Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
standing desk provides great ergonomic functions,m

do U use standing desk??? what does standing desk do for U?!?!? ?

for me, what standing desk does for me is:
- arms at 90deg
- neck at 45 deg LOOKing down at lab top screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
when i was in undergrad i had two jobs, hard manual labor loading boxes for UPS and standing around behind a photo lab counter all day for walgreens

standing around all day was 100 times more painful than the manual labor and i don't understand how developers could be so divorced from reality that they could possibly think standing still all day was a good idea

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

I sit on a yoga ball, op

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Corla Plankun posted:

when i was in undergrad i had two jobs, hard manual labor loading boxes for UPS and standing around behind a photo lab counter all day for walgreens

standing around all day was 100 times more painful than the manual labor and i don't understand how developers could be so divorced from reality that they could possibly think standing still all day was a good idea

i thought the idea is that you stand until you feel like sitting down

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Perplx posted:

i thought the idea is that you stand until you feel like sitting down

you stand until you die

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I have an adjustable standing desk and it's pretty good

get one of them chef standing cushion things

pram
Jun 10, 2001
same op

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

OldAlias posted:

I sit on a yoga ball, op

totes forgot i have a yoga ball at home. i will re-inflate it with a powerful blow and then sit on it and bounce around on top of it

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pram posted:

same op

me 2 :]

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Corla Plankun posted:

sitting too much is bad
standing too much is bad
you must balance inbetwist for maximum good

that means like a half squat kinda position that you hold for hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Timestamped for relevance, but the whole scene it's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ReIhIiK2NY&t=28s

• Locked thread