Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Holy god I am HOWLING. I want this game more than the real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

jeeves posted:

I showed my girlfriend, who is oblivious to this game or really any game, the Russian version of the Cyberpunk trailer.

She said it was the best thing ever.

Same for my wife, she was crying laughing

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Do you mean punished narratively?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The_White_Crane posted:

Either narratively, as in Dishonored where killing people locked you into a more gloomy storyline, or mechanically, as in Human Revolution where you got less XP from taking a direct combat approach than from stealthing around.

In the first case, I don't know if i would call that punishment; it's just different. As for the second, guns blazing is generally faster and easier than stealth, so the lowered rewards at least could be justified as a trade off. Plus you get more material loot from killed enemies, and the ability to thoroughly loot the area with no pressure after the dust settles.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Andrast posted:

Literally everyone ends up worse off in a High Chaos playthrough compared to chaos in Dishonored

Well yeah, but a different narrative isn't neccesarily "punishment for playing wrong". If it was definitely "what you're not supposed to do", why would you do a second Chaos playthrough?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Norton the First posted:

There is but one true Sonic

The back spikes add +15 CL

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Andrast posted:

I played on death march for like 30-40 and then just the game onto the easiest difficulty to get the combat over faster

How do you feel about the combat in Witcher 3?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Farrier Theaks posted:

Lookin for the pros/cons on CD ProjeKt Red

Pros: made the witcher series; still in early evolution of studio; still beloved by players

Cons: had some transfolk problems? also sure to become the blizzard of 2025

Can we please not start this again

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

Amazing how many people don't realize you hold down A to run in combat.

Yet another reason to be suspicious when you hear how bout W3 combat is.

Um excuse me no, the combat is bad because I found out that you can spam attack on the lowest difficulty and ignore every other fun tool and technique and it is boring tyvm

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I tried picking Satellite Reign back up for the same reason, but dropped it again. The autosave system is such garbage; having to replay 45 minutes of the exact same content because you misclicked a door and set off an alarm is Not Fun.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Alchenar posted:

You aren't supposed to restart then, you are supposed to go loud and shoot your way out.

The restarting isn't intentional, but tends to happen when you get wiped by guard swarms responding to the alarm before you can get to safety.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Using gyro for small precision aim correction (macro aim with the stick, make pixel corrections with gyro) is the right thing to do, but some reason I haven't seen it outside of shooters on mobile (where it works incredibly well).

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

SweetBro posted:

I actually think he's somewhat intelligent because of the things he did before SpaceX and Tesla. SpaceX and Tesla basically did nothing short of lower my opinion of him due to how many stories I've heard from friends who worked at those companies. Also I don't think anyone actually expects SpaceX or Tesla to be profitable, I feel like it's literally just buying lottery tickets for fin-bros hoping either become the next "first airline" type company.

That being said I don't know where this strawman that I said that his degree qualifies him to build rockets. I merely pointed that it is still a relevant degree. It's not like a degree in English Lit.

So do you loving suck in EVERY thread you post in, or

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Yeah that's generally the face people make when reading your posts

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

What an incredibly stupid waste of time

You got that right

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

My goal with the “thanks Elon now I can send my broke mom to Mars” posts was to make this thread as cyberpunk as it could possibly get and I think it worked.

P U P P E T M A S T E R

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I just wish we had the cool stuff and not just the misery

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

ZZZorcerer posted:

Lol if you think the billionaire's dream of terraforming other planets / living in space is anything other than ego and dreaming of living in some paradise apart from the rest of the (poor) population.

Like, "they're just thinking waaay into the future when resources are scarce" lmao

When resources are scarce because they made the concious choice to not use their billions to prevent that from happening

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rinkles posted:

What's the poison?

Chlorine compounds like calcium perchlorate, in high enough concentrations to be toxic to humans

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Yeah :ironicat: indeed coming from the poster with a rap sheet full of racism, white supremacy and misogyny a mile long. You should move to Mars.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The eternal bombed out wasteland setting of Fallout is unbelievably boring now, especially since some parts of the country actually already look like that lol. The novelty that the setting enjoyed in the 90s is gone.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
^^^
4 at least had tighter gunplay

stev posted:

The 50s aesthetic too. It was a cute novelty originally but it gets old after so many games.

It's frustrating that the devs have talked about nuking the NCR in future games set in the west because they want to preserve the wretched wasteland setting instead of letting in progress into something more stable.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
New Vegas' western frontier aesthetic loving rocked and made me think of Wasteland. The backdrop of an actual nation being built out of the ashes was a great direction too.

But nah, let's just keep the series in perpetual apocalypse lockdown with kooky 50s stylins, daddy-o! That's what the kids all like.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
What has always annoyed me about Fallout is how hundreds of years later, everything is still built out of stop signs and barbed wire. No log cabins, no efforts to patch walls up or have any semblance of comfort. Just rickety hovels for hundreds of years, because A E S T H E T I C

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Not in the originals ironically. There was a lot of adobe construction.

I think it's also a bit weird how the Bethesda fallouts never mention the Native tribes. Are we meant to believe they don't exist on the East Coast?

Interesting question. With how fashy the alternate history US is, it's possible they straight up finished genociding them long before the war.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I love that FO4 is supposed to be hundreds of years after the war and everybody is just living in an old gas station with the war-dead’s skeletons still right where they dropped.

Also, all of Boston isn’t underwater.

Yeah that's what spawned this whole conversation

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Want to get my hands on the program that they use to randomly generate entire Fallout games based on whatever parameters they enter.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

I finally got around to playing the Shadowrun Returns series. I love that there are all these indie studios making isometric RPGs and other stuff that my ancient PC can run.

Yes, yes, I know Dragonfall is better, it doesn't seem like a huge time commitment so I wanna play the whole series

You can play the original Returns campaign through Dragonfall, giving you better graphics and quality of life features introduced in Dragonfall.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Xander77 posted:

Wait, a moment... are you trying to tell me that the game designers believe that the way they've designed the game is... good? Holy poo poo. That is so shocking.

And not really relevant to the question of whether the game is well designed. (The "quick" way to Vegas, filled with invisible walls and linear cliff paths, outright requiring you to learn it's possible from an outside source and save-load your way past a number of deaths, was definitely not).

Or you could listen to what characters in game tell you, explore a little, and use the tools given to you to get through. But I guess that WOULD require a little bit of thinking, and that must be pretty difficult for some.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

If anyone could link me to the post where JE Sawyer calls a goon dumb I’d be so grateful

Got linked last page actually, it's why we're talking about it

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

You have bad opinions and also sound bad at playing video games

Bust Rodd posted:

"i should be able to play every game in any way I want" is one of the worst gaming takes to spring up in the last couple years and really speaks to the bizarre para-social relationship that social media has helped propagate. If a dev makes a game, and they want you to play it a certain way or a set variety of ways, but you want to play it a completely different way, they literally do not owe it to you or anyone else to accommodate you, like at all. That might make their game inaccessible to some, but that is there right as a dev.

I'm obviously not talking about true accessibility options, things like subtitles or color-blind modes, or the ability to remap buttons for the differently abled, that stuff is all good and fine and should be encouraged.

What the gently caress, I can only run to the right?! This Mario is not super at all, in my opinion. It is actually trash.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 23, 2020

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Not being able to scale an 80 degree cliff face with no climbing skill or equipment isn't "wtf invisible walls" bullshit.

Yes, I know there are in fact invisible walls there. Why so many people play games to... skip... as much of the game as possible baffles me.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
If I can't root through an office building for glue and clipboards I'm gonna be pissed

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rinkles posted:

you have to hump the air each time to make sure.

You probably should not play open world games if you feel the need to do this

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Yeah genre blurring is huge now. Like, what is The Division 2, a third person shooter or an RPG? What is Fallout 4, an FPS or an RPG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008