Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

esperterra posted:

So from the trailer I'm assuming Nero has a robo arm because Vergil is back somehow and took his actual arm so he could have his sword back, yes?

I haven't replayed 4 in forever so I can't remember if Nero still has his arm at the end of it or not lmao

I think the guy who took Nero's arm is probably the big bugman we saw in the trailer

Vergil probably breaks his way out of hell because nobody touches his precious baby boy like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
comedy option: it was Gene who was looking for the Devil Hand and was very very mistaken

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's going to turn out that if Vergil didn't rip off the arm Nero would succumb to his demon side/fall victim to whatever the bad guy's planning he's just very bad at explaining things.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm hoping the motorcycle is actually Rebellion because I can totally believe he'd find a way to transform it into a motorcycle at will

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
More like Teeth McSidekick

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
her face looks weird but the outfit is fine

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm hoping there's a level where Dante just stumbles across the fountain of youth and starts looking like DMC4 Dante again

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just cover Lady in dozens of bandoleers, as is fitting with her style

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I can't imagine Nocturne being canon in the DMC universe, considering what happens in that game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I do love how Trish rips off the Gloria disguise to reveal she was wearing more clothes underneath, somehow

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
DmC practically threw all of the S ranks it had on you so long as you used the axe, so I'm sure the reviewers thought the combat was just as deep and stylish as the other games because hey look, the game keeps telling me how cool and stylish I am!

Pomp posted:

i skipped DmC but there's no way any of the enemies in it are worse than chimeras and all the loving ethereal flying fuckers

It had enemies that were completely immune to anything but certain weapons

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think there was a small bit of lore in Bayonetta that implied Dante's mom was an umbral witch

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Am I missing something because everyone keeps saying it's his son but I don't remember them every actually saying that

it was in the DMC4 novelization which is apparently canon

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
also there is a DMC4 novelization because someone figured a series about superpowered demon hunters doing crazy stunts needed less visuals and more words

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Calaveron posted:

I inferred it just manifested itself one day in lieu of turning into a full devil when using devil trigger

yeah, his arm just started looking like that one day. That's why he wears the cast and takes care to hide the arm whenever he's around other people, nobody else knows

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the animation cancelling re-work sounds like an assload of effort for something that I've never really minded in previous DMC games, but if they can pull it off good on them

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DLC Inc posted:

"devil breakers will break if attacked" uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this sounds terrible

yeah this sounds really annoying

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

Considering they said Devil Trigger is still in the game it's not an either/or.

Pretty much all of these games have mechanics in play which encourage you to avoid getting hit or suffer both score and mechanical punishments in some form or another, as well as handicap items to let you get past things. "Your cool robot arm functions at its best when you're stylishing wrecking foes" is pretty Devil May Cry. It's a game that *wants* you to learn to play better.

I feel like the series already has enough incentives to play well (style points, looking cool, actually beating the game), I don't need another one that sounds like I'll have to do maintenance on my poo poo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I love all the butt rock of DMC but I gladly welcome this new poppy soundtrack we're getting from 5

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
cmon where's the grainy cell phone footage I need my fix

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
oh cool looks like arms only break when you use their "super moves" and you can just find new arms lying around, my worries about that system are gone

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hey cool Nero gets the Quicksilver style

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the arm explosion will most likely be this game's version of Nero's DT explosion from 4. An "oh poo poo" button if you get caught by an enemy's grab attack or just want some iframes

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
having the music tied to the rating system is the best change

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yeah they showed Nero using the Table Hopper move from 4 and Dante's gonna have the Trickster dash so you'll have your traditional dodge buttons

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it's gonna be Joe Baker from RE7. Crazy swamp hobo wrasslin' demons

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
when Nero shouts Gerbera I can't help but think about the baby food company

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

they have to be doing it on purpose at this point

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
They say Dante's sword changes based on his power so maybe Dante is now so strong and rad Rebellion turned into a motorcycle

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they're trying to get a reaction out of people

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yeah from what we've seen so far it's "DMC4 but even better somehow" so I have no worries about the DmC comments

I will miss the grenade launcher lvl 3 charge shot for Blue Rose though, RIP

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the 3rd character will be Terry Bogard

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pomp posted:

Which motorcycle gang movie is the motorcycle gonna be named after

Dante's an old man now so WILD HOGS

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
PAX just had a DMC5 panel, they showed off the other 3 Devil Breaker arms. Tomboy, which powers up Blue Rose to shoot flaming cannon shots and boosts the Red Queen's Exceed gauge super fast, Helter Skelter which is a big drill arm that powers up the more you mash the devil breaker button, and a 3rd arm whose name I forget that's a giant whip arm that slices and grabs enemies.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kikas posted:

:allears: this is a treat

Do we have a name for the timestop Devil Breaker? Or for that Crossbow/skateboard one? All these sound very cool and different, can't wait for some footage.

Punchline is the skateboard one.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Peewi posted:

Oh hey, they did actually also show the Buster Arm in the PAX panel. I didn't catch it from the start when it was live.

yeah they showed a bit of it with the Goliath boss fight. I'm still really curious what the Break move for it is supposed to be though

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's possible V is just another sidekick, like Nico

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Billzasilver posted:

Oh gently caress. Fuuuuuccckkk.

yeah it's cool we get to see some stuff early but someone is definitely losing their job for this

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Taste the Blood and Divine Hate are loving great pieces of music

this new theme, on the other hand, sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DoubleDonut posted:

Do the Let It Die thing and get a million bands to record a song titled "Devil May Cry"

If they got Akira Yamaoka to curate the band list I would be all over that