Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revolther
May 27, 2008
FU looks similar to but legally distinct from Wall-E

Chernabog posted:

FU the extraterrestrial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Here are my rejected ideas if anyone wants to use them:

Poker 2: Poker with extra cards like Emperor and Maid cards. And a blue eyes white dragon from Yugioh and the Bigger Blacker Dick card from CAH.

Party House 2: sequel to House Party, only none of the women will sleep with you because you can't earn sex for picking the right dialog options in real life. Also there is a handgun the master bedroom.

Munich 2: Winter Olympics

American History Z: A sequel to American History X where Edward Norton has to team up with minories to fight zombies. Side scrolling beat-em up. Power up for a curb stomp attack.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

revolther posted:

FU looks similar to but legally distinct from Wall-E

Yeah, I was going for ET-like but Wall-E crossed my mind while I was making it.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Lowen SoDium posted:

Here are my rejected ideas if anyone wants to use them:

Poker 2: Poker with extra cards like Emperor and Maid cards. And a blue eyes white dragon from Yugioh and the Bigger Blacker Dick card from CAH.

whenever I try to think of ideas for unnecessary card game sequels I just remember that Game Helpin' Squad already did all of them and then I despair

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
Feeling good about my progress:
https://my.mixtape.moe/ozyhaz.webm

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Coming soon to a Summer Jam near you...

Gladiator II: Descent into Underworld

Thrill as Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius, father to a murdered son and husband to a murdered wife, descends into the Underworld, seeking enough coins to pay Charon to take him across the River Styx to reunite him with his family. He had his vengeance in this life - can he have it in the next!?

(PICO-8 is a lifesaver and I'm slowly piecing stuff together, it's great fun).

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’ve narrowed it down to ET vs Predator, Space Jam 2153 (featuring Garfield and Naruto), one of about a dozen Grinch ideas ranging from How The Grinch Stole Veterans Day to How The Grinch Stole Black History Month, and Doug: Chains of Sin.

Any thoughts?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I’ve narrowed it down to ET vs Predator, Space Jam 2153 (featuring Garfield and Naruto), one of about a dozen Grinch ideas ranging from How The Grinch Stole Veterans Day to How The Grinch Stole Black History Month, and Doug: Chains of Sin.

Any thoughts?

Please elaborate on Doug: Chains of Sin, because that has got me Very Interested

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Amstrad posted:

Feeling good about my progress:
https://my.mixtape.moe/ozyhaz.webm
Is that Outpost? :allears:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

We have a title screen!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

The ring is always the tip off.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
A game is formed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWlE55trh9s

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

SupSuper posted:

Is that Outpost? :allears:

It's Sim City 2001: A Space Odyssey. So basically Outpost yeah.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
i spent the last few days making UE4 not crash each time i made a change in VS, and i'm happy with the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5FFqmbzj60

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ALFbrot posted:

Please elaborate on Doug: Chains of Sin, because that has got me Very Interested

It’s more of a vague outline and a bunch of ideas at this point, but it would be a narrative based game with some action parts. Doug visits Mr. Dink’d House and activities his new invention, the Thanatos Device. It causes some apocalyptic tragedy to befall Bluffington. The majority of the game would be after a time skip during which Doug has been experimented on and he gains the ability to transform or something like that. As Doug you must discover what happened to your friends and cope with the fact that it’s all your fault. Also he will have to beat a hyper muscular Roger in ULTIMATE DEATH BALL.

I’m leaning towards that one or Space Jam 2156 where you play as Azriel Jordan, Michael Jordan’s great great great great grandson and n ULTIMATE DEATH BALL prodigy. After a new generation of Monstars absorbs the world’s ULTIMATE DEATH BALL players’ talents And murder the Looney Tunrs, he must team up with Garfield, Naruto, and the others to beat them.

While I’m 90% sure I’m not gonna make it, here are some of the concepts I had for a Grinch sequel:
How the grinch stole Veterans Day
How the grinch stole black history month
How the grinch stole Chanukah
How the grinch stole Ramadan
How The Grinch Stole Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
How the Grinch Interfered With The 2016 US Presidential Election
How the grinch stole video games journalism
How the grinch stole 10kg of black tar heroin and just loving went to town on that poo poo
How the grinch stole my virginity
How the grinch stole Christmas again
How the grinch stole 1000 terabytes worth of credit card information
How the grinch stole a child’s organs
How the grinch stole a life
How the grinch lost weight with this 1 weird trick
How the grinch stole a mans skin while he was still alive
How the grinch stole the Japanese high school culture festival

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Big yes on Doug Chains of Sin

Big no on how the grinch stole my virginity

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It’s more of a vague outline and a bunch of ideas at this point, but it would be a narrative based game with some action parts. Doug visits Mr. Dink’d House and activities his new invention, the Thanatos Device. It causes some apocalyptic tragedy to befall Bluffington. The majority of the game would be after a time skip during which Doug has been experimented on and he gains the ability to transform or something like that. As Doug you must discover what happened to your friends and cope with the fact that it’s all your fault. Also he will have to beat a hyper muscular Roger in ULTIMATE DEATH BALL.

