Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

You know I'm not really a fan of celebrity culture where people watch like kardashians or whatever and are all "oh gosh I wish I had a house like that and glamorous friends", but watching those cup antics makes me go dang I wish I was doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Extra Old Stock Malt Fortified Beer is the superior choice.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

If they fire boudreau to hire trotz there's a little bit of history repeating there if you get my drift....

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

This guy speculates the Gryba deal might be in preparation for something else
http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...-transation/amp

If it isn't, he calls it an outright tactical error

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Mike_V posted:

It would be really funny if the Hawks traded for Darling since he Sucks rear end and is on a terrible contract.

Can't teach inner ear stability

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

There's a tonne of expatriate Russians in Florida, a Russian friend of mine went there for two weeks and said he didn't speak English once. Most of them seem to be involved in real estate and shell corporation businesses according to him.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Kind of an ignominious end for Burr there

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Surprisingly doesn't suck (worked in the coffee biz for two years, not as a barista). Haven't been to 2 and 5 though.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/pierrevlebrun/status/1012083210942140416?s=21

Probably a dumb move on DSP’s part but I’m happy he’s coming back even if he’s likely to never reproduce his postseason.

I read a thing where he was literally going to quit hockey before getting the Washington tryout so there's probably a bit of worry there about leaving a good situation

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

So Anaheim passed on Tyler Soy and now he's going to Canucks camp as an invitee. What's up with that, I thought he was actually good? Or did they just not want a soyboy....

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wamsutta posted:

"I'm tired of playing for this trash bag franchise with a meddling idiot owner! I'm going to the Islanders!"-Karlsson??

Yeah you have to wonder if JT poisoned the well a little bit in that regard.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Ah ain't that nice:
https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/s...-487268071.html

SuperFinn Laine distracts kids upset by unruly drunk on flight from Spain to Helsinki

quote:

The Winnipeg Jets forward apparently helped calm some kids Monday night who were frightened by a drunken passenger causing a disturbance aboard a flight from Malaga, Spain to Helsinki.

According to Finnish newspaper Ilta-Sanomat, the flight had to make an unscheduled stop in Paris, where police handcuffed an unruly man and carted him off the plane.

Another passenger told a reporter several kids were upset by the incident. But Laine, also aboard the flight, lightened the mood by talking to them, signing autographs and posing for pictures. He spent time with the each child, helping them relax, the passenger said.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

grack posted:

Yes, I too would like my team to trade a good prospect and a bunch of spare parts for one of the best players in the league.

Hah! Beagle, Roussel, Sutter, Eriksson and Gudbranson. Bennings master plan revealed at last

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

grack posted:

That's like 19M in salary. Ottawa would never take that much back.

Also, holy christ that's depressing.

Yeah I knew throwing Eriksson in there was too much for plausibility

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Habs missing on Duke is just kinda sad. Him and Domi are bffs

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

What even the hell Ottawa. The only thing left is discovering that the Hombolt driver was an executive in the Sens organization.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Sidney Crosby and I both have the same birthday so I guess we are both Franchise Players for the New York Rangers.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

yellowcar posted:

Patch gonna put up a bazillion goals after he gets traded for garbage at the trade deadline.

Yeah it really feels like the ultimate setup to a giant bounceback season to spite your old team scenario.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

do they televise Da Beauty League games?

I read somewhere (pitb?) That they're streaming them off their site. Phone posting or I'd hunt it down for you

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The write-up I read said it wasn't clear if he had got up early or hadn't went to bed yet

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Mr. Kite posted:

That video is kinda weird, actually. Imagine Obama casually suiting up for the NBA all-star game.

Even better, no one can guard, foul, or even try to strip the ball from him.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

HootTheOwl posted:

Was it natural.

Depends on if they're identical or fraternal

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Throckmorton, Eustace, Gaylord, and Gustavo

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Was Rico Fata a reach or did he go about where expected?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I already have my resume in

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Oh damnnnnnnnn

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yearly reminder it's me and Sidney Crosby's birthday, so you should send us both 8/7 memorabilia. And Sidney, if they unperma'd you, I wouldn't mind some of those 8.7 million dollars.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah, don't play up how reputable Lapointe is and then just say something without linking to him saying it.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I don't know why but Thorne will always be the voice of video game hockey to me, maybe because I worked at the company who made nhl2k5 and you'd always overhear his clips from the QA department.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wow, Laraque entered and won a drag contest:
https://www.outsports.com/2018/8/12/17682454/gay-nhl-georges-laraque-drag?src=rss

Good for him.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Chris Cuthbert is pretty good, apparently he's doing NHL again and not just Olympics?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I hope Lu keeps playing and gets all of the longevity records: wins, shutouts, games played, etc just to spite fatso and wife beater.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Why would Vancouver even pursue EK though? It's not like he makes the rebuild not necessary

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Looks like we got august headlined

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I live a block away from Roger's Place and have to wade through these nerds around rush hour every day AMA

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

JawKnee posted:

Flames sign the sbisa

Is that imperative, interrogatory, or declarative? Because depending I could be all kinds of confused

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah Crosby doesn't strike me as a Fortnite guy personally

Yeah he's strongly against the dance emotes

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Huh, good on you Connolly.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jehde posted:

"Let me be clear that this purely political gesture is NOT about politics."

The off-season is breaking everyone's brains.

He could be implying it's personal, e.g. I think this guy is a sack of poo poo instead of I'm a Democrat and don't agree with his policies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Hey good for DGB. I wonder if they'll snag Chemmie too

• Locked thread