Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
My favorite cyberpunk gun is from Infinity where a corp sold a defective vacuum cleaner that shot out garbage at lethal force on reverse setting. Criminals quickly bought up this cheap and untraceable weapon, and instead of recalling it the Corp leaned into it making "vacuum attachments" that made the thing more lethal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
the best cyberpunk gun is the laptop gun from perfect dark

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

the best cyberpunk gun is the laptop gun from perfect dark

>Might I sugest agin, a skul-gun for my head.
>Yesterday in Batery Park, some scum we all know
>pushes smack for NSF gets jumpy and draws. I take
>2 .22's, 1 in flesh, 1 in augs, befor I can get out
>that dam asalt gun.
>
>If I could kil just by thought, it would be beter.
>Is it my job to be a human target-practis backstop?
>
>Gunther Hermann

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
It would have been great to meet Gunther in a Jensen game

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Thundercracker posted:

My favorite cyberpunk gun is from Infinity where a corp sold a defective vacuum cleaner that shot out garbage at lethal force on reverse setting. Criminals quickly bought up this cheap and untraceable weapon, and instead of recalling it the Corp leaned into it making "vacuum attachments" that made the thing more lethal.

The true cyberpunk future: Where endless trash kills us all.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thread and my hype for 2077 is making me reinstall Deux Ex with the Revision mod, praying that it's as good as I hear.

edit: If you haven't played the Syndicate 2012 reboot, it's worth it just for the fact that there's a power that makes dudes shoot themselves in the loving head and it is incredible

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jul 9, 2019

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Syndicate is a stealth classic

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1148356890205839361?s=21

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The world will be inherited by Juggalos and Juggalettes

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Collapsing Farts posted:

The world will be inherited by Juggalos and Juggalettes
Let me be the first to go Woop Woop!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bozos are a clown gang in Cyberpunk. Owned lol

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Taintrunner posted:

Bozos are a clown gang in Cyberpunk. Owned lol

And the Julliard are a gang of performers, including mimes.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

sebmojo posted:

Syndicate is a stealth classic

:hmmyes:

It got seriously bad flack for being... well, not an actual Syndicate game.

It is, however, a pretty slickly produced and relatively imaginative FPS in a neato cyberpunk setting.
It's what I think of as a B+ game; it doesn't do anything great, but it does 'competent' with particular gusto.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Glad to hear the digital panopticon can be defeated.
But isn't gait analysis the new hotness on surveillance technology? I wonder if that's fooled by just wearing a dress or a long coat so your legs are partially obscured.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nothing is more cyberpunk than Juggalos coming down on the right side of political marches, their view on the Confederate flag ("gently caress it"), and somehow stumbling into facial recognition blocking clown make up being right the whole time. Nothing.

e: well some things are more cyberpunk than that.

ee: ...many things.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

The_White_Crane posted:

It is, however, a pretty slickly produced and relatively imaginative FPS in a neato cyberpunk setting.
It's what I think of as a B+ game; it doesn't do anything great, but it does 'competent' with particular gusto.

Yeah I was surprised. It's got some amazingly grim stuff, like a fitbit tracker for murder, and your partner just wading through a train shooting screaming passengers. And you've got some really interesting powers and not terrible weapons.

Trouble is the lighting makes it seem like you have conjunctivitis and the encounter design is just bollocks.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Spuckuk posted:

They should absolutely get Billain involved, he's a massive cyberpunk nerd and heavy as sin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ6QjjdTlwE part of an art project he worked on based on the dark scifi series BLAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZvbIyLF0Jk weird audiovisual collab thing

Billain is so dope. Some stuff gets really thrashy but his sound design and mixing between is pretty solid.

New BLAME! stuff this year too?? Pretty rad

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So technology can't quantify juggalos as people? Apt.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The_White_Crane posted:

i have actually been playing that game again. its not awful. the co-op is meh(but thats because no one places it) and the game has some weirdly ugly model textures. the story and world building is fun but i kinda wish their had been more too it. i do like how loving grim the world is where no ones lives outside the very top elites lives matter at all.

also another thing i noticed is how its basicaly a beta for the wolfenstein games, at least in the sense of combat controls and shooting and melee kills. probably because its the same devs.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

communism bitch posted:

But isn't gait analysis the new hotness on surveillance technology? I wonder if that's fooled by just wearing a dress or a long coat so your legs are partially obscured.

put a pebble in your shoe
a cyber pebble

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgke4ttqgF8

more new Billain audio/visual stuff.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Mindblast posted:

booooooo

bad take

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Mindblast posted:

Juggalos are actually on the right side of battling fascists so bully to them.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
In vaguely related anime/cyberpunk chat, I watched the recent Alita Battle Angel movie the other day and enjoyed it a lot.

Disclaimer: never seen an actual anime in my life and don’t intend to start.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

communism bitch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCrQu0VTUBs

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Has anyone mentioned Transmetropolitan yet?

If not, there's your eerily familiar Cyberpunk-ish work of fiction to look into this weekend.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Transmetroplitan is so good and so enjoyable to read but it’s honestly really hard to go back and not violently convulse at how basically everything in that book is like 100% happening right now.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Bust Rodd posted:

Transmetroplitan is so good and so enjoyable to read but it’s honestly really hard to go back and not violently convulse at how basically everything in that book is like 100% happening right now.

Warren Ellis used to have a message board called "grim meathook future" and never has that phrase sounded more appropriate than TYOOL 2019

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bust Rodd posted:

except the hero psycho journalist exposes the villain with journalism and the villain gets beaten, which, hmm

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
things could get better!

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

El_Elegante posted:

things could get better!

This is very much not Cyberpunk.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

AirRaid posted:

In vaguely related anime/cyberpunk chat, I watched the recent Alita Battle Angel movie the other day and enjoyed it a lot.

Disclaimer: never seen an actual anime in my life and don’t intend to start.

Mods???? mODS???????!!!!?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I also watched and enjoyed the ScarJo Ghost in the Shell movie, without having seen any of those.

:dealwithit:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

read the mangas before you even dare to speak pleb

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

No thx.

I will also play this game without having any experience with the source material/tabletop game/whatever the hell it is. Fight me.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

i cant believe this is happening

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Saw that the guy that did the 2012 dredd OST is doing music for cyberpunk. I don't remember if that was especially amazing music but it was a good movie and if they are cribbing poo poo out of it for cyberpunk I reckon thats a good thing. Plenty of relevant stuff in that movie.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
stumbled over this music video which feels p cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lan-Pjv99Xk

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

Nah. The Smiler is careful and ruthless. Trump is dumber than poo poo, but showed that being dumb and shameless beats cunning and manipulative in staying in power.

If Spider Jerusalem exposed Trump today, nothing would matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Qmass posted:

Saw that the guy that did the 2012 dredd OST is doing music for cyberpunk. I don't remember if that was especially amazing music but it was a good movie and if they are cribbing poo poo out of it for cyberpunk I reckon thats a good thing. Plenty of relevant stuff in that movie.

Oh poo poo that's awesome news

(yes it was an amazing soundtrack)