Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

:actually:

Wirth1000 posted:

New cards = hot and good

(they run cool because they mostly have very good thermal solutions but power draw is insane at over 300w)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Yeah, that was really baffling especially when a video literally from a week before shows him doing competent electric work on his new shed (at least to a layman). How the hell do you gently caress that up?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Merch has always been everything in the creative scene. If you ever wanted to actually support a band buying their CD is cool and all but going to their gig and buying their shirts is way better. It's not surprising that Youtube creators have discovered the same.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Purgatory Glory posted:

I just assumed that they have all this poo poo around the office that they don't know what to do with. So why not create some goodwill and stuff some if it in a random tshirt order? Seems harmless enough. The first foil shirts sold out super fast before anyone knew there was a potential prize I think.

The amount of monetizing, marketing and min maxing everything by Linus just makes me think that "give" is not in his vocabulary. But also I do know he does a lot of cool stuff for his employees (allegedly) so of course it's not that simple. In short, Linus is a land of contrasts.

...so he's basically doing raffles without calling them raffles? lol

Jeff Fatwood fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 10, 2020

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Adding to above: he's an open carrying Texas chud.

Cool/ok videos, poor judgement, awkward guy, poo poo politics

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

That pavement was lucky he wasn't carrying.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Ziploc posted:

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g1z47U_kZQ

Looks staged to me. (As it should be)

Nope, that's real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Now you can get driven over by a Radeon GPU. What a time to be alive.

Also lol, what the hell were LG thinking??