Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Niwrad posted:

Two straight games Schwarber doesn't get an at-bat. Joe's gotta go.

I really hope it's just because he aggravated his injury but they're keeping it under wraps for mindgames. Otherwise, it's loving inexcusable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
:sigh:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:rip:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
On the bright side, it's gonna be cool as hell to tell the N/V thread I told you so.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
So brewers win tonight. What’s up?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/tom_zeiger/status/1046120920434266113

:thunk:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Trade Schwarber to a team that will play him. The man deserves better than being relegated behind Tommy loving La Stella.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Burt Sexual posted:

So brewers win tonight. What’s up?

If the Brewers win tonight and tomorrow, the Cubs would have to win tomorrow to force a 1-game playoff at Wrigley for the division, otherwise they are WC1.

If the Brewers go 1-1, the Cubs get the division if they win tomorrow and get a 1-game playoff for the division if they lose.

If the Brewers go 0-2, the Cubs win the division.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If the Brewers win tonight and tomorrow, the Cubs would have to win tomorrow to force a 1-game playoff at Wrigley for the division, otherwise they are WC1.

If the Brewers go 1-1, the Cubs get the division if they win tomorrow and get a 1-game playoff for the division if they lose.

If the Brewers go 0-2, the Cubs win the division.

Thanks

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Tomorrow they're going with the guy with 5.73 ERA :thumbsup:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Tomorrow they're going with the guy with 5.73 ERA :thumbsup:

lol we're so goddamn hosed.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

They're gonna limp into the Wild Card game, pull off a crazy bullshit win, then win game 5 of the NLDS, game 7 of the NLCS, and game 7 of the World Series while having a negative run differential in every series.

EYBS lives on. :patriot:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
gently caress

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Yeah, who knew that Yelich would have this crazy of a finish. He deserves the MVP though I’ll look forward to some regression for him next year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs should just put out the scrubs today. Milwaukee is not going to lose, and they're not going to beat them in the tie game, just rest up and get ready for the wild card game.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

the cubs should just put out the scrubs today. Milwaukee is not going to lose, and they're not going to beat them in the tie game, just rest up and get ready for the wild card game.

Montgomery gets the start so you're onto something.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I had a dream last night where the cubs won with a score of like 15-1

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
If by some miracle we win today, game 163 would be tomorrow, correct?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Your Taint posted:

If by some miracle we win today, game 163 would be tomorrow, correct?

Yep, since the NL WC Game is set for Tuesday

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
it feels like the cubs haven’t had a day off all month

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Yep, since the NL WC Game is set for Tuesday

Who'd go? Quintana, I assume?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Your Taint posted:

Who'd go? Quintana, I assume?

Hendricks should go since he could start it on normal rest and has been far and away our best pitcher in the second half even counting Hamels' crazy August, but it's gonna be Lester because merit means everything in this sport until the postseason when suddenly veterancy means everything.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Wouldn't it be a day early for Hendricks?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Oh yeah you're right, I need to stop doing math before having coffee. :downs:

So almost certainly Lester then, as he'd be going on normal rest.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Well this sucks but at least they don't have to play a game 163 plus the play-in game I guess. The Brewers won't amount to anything so I'm not too concerned about that but it sucks to give them the Division.

edit: this aged well

beejay fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 30, 2018

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol
Go cubs go

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Bryant had been on the DL for so long, and coupled with that I've often had to follow games on Gameday instead of being able to watch/listen to them, that I hadn't realized Bryant is using "Still D.R.E." as a walk-up song, which is loving awesome! :rock:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sydin posted:

Oh yeah you're right, I need to stop doing math before having coffee. :downs:

So almost certainly Lester then, as he'd be going on normal rest.

I think Lester for the tie breaker is best. Then if they lose they can go Hendricks for the WC, which is the true do or die game. If they win the tie breaker then you can go Hendricks, Hamels, Lester for the DS.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have never trusted Q, but if there’s a team he’s good against, it’s Milwaukee.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

So I'm on night shift and will be sleeping through most of tomorrow. I'd get up early and go gently caress it on little sleep but I'm doing 3rep maxes at the gym this week so nope.

Can y'all cub post extra hard and gently caress you Ryan Braun even harder for me?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mustached Demon posted:

So I'm on night shift and will be sleeping through most of tomorrow. I'd get up early and go gently caress it on little sleep but I'm doing 3rep maxes at the gym this week so nope.

Can y'all cub post extra hard and gently caress you Ryan Braun even harder for me?

If I could take some Hybernol and sleep through the entire postseason, I would. The playoffs stress me out so much.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If I could take some Hybernol and sleep through the entire postseason, I would. The playoffs stress me out so much.

Stress relief is why I joined the gym I did.

When I am there it is just me, the bar, and my coach telling me to be more patient over the bar.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hey remember all those offense-free games where the Cubs scored like 0 or 1 runs? :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
it's basically the playoffs time. that means it's time to kill the team threads.

• Locked thread