Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
:actually:

Wirth1000 posted:

New cards = hot and good

(they run cool because they mostly have very good thermal solutions but power draw is insane at over 300w)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Yeah, that was really baffling especially when a video literally from a week before shows him doing competent electric work on his new shed (at least to a layman). How the hell do you gently caress that up?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Merch has always been everything in the creative scene. If you ever wanted to actually support a band buying their CD is cool and all but going to their gig and buying their shirts is way better. It's not surprising that Youtube creators have discovered the same.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Purgatory Glory posted:

I just assumed that they have all this poo poo around the office that they don't know what to do with. So why not create some goodwill and stuff some if it in a random tshirt order? Seems harmless enough. The first foil shirts sold out super fast before anyone knew there was a potential prize I think.

The amount of monetizing, marketing and min maxing everything by Linus just makes me think that "give" is not in his vocabulary. But also I do know he does a lot of cool stuff for his employees (allegedly) so of course it's not that simple. In short, Linus is a land of contrasts.

...so he's basically doing raffles without calling them raffles? lol

Jeff Fatwood fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Nov 10, 2020

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Adding to above: he's an open carrying Texas chud.

Cool/ok videos, poor judgement, awkward guy, poo poo politics

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
That pavement was lucky he wasn't carrying.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Ziploc posted:

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g1z47U_kZQ

Looks staged to me. (As it should be)

Nope, that's real.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Now you can get driven over by a Radeon GPU. What a time to be alive.

Also lol, what the hell were LG thinking??

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

well why not posted:

you can get fired for being correct?

He made a career out of it.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
E-celebrity and small business tyranny is a hell of a mixture.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
It's incredibly pathetic how Newegg is still yet to comment on the whole situation and only want to privately solve it with GN like that's going to help at this point anymore. Just incredible cowardice.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
"We have decided to sack our cheap outsourced support/RMA department and switch to an even cheaper outsourced department because they were obviously the problem. Also we are now implementing a blockchain for our tickets"

- Newegg probably

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
https://twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1493216922451722246

Steve is arranging an intervention for Newegg to break their cycle of abusing customer RMA lol

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Mr.Radar posted:

I'm watching the WAN Show and Luke needed to install an ad blocker to read an article (because the ads were literally covering the entire page) and Linus was visibly consternated and reminded him it's company policy that ad blockers are disallowed on company computers :nallears:

Linus outed himself as a complete shitter to me on a previous WAN show when he said he'd be personally offended if his employees unionized because he treats them so well. Good treatment and worker rights are OK to him as long as he gets to arbitrate and feel good about it.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
https://twitter.com/linusgsebastian/status/1431744137858981892

https://twitter.com/linusgsebastian/status/1431746397674491910

Not to misrepresent Linus completely, he's obviously on the side of fair wages, good working conditions etc. Yet it tells me of some weird pettiness to take unionization personally instead of an extension to him working to permanently make his workers and the whole tech industry into a fairer place for all. He constantly talks about making LMG independent of him and/or Yvonne anyway so unions would probably make sense in the long run.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

wibble posted:

Linus is building more ZFS storage servers...
Also having issues with their radio WAN...

:newlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12l326jQML8

Wonder why it got private'd

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

Lol Linus built the million dollar server but their L6-30 outlet (or whatever it was) was removed.

Also nearly broke his thumb while mounting the equipment and immediately started whining about filling work safety forms lmao

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
the family matters of Mr Techtips or his large adult son are of any concern to this thread, please respect their privacy

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
New Wan Show has Linus venting on how he got shafted on the lab building purchase. Previous owners stripped the place bare including safety railings that made the building up to whatever code they were looking for etc. It feels like every WAN show now there's a new drama for Linus to vent about whether self caused or not. Was it always like this? I don't watch regularly but I skim the topics every so often and the general tone just feels like it has chanced. I guess spending your (business') millions is stressful

pofcorn posted:

Edit: is there a term for gun incel ?

sure why not, although I guess it's flaky in the sense that guns aren't a "condition" like not having your jaw be a perfect cube but that hasn't stopped them before

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

TearsOfPirates posted:

Honestly it has been quite a bit more venting ever since the Nvidia youtube shenanigans, but most if not all of the venting has been pretty much justifiable any way you look at it.