I’m leaning towards that one or Space Jam 2156 where you play as Azriel Jordan, Michael Jordan’s great great great great grandson and n ULTIMATE DEATH BALL prodigy. After a new generation of Monstars absorbs the world’s ULTIMATE DEATH BALL players’ talents And murder the Looney Tunrs, he must team up with Garfield, Naruto, and the others to beat them.

While I’m 90% sure I’m not gonna make it, here are some of the concepts I had for a Grinch sequel:
How the grinch stole Veterans Day
How the grinch stole black history month
How the grinch stole Chanukah
How the grinch stole Ramadan
How The Grinch Stole Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
How the Grinch Interfered With The 2016 US Presidential Election
How the grinch stole video games journalism
How the grinch stole 10kg of black tar heroin and just loving went to town on that poo poo
How the grinch stole my virginity
How the grinch stole Christmas again
How the grinch stole 1000 terabytes worth of credit card information
How the grinch stole a child’s organs
How the grinch stole a life
How the grinch lost weight with this 1 weird trick
How the grinch stole a mans skin while he was still alive
How the grinch stole the Japanese high school culture festival

Space Jam 2156 sounds a little too much like Barkley: Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden. But, I suppose, as the days march on, the sequel to that becomes less and less necessary, so I guess it fits :/

I would definitely like to play Doug: Chains of Sin, and also How the Grinch Stole the Japanese High School Culture Festival

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I like How the grinch stole black history month

Steampunk_Spoon
May 18, 2009
Does anyone remember Sky Roads? No? Well too bad because I'm bringing it back anyway.

Ofcourse I've overscoped the poo poo out it. After several gamejams I really should know better :downs:

Also, any sound/music people still looking to hook up?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Steampunk_Spoon posted:

Does anyone remember Sky Roads? No? Well too bad because I'm bringing it back anyway.

Ofcourse I've overscoped the poo poo out it. After several gamejams I really should know better :downs:

Please do a Christmas-themed level

edit: in case you don't know what I'm talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGO-CqLt0PM

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Steampunk_Spoon posted:

This absolutely does not fit the theme of the game jam.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Are we still posting title screen art?

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Guess so

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

My game loop is finally actually working end to end :honked: now to start a long polishing/art phase :honk:

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I put a test build up on the discord.

Thermal Anomaly
Jul 1, 2017

by Cyrano4747
Making steady progress on The Last Panderling 2, now with optional drop-in co-op, map transitions, animated portraits, and our first completed sprites!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cbFnB9lewo

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
Finished with the basic level BSP/Terrain. Next comes lighting, textures, and environmental models.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

So after a night of being too engrossed in game dev, I awoke to discover that I've left a mess created in my sleep deprived state. It's going to be all morning before I fix that one.

Steampunk_Spoon
May 18, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/5WFrTpo.gifv
Movement code almost working as intended.

ALFbrot posted:

Please do a Christmas-themed level
Xmas editions of games are such a weird thing, the only other game I can remember doing that is Lemmings.

TalkLittle posted:

This absolutely does not fit the theme of the game jam.

I'll give you that re-imagining an old game most people have forgotten about isn't particularly creative, but I don't feel like it completely breaks the theme either. Surely not every entry has to be some kind of parody.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Steampunk_Spoon posted:

I'll give you that re-imagining an old game most people have forgotten about isn't particularly creative, but I don't feel like it completely breaks the theme either. Surely not every entry has to be some kind of parody.

I think he meant that a sequel to Sky Roads isn't unnecessary at all, and I would agree.

I'm making slow but steady progress. It sure is nice to only work on one game instead of five, like last jam. :frogdowns:

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Steampunk_Spoon posted:

Sorry that was meant to be entirely tongue in cheek, I am honestly excited to see that you chose SkyRoads and are doing good things with it :holy:

Steampunk_Spoon
May 18, 2009
Oh.:negative:

I felt bad about not coming up with something clever like everyone else so I might have been projecting a bit, sorry!

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Steampunk_Spoon posted:

Xmas editions of games are such a weird thing, the only other game I can remember doing that is Lemmings.
They were fairly common in the DOS days when demos were everything, basically a cheap way to renew interest in a game post-release.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Today we have holiday micro transactions and DLC.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Let there be ball!

Spent the last 3 days refactoring things that used to appear to work but then apparently didn't.

Fortunately, now things appear to work.

Edit: vvv I know, right? I'll see what I can do.

Hammer Bro. fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 15, 2018

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lookin' good, man. But BBall's so last-last-last decade. Streets of Rage is where it's at.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
i've now got lasers shooting from F.U.'s eyeballs :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgguk2VwI2o

i also bound Shoot() to scroll wheel in addition to left click so he shoots each time his neck extends or retracts. that's probably not staying in, but it looks amazing.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Check out this sweet gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMKJQjwhcKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I dunno what you will do in my game, except I know that you will shoot things until they explode

https://twitter.com/Shoehead_art/status/1018891923598258176

• Locked thread