Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

The mean comments video was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevewm
May 10, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLFG068HtgM

Quite possibly the most amusing and informative video about a toaster ever made.

Also the little bit at the end right as the Patreon credits started rolling.......

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Klyith posted:

tl;dr gently caress apple and their fake-rear end luxury brand image

If you want to get really mad... Watch some select videos by Louis Rossman or iPadRehab on Youtube.

They are 3rd party repair places that champion right to repair and also specifically do repair on Apple products. They definitely have nothing nice to say about Apple and their repair policies.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

My eyes! MY EYES!!!

What have you done!?

stevewm
May 10, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Do they do anything besides LTT videos? Or are they at a point where it's all self sustained, i.e. just make videos about making youtube videos or the equipment to do it.

It has been mentioned they also produce videos/commercials for other companies in the PC hardware market...

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Can someone give me the TLDR on this this apparent Nvidia situation that is going on?

Not really been paying much attention...

stevewm
May 10, 2005

priznat posted:

Fun fact: EVGA modular cable ports can have Corsair modular cables plugged in, with NOT compatible pinouts and potentially disastrous results! Not an issue for most people but in a lab where there is a mix of them.. well.. Thankfully nothing major blew up :haw:

I fried 3 256gb SSDs because of this.

Was given a EVGA 1000w modular.

Had cables that looked identical. Except I didn't catch that some of the SATA modular cables were for a different PSU. They fed 12v into the 5v SATA pin.

The one mechanical drive somehow survived and even worked with 12v being fed into it's 5v input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevewm
May 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/benheck/status/1428190548570038273?s=19

He has went full chud....