And his latest rant feels completely reasonable. Wouldn't you be annoyed if they took all of the windows and doors and locks right before you moved in?

Oh, it's completely fine to vent, I don't care. Just a direction that I felt the show has been going towards.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Nice post/av combo

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Just how much money are they making/hemorrhaging holy poo poo

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
So that's this week's Wan Show rant locked in I guess.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
ok, ONE of this week's rants

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
If being an audiophile is such a bad thing then how come ancient egyptian pharaohs were already gold plating everything

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

CoolCab posted:

patrick from gamers nexus always looks so delightfully stoned in his segments, it's got a real chill edge to the presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2QPTcRIipk&t=892s

lol that Fractal has promo material showing solid RGB led colors for all the case configurations but the actual controller itself has none of those.

e. and just as I posted, there's a comment there that says you have to do another long push for solid colors.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
He could also just choose not to make millionaire tech manchild content but I think his brain is just broken so everything he indulges in is "an investment" so now we get a lot of tech mcmansion stuff

also

BattleMaster posted:

guy whose channel has become almost entirely showing off how rich he is is oblivious

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Looking at that WAN Show, it seems like a case of a legitimately psychotic LTT stan inventing a rape accusation to try and sabotage Linus and his business with a mass email to guessed LTT worker emails and any disclosed business partners. A whole lot of :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: has ensued. Just absolutely hosed up poo poo

e. what a fitting :synpa: for a youtube thread

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

The Grumbles posted:

Edit: I just listened to the WAN show clip and it's kind of a wild take. His argument for not providing a warranty is that if he died tomorrow he wouldn't want his wife to feel obliged to run the company, thus going through the trauma of seeing her dead husband's face over all the branding (he actually said this), which is the situation he'd be creating by providing a legally binding obligation to repair his expensive backpack over the next 10 years.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh my loving god LMAO

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Just loving lmao

e. with the loving pirate avatar as well i can't

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

That is true of literally any company lmao. C'mon man. If you can't provide the support, then don't sell the product. You can't get into a business where warranties are expected and then give such dubious excuses to not provide them.

The sheer amount of people going "just trust him bro" is astonishing. Pinkie promise is just as good as a binding contract don'tcha know?

I'm at a loss for words at how mind numbingly dumb he is

e. why the gently caress does he keep talking about a lifetime warranty??? Just give a year or something, who gives a gently caress!

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
https://twitter.com/linusgsebastian/status/1556727116254699520

Definitely not mad 😂

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

a miserable pile of false promises

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Linus is absolutely the awkward type of nerd who makes a business meeting sound like an impromptu booty call

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Yeah, he claims he meant the hotel lobby as the meeting place but instead of trying to be diplomatic about it, it's Linus.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
He's going to discuss the finer points of sexual propriety with a pirate hat pfp

Sorry

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Klyith posted:

Linus didn't bring this up or comment on it at all currently, this is 4chan shitlords who Naomi Wu decided to give attention to.

Like, he probably shouldn't have responded that way back in 2021 (regardless of whether he did something wrong or it was just a miscommunication).

But also, if you don't enjoy getting getting bad attention from 4chan shitlords, don't link to 4chan threads and screenshot 4chan posts on your twitter. There are far more white incel chuds there than in the LTT fanbase or anywhere else.

She's been hosed with for years and linking a closed thread after it's been closed probably gives her as much harm as not linking it.

And he definitely shouldn't have responded like he did, he's a huge moron.

e. :negative:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

CoolCab posted:

Hello Linus this is your audence speaking. I am advising you today to please keep posting this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Poor Linus, thought of liabilities and died.