Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

whalestory posted:

First post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Countblanc posted:

Do you mean air dodging because if so wew lad

Yes.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cicadas! posted:

I'm still floored. It's gonna take a while to get used to.

You've got six months.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DizzyBum posted:

The hardest thing about Smash is figuring out who to main. I like too many characters.

So far I've got:

Olimar
Young Link
Ganondorf
Fox
Falco
Lucas
Ryu
Ridley

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Not a Children posted:

They're gonna announce 2 more fighters

The display case showing off the new amiibo had 2 empty pedestals

Interesting.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DC Murderverse posted:

wait did Dr. Mario show up at all in the videos?

Yes.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

:lol:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zore posted:

Alternatively Waluigi is a dumb meme character made as filler for the sports titles and should never be playable in Smash.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oxyclean posted:

people said Ridley was a dumb meme.

The "Ridley for Smash" comments became a meme, but the character itself isn't. Waluigi is.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

New thread. What do we know so far?

Who’s in?

Who got cut?

DID MEGA MAN GET CUT??? :mad:

Every single character that's ever been in Smash is in the game, including added characters we have 65 fighters so far.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fulchrum posted:

Can't be a perfect copy if you're objectively inferior in every way.

Yeah but Lucina is an echo and he's inferior in every way, well, was at least.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Give me Goemon.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I am going to assume that they are saving the announcement of a Mega Man X character, stage, and musics in Super Smash Ultimate for a later date. :colbert:

Well, considering that they added Protoman and Bass to his Final Smash, there's not much else to add from the series unless it's Roll or Wily. Wily would be dope as a Bowser Jr. type character.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Also, give me Skullkid.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fulchrum posted:

Final smash being crashing the moon?

Hell yes.

Zero, son.

I loving WANT that Storm Eagle stage.

I don't see Zero happening because we don't have X, also because gently caress having another god drat swordsman.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oxyclean posted:

Can't watch the video right now - what exactly is the deal?

It's Nairo confirming that stage hazards can be turned off.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oxyclean posted:

Can't watch the video right now - what exactly is the deal?

It's Nairo confirming that stage hazards can be turned off.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

jivjov posted:

Not necessarily; the Miis could all just have a standardized moveset like palutena

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. It goes against the whole idea of Miis and customizing, but it doesn't matter if they're just balanced properly right off the bat and you don't need the customs anymore.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm going to assume the answer to "Is [blank] back?" Is usually gonna be yes.

"Usually?" Every character that's ever been in a Smash Bros game is playable here, EVERYONE IS BACK.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Here's the whole E3 presskit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/sets/72157670051600008

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/40947781330/in/album-72157670051600008/

Here's the full res image of the roster, 140MB.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

You can see the life drained from this man.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kaubocks posted:

falcon's forward smash (supposedly) is no longer his old elbow but is now a backhand fist

https://gfycat.com/FlashyHonoredBat

functionally the same but different animation

ganondorf now also has a sword attack instead of his elbow as well

All of Ganon's smashes now use the Sword, which owns.

However, is Falcon's knee restored to the greatness it once was?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

minusX posted:

Hey guys I just played at E3 and I haven't searched the thread but Krystal is an assist trophy sorry to everyone.

Oh and Nana dances when you grab do it doesn't look like you can wobble easily. ALSO YOU CAN'T SELECT NANA AS THE MAIN FIGHTER 1/10 S STAY WITH MELEE

Ganon uses his sword now which is cool. Idk questions?

Is Desyncing a thing at all with the ICs?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Why is he holding his mouth?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

voltcatfish posted:

I guess the answer is probably, but I stole this chart of what we do and do not know re: stages

At this point if they should just give us all of the stages.

Also, give us every single trophy to collect and then some.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MariusLecter posted:

Sector Z 64, plz.

Real talk, Corneria sucks rear end.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bleck posted:

you loving take that back

Never, Sector Z 4lyfe.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Simsmagic posted:

one thing smash 64 did that im sad none of the later games did was if you made a pretty miraculous recovery the audience would lose their poo poo over it

Thinking about this, you're right and that was cool as gently caress. I loved that.

Spectral Debt posted:

Having custom special moves fractures the game too much especially if the moves are gained from grinding and chance.

Have them all unlocked at the start.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gamerofthegame posted:

xenoblade 2 shouldn't be added cuz you're not going have the authentic experience of ten voice lines repetitively playing over each other

Bring on the titty swords.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oxyclean posted:

I remember them one of the later/last unlocks. It feels so weird to think back to how hidden stuff felt in the game compared to Smash 4.

Marth was a "middle" unlock, but Roy was second to last if you only did vs Matches right behind Game and Watch or required you to use Marth in single player without using a continue.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Amppelix posted:

You didn't have to just leave it, it was only 20 gameplay hours (outside of menus). Plus, multiplayer counts for ever player separately. You only need like a month of playing the game casually with friends for that.

"Only" a month. lol

I don't care what I'm playing but nothing should ever take a month of casual play to unlock.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nanigans posted:

I plugged in a second controller and left it on overnight and he was unlocked. 10 hours that way. Not too bad.

But that's just terrible design, "Just leave the fun video game running without playing it to get stuff." Just make the conditions fun and there won't be an issue; spike someone for the first time, get 3 kills with a Final Smash, play team/coin/stamina/whatever once.

I hope that with the starting roster we get the N64 menu screens, then we have to unlock the Melee roster and the menu will update to Melee's and then so on and so forth. By the time you get to the end you should be able to select what menu style you want.

I really wish they brought back the rotating/character poses you had when you were selecting players in Smash 64.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SeANMcBAY posted:

Also the actual menus need to be better. Usually they’re great but Smash 4 was an exception and needlessly complicated.

Hopefully Sakurai's wife isn't doing the menus again.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope she is just so the poor guy would get to see his spouse once in awhile.

Sakurai's the video game equivalent of a salaryman, he's going to die and rot away at Nintendo with Gamecube controllers in his hands; not seeing his wife is expected.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Supercar Gautier posted:

No, Young Link is definitely still from the 64 games. GBC Link had gigantic hair.

I really wish we got this GBC/LTTP/LBW Link for Young Link; such a great design.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zore posted:

Link is incredibly short.

In BOTW he is, but not in Smash. Young Link is was just freakishly big in Melee because I think if they made him the correct size in proportion to Link he'd be way too small.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Over There posted:

Toon Link needs to be stabbing people in the head and Young Link need to be turning into Fierce Deity.

For real.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zore posted:

Like remember his weird final smash where he creates an insanity zone spawned from his crippling inferiority complex.

To be fair, Mario never has a Goku-level fireball Kamehameha in any of his games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zore posted:

Its a fairly natural outgrowth of his ability to shoot fire though. Most Final smashes are some sort of call back or super-powered ability from the normal movepool.

Luigi's Brawl one was just weird as gently caress.

Luigi's is the same, just rather than a physical ability it's his emotional one becoming a physical one due to being in his brother's shadow for 30 years. :colbert: