Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

esperterra posted:

We better get multiple Keanus

Cyberpunk: Infinite Keanu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Farrier Theaks posted:

Lookin for the pros/cons on CD ProjeKt Red

Pros: made the witcher series; still in early evolution of studio; still beloved by players

Cons: had some transfolk problems? also sure to become the blizzard of 2025

they make v i d e o g a m e s

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM7_oyCZqj0

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Average Bear posted:

This game is gonna be so sick. Cannot wait.

It is gong to be a video game

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

I don't think the Witcher was very mod friendly. I doubt Cyberpunk will be any better.

Here are 136 pages of witcher 3 mods

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Collateral posted:

They could implement an employment mechanic that requires you do jobs (quests) for your employer, like the polis, city sanitation board, that kind of thing. Fail or refuse enough jobs and you get the sack. You can get promotions and the like if you suceed.

Assistant HR Manager 2077

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

JBP posted:

He's openly attacking Pondsmith as a racist now. Also everyone that disagreed is a troll.

John "john Walker" Walker is loosed from his... website now, freed from all constraints of... conventional morality...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Saddest Rhino posted:

is john walker upset

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

chitoryu12 posted:

not giving The Witcher 3 a perfect score.

they what

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BexGu posted:

Considering Rule #6 of the Game forum rules is No GamerGate this is probably the time to drop it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bogus Adventure posted:

Will this game have teledildonics, or is that part of the DLC?

You can't spell the DLC w/out the D

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Eraflure posted:

I'm just going in with my good old 970 and hoping for the best

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Well put.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The beginning was a clotted mess, but the middle was very good. Loading times were horrific though, ssd is compulsory.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Alchenar posted:

The gameplay is fantastic. The level design is also fantastic (although suffering a bit in linearity in comparison to the original).

But there's almost nothing of it actually there. The prologue takes 5 minutes. The train station mission takes 5 minutes. The aug-city mission is the first proper mission. Fuss for a little bit in the hub. Swiss alps - second proper mission. Divali stronghold, third proper mission. Finale.

It took me~35 hours to finish, I'd have to check. The side quests are all fairly substantial.

E: yeah the naked greed of the dlc was real bad. You could pay $ for in game money

Ee: haha holy poo poo 64 hours, that includes a restart though

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 23, 2019

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Yeah, I came to it late, but that teaser trailer actually kind of made me want to play a psycho squad member, too. And CDPR was surprised by the HUGE interest the fanbase showed for Trauma Team, too, to the point where they've said it "affected their plans" in some manner. Apparently, we will be getting some sizeable DLC packages for the game, so who knows?

BULLETS ARE THE BEAUTY OF THE BLISTERING SKY

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Alchenar posted:

So having completed my re-run, I was struck by how every mission area is literally about 3 rooms. It's not just the game as a whole that's tiny - every individual component is tiny as well.

Its not short, I have 64 hours on it from a playthrough and a half. It is incomplete, you can feel the jagged edges.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I think they burnt a lot of goodwill with that terrible opening sequence, having angry barbed conversation with the bad Australian actor then going in to stop a helicopter being driven off by... Bad men? Then other bad men arrive, but golden? Then, sand storm?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That's very reductive, like saying half life is just trying to get out of a building. It's the middle chapter and they managed that in a crude and unsatisfying way, but there is a decent amount of good deus exing to be had. It's truncated, but it's not short.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Oblivion

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Syndicate is a stealth classic

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bust Rodd posted:

Transmetroplitan is so good and so enjoyable to read but it’s honestly really hard to go back and not violently convulse at how basically everything in that book is like 100% happening right now.

except the hero psycho journalist exposes the villain with journalism and the villain gets beaten, which, hmm

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Qmass posted:

Saw that the guy that did the 2012 dredd OST is doing music for cyberpunk. I don't remember if that was especially amazing music but it was a good movie and if they are cribbing poo poo out of it for cyberpunk I reckon thats a good thing. Plenty of relevant stuff in that movie.

Dredd music owns, actually, it's completely dumb and brutal. That's great news.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bear Is Driving posted:

Dredd's OST is great and perfect for Cyberpunk, fantastic news. My favorite tidbit about it is that the music for the Slo-Mo sequences was inspired by a Justin Bieber song slowed down 800%.

