feel definitive, yet not too sudden, and the tangled mess that is this world's plot threads isn't helping. Sante does what he always does when inspiration lacks, and takes refuge in the sublime: he goes to a craggy ocean shore near his residence and watches as the waves batter the rocks, ceaseless expression of an ancient power and an eternal struggle.

Oh, if only all conflicts were so majestically resonant! But... they could be. Maybe with the right ambassadors for both sides, who could distill it to a purified essence of opposition.

Sante quickly sketches a great serpent of depths and darkness locked into battle with a bird whose feathers are made of clouds and light.

Hm. Maybe too blatant to be the first step, and also probably out of his current abilities, but he could till the ground and prepare the field. Spread signs, give warnings, make sure the sides are formed and the characters developed, edit and cross out what doesn't fit. The time for grandioseness will come. Now, quiet work and preparation is needed.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

I am Communist posted:

You care for nothing and no one but yourself, pleasures, and ascension. Either in a dream or perhaps at the end of your quest you are about to ascend. The next phase of existence looms. However, there is one last party. One last romp in the physical flesh. An orgy of sex, drugs, and hedonism before leaving it all behind. Do you partake one last time in your humanity? Or do you leave it behind? Why?

For the longest time, Francis held onto his earthly desires. The whispers kept telling him of the glory of shedding his flesh for true ascension. A hand goes up to his...well where his heart once was. No steady beat lies there, silent but for a slow pulse. After unlocking the 5th chakra his organs had started to change, no longer flesh but crystal substitutes, driving his body forward in new vitality. Just as you don't notice a noise until its absence, the pounding of his blood through the arterial highways of his veins was gone and what was left was a steady stream he could barely feel.

But no matter. It was the anointed hour. One last time he'll indulge those vices that set him on this path...was it really that long ago? Time has become fluid, mercurial these days. Outside the walls of crystal lay the fallen, the unworthy roaming an apocalyptic desert. Inside, the crystal spires rise and glitter in the sun. Children laugh and play, people gather and party. On the outskirt, those who lost loved ones to transformation look lost but can't resist the call of crystal for long. Those memories soon fade, leaving only forgotten itches. As the twilight dawns, Francis descends from the top of the spire as the festivities begin.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Picks have been made!
I appreciate everyone who applied as I know that PDQ isn't the most "popular" tg/pbp system at the moment.

The following six have been chosen and are displayed(not picked) in alphabetical order:
  • HiKaizer
      • Taver Einklassen
  • LupusAter
      • Sante Alberighi
  • MiltonSlavemasta
      • Shiva Das
  • Quornes
      • Francis Egerton
  • Rhjamiz
      • Detective Stephen "Steve" Kane
  • Valhawk
      • Akua
To those who got picked congrats!
The game thread will be posted hopefully tonight or tomorrow!

To those who did not: I would have posted a blip about potentially having a second round of picks(if someone dropped) or allowing those not picked a chance at being an NPC or guest feature but previous applicants have shown that they cannot handle not getting picked graciously or sanely so I won't be doing that again. Ever. Sorry!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Congratulations to those who got picked!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Gamethread is live! :siren:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859503&pagenumber=1#lastpost

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
You guys still in?

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Just sick. I've been planning out my post though and should have it up today or tomorrow.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I have posted, apologies for the delay

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
New job got me swamped. Still in though!

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS

I am Communist posted:

I imagine there’ll be a bit of darkness, but let's not go crazy here. I reserve the absolute right to not pick you or even summarily boot you from the game if I think you’ve crossed the line.  Basically, don’t be an rear end in a top hat or write pages of torture and no super-extreme explicit stuff.

Srry

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
@Rhjamiz & @Hikaizer: You still in the game? let me know I was hoping to update soonish!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Yep gonna post tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Sadly I am going to have to drop this; I foolishly once more made a Reluctant Guy who doesn't actually want to use his powers and boy is that loving stupid of me. Posting at this point is just me going through the motions and that ain't fair to Commie. Sorry guys. :(

• Locked thread