Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
There is a Mechanicus thread here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kibayasu posted:

If I was going to play Martyr again I’d probably start over but have they said how this patch will affect already created characters?

From the Steam page.

quote:

IMPORTANT: for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr players: Existing characters, their items and their progress are carried over to the expansion, adjusted to the new 2.0 rules and mechanics. Owners of both Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy won't require separate clients to run the game and the expansion.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ahaha, I was ready to jump back into this game and then a last minute 2 month delay.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

No idea! I'm going to blindly buy it and see how it goes. :v:

warhammer_fans.txt

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

Deathwing accurately presents the banal tedium of being a supersoldier in a suit of invincible armour fighting a never ending tide of enemies for your entire life with no real thanks or reward

E: remember the original dow cinematic where the guy with a heavy bolter charges at some orks? He wasn't mad he was just tired and kind of bored

For the Emperor :shrug:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm really enjoying the heavy flamer, it melts everything that comes close and it's ranged AoE burst is good for wiping out groups of ranged enemies.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How is Prophecy structured with the original campaign? I recently started playing this again but I'm thinking I'll restart with e Tech Inquisitor if I can do the whole original campaign with them.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm confused, does the Tech Adept have their own separate campaign? Can I restart the main campaign with a Tech Adept or could a regular main game class play the Tech Adept campaign?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Still haven't beaten the main campaign but I guess I'll just start over with a Tech Adept. Bummer I'll miss out on some story stuff though.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Only played a little bit last night but the new Tech Inquisitor is pretty cool.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If I just wanted to cruise thru the Martys campaign how long would that take? I have a level 20 Crusader that I was playing before I started a Tech Adept but Im thinking maybe I should put the Tech Adept on hold and finish the Martyr storyline first.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zephro posted:

Martyr is the base game, right? Prophecy is standalone and if I buy just Prophecy I can only play the NecromancerTech Priest, right?

Correct, Prophecy will get you only the Tech Adept and has a short catch-up campaign story wise before launching into the new campaign,

If you buy Martyr first you will also get a %30 discount when you go to buy Prophecy so if you wanna buy both make sure to get Martyr first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Game is pretty fun and it's on sale right now so probably worth picking up if it seems up your alley. If you enjoy the WH40k universe it's got good atmosphere, it's a competently executed ARPG and with updates has improved quite a bit since launch. It's about what you'd expect for the genre.