Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
At least he didn't gently caress with that brand new looking Model M keyboard, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Jay's video about MSI scalping is really stupid. It says right in the statement they're rectifying the situation by offering full or partial refunds for people who bought the Starlit cards. I'm not sure what he wants from them w/r/t consumer reparations.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Romes128 posted:

to be fair everyone on the planet praises noctua fans. even the brown has been embraced over the years.

They're great fans!

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
LTT does do a nice thing and makes the intro ad read + title almost exactly 20 seconds long so a double tap as soon as you hear Linus doing his bad sponsor segue gets you right into the video.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
This is some local news channel publicity stunt bullshit and it kinda looks bad for GN from my perspective. What is to be gained camping out at their head office rather than just confronting them online? I dunno, seems stupid.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Were they really just door knobs? The impression I got was that they removed fancy card/badge reading door handles, not just regular old door knobs. Makes more sense to me that way, at least.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Just how much money are they making/hemorrhaging holy poo poo

If I'm remembering correctly the property alone cost them 10 million, and they put 1 million down on it, which was apparently a substantial amount of their liquidity. It's going to cost them a fortune to get it started and to maintain it with staff and projects etc. I don't know how you start making money with it with videos alone. Have to imagine they have some other revenue plans. Outsourced testing for smaller companies or something, maybe? Who knows. It's a huge leap for them and I don't envy the anxiety Linus is probably feeling about that big of an investment. I do envy his really big house, though.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

FilthyImp posted:

Does it matter? Especially when it's the rear end end of midnight?

:ughh:

A meeting in the hotel lobby is a lot different than one in his private room.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
What the gently caress is she even talking about in the replies? Linus was stupid because she could have been a Chinese spy? He has an Asian fetish? What?

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I mean he posted on her coming out video with the official LTT channel account voicing his full love and support. I really don't know what you want from him more than that. Sounds like it's her decision and somehow making this about linus being bad is weird.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Them just walking around that death trap with nothing but eyeglasses to protect themselves was freaking me out way too much and I turned it off before they even used it on the computer. Seems incredibly careless and stupid to do something like that without putting some ballistic panels around it or something.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Madison's posts have put me off LTT for good, I reckon. Not that I watched it a lot, mostly the videos where Linus and Alex do something stupid with computer parts, but uh, yeah. Those videos are a lot less funny when you know how disgusting people are being treated by senior members of staff behind the camera.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

K8.0 posted:

I'ma say it : Central AC sucks and I'd much rather have minisplits. Air ducts waste an enormous amount of space and are noisy, and for heating forced air is absolute trash.

Brave

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

claw game handjob posted:

In a similar vein and linking back to the tech angle: Bismuth is a guy who has pivoted into breaking down a lot of "WHAT THE gently caress AM I LOOKING AT" speedruns step by step with narration and, in a lot of cases, really well put-together diagrams and visuals to show you what's actually happening in the game without being locked to the footage of the camera. His most recent one actually involved him TASing a Goldeneye stage to show what's going on in memory at any point just to explain what the three people who have ever pulled this very specific category of run off have to do to make it feasible with human reflexes.

Or as a really good intro: there's this one. "The 20s Minecraft Speedrun Explained in 20m".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJpXnjCt0hw

Bismuth is my favourite speedruns explained channel. Don't sleep on the Mario 64 ABC videos. I think he finally finished the series earlier this year and there's a 5hr+ compilation of all the parts. Summoning Salt is great for the history of a particular speedrun record and all of the personalities in the story but nothing beats the in-depthness of Bismuth.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I used to watch one or two Linus videos every now and then when I was in the mood to see Alex do stupid poo poo with laptops or coolers but yeah after the Madison stuff I stopped. I was actually surprised that he just straight up disappeared from my recommended videos almost instantly where before he was always showing up.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Its strange, in my view the Switch is God's perfect console and I love mine, but I have negative interest in handheld PC gaming and think it's dumb. No, I can't explain it and will take no questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
10 grand, eh? Do me next, dbrand