Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mr. Nice! posted:

Can’t believe no judge scored anything 10-8.

Same. Figured yoel would get one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Joe trying to shake his broken hand and then warning Yoel not to do it too :xd:

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think Whittaker is concussed because did he just say Yoel Romero looks weak but he hits hard

I think that was joke.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lol Romero owns

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think Whittaker is concussed because did he just say Yoel Romero looks weak but he hits hard

that's called being a cheeky oval office

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I know Yoel is a cheater, and a hypocrite, but I just kind of like him.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

United States (and Chicago too)

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yoel is loving awesome

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Did Chicago secede?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Lets just cap this card off with the real defining moment. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj1Evj6lTpt/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=jhy3fjnll0a1

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
That fight didn't quite make up for the whole card, but it was pretty drat good.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

a great fight. arguably could have been a draw but im really happy whittaker won

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It should have been 47-46 Romero or 47-47 but otherwise hell of a loving fight and it made the PPV much better.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The commentary was loving awful tonight, good lord

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

chaleski posted:

The commentary was loving awful tonight, good lord

Joe's problem as a commentator is narratives. When he gets one in his head (Joanna's leg kicks will take away Rose's mobility) he sticks to them even when they're demonstrably not true.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jose Aldo was so good at football that he could have been a pro footballer back in Brazil, but instead chose to get peanuts in comparison in MMA.

This is why he's so good at leg kicks. Kenny Florian's the same, real good at togger so he can leg kick good.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Bisping is poo poo house drunk on this post fight broadcast

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i did not agree with literally any of those cards. it was either a 47-47 draw or 47-46 romero imo

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I'm more worried that he said he got dropped in the fouth and fifth round, wasn't it the third and fifth? There's gotta be some short term memory loss there. He was on another planet in that post-fight interview

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It was actually 48 - 47 Whittaker, but I respect your opinion and also Cum Punk for losing to Rafael Dos Anjos Covington.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

In all seriousness the best Chick Magnet Yoel Romero could hope for was a draw and Robert Whittaker is the greatest fighter of all time.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Marching Powder posted:

i did not agree with literally any of those cards. it was either a 47-47 draw or 47-46 romero imo

Completely agree. 2 judges gave the 4th to Whittaker which I don't get how.

Definitely gonna re-watch this fight again.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Digital Jedi posted:

Completely agree. 2 judges gave the 4th to Whittaker which I don't get how.

Definitely gonna re-watch this fight again.

huh? i thought the fourth was clearly whittakers. had it:

1. w
2. w
3. y 10-8 or 10-9
4. w
5. y 10-8

i am stunned that no one gave the fifth a 10-8. that was a brutal beating.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

lol, maybe you guys should figure out what winning a round looks like before trying to score a 10 - 8.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I gave Romero the 4th but I don't find Whittaker winning it unreasonable

I don't think any round in that fight was a 2 point round

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

don't know what fifth round you guys watched where whittaker was either being dropped repeatedly or cowering in yoel's crotch but i'm glad two judges saw it similarly because whittaker rules

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://streamable.com/iseok

Dana's a fan of Mike Jackson.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/1005689973201240064

Colby stepping up to Bisping for some bants. Embarrassing.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/1005689973201240064

Colby stepping up to Bisping for some bants. Embarrassing.

It's like watching my cat play around with a crippled lizard.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I guess I'm watching more UFC because I really want to see Colby die in the ring.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I guess I'm watching more UFC because I really want to see Colby die in the ring.

you are welcome here

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

I guess I'd be content with him just dying of an aneurism or something, but in the ring would be good too.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I was worried that was going to happen to RDA.

Scored it 48-47 Colby but it’s awesome that his post fight win reel thing was all him throwing bunches of spazz punches and holding on to RDA for dear life. If RDA would have won it would have been a collage of clean knees, elbows, that huge left hand at the start of 4 and the hook he knocked Colby off balance with in 5.

Please Woodley, completely redeem yourself and knock Colby dead.

Anyway, Robert Whittaker has defeated a demigod twice now and is therefore P4P #1

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Whittaker v Gastelum next please

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
I can't believe a card that looked so stacked on paper ended up being so god awful dull.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Missed the fights, anyone wanna run down the cool details for me?

Sad Punk lost because he’s a rad dude but eh it is what it is. I’m glad he’s doing this for himself but he should know he’s in a rough position all around. Definitely done with main cards.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
yoel/whittaker was a cool fight. you really can't slip up for a second against him.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Foul Fowl posted:

yoel/whittaker was a cool fight. you really can't slip up for a second against him.

The Akuma comparison is spot on. It's not quite as good a fit as Eubank/Dudley, but it's close.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

they were supposedly using the new rules as well. they really need to standardise it. i sure wont hold it against whittaker though cos he was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Colby owns

• Locked thread