Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

I beg to differ! Start watching at 8:47.

i don't know how i missed the dong when it was all i was looking for but here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

White Coke posted:

Has the game established when it takes place? I'm getting a 70s vibe, but if they said what year it is I missed it.

i don't think they ever mention it in game lol

but that certainly won't stop us from guessing

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Grizzwold posted:

I'm sort of hoping after these two bozos get out it turns out they're both after different Harveys and just sort of assumed it was the same guy. It won't be but I can dream.

:emptyquote:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

oh my god it's friday i got so lost in gdq

i'm so happy about this video

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Camel Pimp posted:

The whole escape in a nutshell, I guess.

i love vidfeo games and this amazing fan art

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

lmfao i didn't get this at first but skipping around the episode i totally forgot i was hiding in the bushes during their touching moment

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Woah woah no, no, not the dick!
Ah, hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot!
Oh, please! Please, my dick!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Garrand posted:

Honestly as dumb as this game seems it does look like its a legit fun thing to burn an afternoon with. There's not enough good co-op games nowadays.

let it be clear that my love for this game is completely unironic and it is the second best game i played that came out in 2018

P.S. the first best is bloodstained curse of the moon

P.P.S. i've only played three games that came out this year

P.P.P.s. the third game is dragon ball fighter z

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

Not shown: Leo realising that he left his gun behind and sheepishly going back to get it.

lmfao

SubNat posted:

They somehow managed to make it work with 2 characters getting turns at it. That was honestly pretty neat.

(Also I really like how the camera zooms out and messes with it's focus whenever Leo's fear of heights kicks in. )

https://i.imgur.com/eJ1hFE4.mp4

woah! that's neat! this is really hard to notice when you're playing the game because you're so focused on only your half of the screen

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

Crucial question: Did you switch seats after pizza?

hell no we didn't because we're dumb as gently caress

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

I liked the way that blocked door worked out for that guy.
I assume he's programmed to succeed whenever you are up at the vent. But at some point he'd grab that axe and would actually get through the door that way.

But the way it played out here is that he tried to push or kick the door a few times, shot it a bunch. Then he grabbed the axe, but decided to try a regular push one last time first. Incidentally it worked that time. The axe transformed into his regular gun during that. I love that Kaubocks lauded the game for it's excellent timing with regards to that.

in retrospect it's kinda easy to see the hard cut to him busting down the door so it's probably programmed to play right as we progress, but in the heat of the moment where all you're focusing on is your section of the screen it's pretty easy to miss :frogbon:

there's some more real cool timing poo poo coming later though

Garrand posted:

I did like the assassin just strutting down the hallway like the loving t1000, apparently not at all worried about the inevitably arriving police since he was just firing wildly in a public area.

in rewatching this i cannot believe i didn't comment on how he didn't bother trying to, you know, run to catch up

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

Aw, there was a Connect Four game in the lobby that you missed.

Vavrek posted:

WHAT. Gracious hosts, please, you must record a special episode to show this off.

Panzer Skank posted:

Is this LP informative or completionist? 100% LP?

Hellllllllllll no. We are dumb idiots who fuckin punched our way through this game. We missed a bunch of stuff. But don't worry!! We know we missed it. There's going to be bonus content at the end featuring all the things we waddled right past.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

life isn't fair for dumpy dads

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

You can't hurt anyone at that door, but shooting at the door does draw fire from the guys behind it. So you can advance by having one player draw fire and one weave their way through the obstacles.

this is neat but if true i'm gonna play the "bad game design" card because having a character say "we can't shoot them through that door" discourages you from trying!

the way the area is laid out makes sense for this to be the case though, since someone will need to remain in that area to shoot the explosive. maybe Leo says something less stupid? :iiam:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jade Star posted:

The door thing was the most intuitive possible solution. someone distracts, while some one else moves around to solve the 'puzzle'.

Kaubocks posted:

this is neat but if true i'm gonna play the "bad game design" card because having a character say "we can't shoot them through that door" discourages you from trying!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

near every other situation in the game that they want you to split up for, they do it pretty much by force or explicit mechanics. vinny got the flashlight and didn't fall rear end-first in the sewage system. in the hitman shootout one person needs to stay behind to operate the cover for the other to shimmy across. both boys were in different areas and thus went in different chase routes throughout the hospital. in the mansion complex alone we got split up because a ladder physically broke under my dumpy dad weight.

if the distraction IS the ACTUAL intended way to do it and not just have one person luckily run by, then what they SHOULD have done is have a little cutscene where this was like a balcony that one dad was hopping over but the other got pinned down by gun door fire, forcing them to stay up there while the other person found a way through.

just putting us in a room and saying "hey you can't shoot that guy!" naturally gives us one option-- run past them. we had no way of knowing there was an objective on the other side of the room that only requires one person. we had no way of knowing the other side of the room would DESTROY the door; i thought we were going around it!

edit: or yea vv even that

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 27, 2018

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

Also, this game takes place in '72, as we can see from Leo's tombstone.

nothing can stop me from pretending this game took place canonically on 4/20/69

maybe leo just bled out for three years before finally kicking the bucket

Geemer posted:

Now I can't help but wonder what happens if you press the Look At The Other Guy button during that cover sequence.

our "view objective" button up to that point iirc had always been L2, so just like every modern shooter L2 in gun segments is just "zoom betterer"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Camel Pimp posted:

Actually, this just occured to me: I'm never played Majora's Mask, but does it end with it revealing that Epona is an undercover cop and then shooting Link?

lmao ok so i have some explaining to do

it turned out once i got home and looked up what my friend had actually said, i am a dumbass. i asked panzer to edit that out but she refused because she likes to see me suffer. unfortunately for her i'm at least a dumbass with a justified reason for thinking what i thought.

in a discord server with myself and a few close friends, a couple of them were talking about (i think) Game Grumps. one of them posted this:

quote:

i didn't watch past the first 2 episodes of a way out because i assumed they'd get frustrated at having to pay attention to a game that has talking and story in it and give up after like 5 videos but they apparently finished it so maybe i'll get to it at some point
but otherwise i'm still current with them
even despite the majora's mask-ening

knowing i was soon about to go record this LP, as soon as i saw the words "a way out" i stopped reading to avoid being spoiled. however, out of the corner of my eye, i caught the final line... except in my haste to not read this post closely, i read it as "despite the majora's mask-ending"

and that's the story of why i'm the man i am today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Camel Pimp posted:

So the only thing I was spoiled about for this game was that there were two different endings, and that Leo grew a lovely beard in one of them.

Speaking of which

I felt compelled

incredible i love it

• Locked thread