Inspired isn't quite it, the beiber track is a plugin (paulstretch) that turns everything you feed into it into sigur ros playing in a cathedral being washed away by the sea, the dredd track uses the same plugin.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Every game is only a game, and that's all they can ever be.

I just finally started playing Mankind Divided a few days ago, and I've been really enjoying it, even if I can already see how they had to cut some things. It is what it is, and I'm enjoying what it has to offer.

I am a one man cheering squad for this game because it's flawed, but it's still chock full of good deu sexing

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

How! posted:

I’m weird and the Witcher 2 was my favorite RPG for years until the third game; which just blew me away.

I never played a table top RPG so I don’t know anything about the Cyberpunk lore, but I’m sure this will be super awesome.

I heard they were going to have Dragon Age Origins style first acts based on your character. Is that true?

I really want a good single player game to get stoned to. I’ve been playing a lot of Apex and Destiny PvP and I want to just veg out to a good story with my potato rear end thumbs.

it will almost certainly be decent, it will almost certainly not be the jesus game that ends all need for other games ever

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bodacious cyber-norks

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Shooting Blanks posted:

Eh, the easy way to manage an inventory in this game while staying true to the setting would be to have automated vendor drones you can call to pick up stuff to sell. End of mission, full inventory? Call a drone, drop the stuff you want to sell, wait 10 seconds for the drone to show up, then walk away. Think of the courier system from DOTA 2 - except you always have priority. Maybe incentivize players to visit shops by giving them slightly better prices for being in person (a pick up fee), and of course highlight anything important to the main story or side quests. Maybe you can only sell certain items at shops, and only buy in person (or buy certain items).

Hell, they could even automate it to a limited extent - are you working on a non-lethal playthrough? Set it to autosell all guns you pick up unless otherwise specified. Lethal playthrough? Autosell all guns that are noticeably worse than your current one, or that you have no skills for. There is no requirement to do this, but for people who like to collect every little thing (I'm thinking about the Fallout 4 style collectors) it would make sense.

Inventory management will never be perfect or make everyone happy, but in this case there are in-universe ways to improve the experience.

This is brilliant.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

There is zero chance it's not going to be disappointing on some level, if that helps. Also cdp's games tend to be a bit janky out of the gate.

Still looking forward to it, obv.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

KakerMix posted:

I don't think you play Doom like I play Doom, first of all you are talking about using a controller where as with OG doom you don't even get mouselook.

Zaphod has said it better than I can, but Doom combat is a high energy flow state. If it stops it's because you've died, then you jump in and try again. Nu-Doom is a softer thing with like, training wheels on it to make everyone feel badass with a cheap animation vs. getting that high yourself by flowing smoothly on your own skills.

I strongly disagree with your contention, but it's not about cyberblyat so let's just keep thinking we're right and the other guy is wrong

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cythereal posted:

Also, the game gives you loads of cool ways to kill people, then calls you an rear end in a top hat and gives you a bad ending for using them.

That's why I never got into the modern Deus Ex games. I don't like the feeling of the narrative punishing me for using the cool toys and abilities the game gave me.

It does? I know the original Deus ex does that but do the new ones?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah that's a smart solution.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Lone Badger posted:

Saints Row 2 did it and yeah it works. Just circumvent any issues entirely and give people maximum flexibility to be whoever they want.

4 as well, I think?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

No, it just ties gender to voice, if the report is right so that could still work.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

lmao

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It's true, though

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bust Rodd posted:

Snowcrash was a book all my nerd friends recommended and so I read it and was like “how recently did you read this?” and they were all like “uh I dunno when I was a teenager, couple years ago...” and I was like “ok because it has some cool ideas but overall it is very, very, very dumb”

it's incredibly dumb, but i don't think you can accuse him of not knowing that when the main character is called hiro protagonist.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

so many gamedev experts in here i feel like im at gdc

Nice post, I can tell you made it to save dev costs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Look Sir Droids posted:

Eskel was still pretty miserable though, in a sadsack way. Lambert is just more of an rear end in a top hat prick.