Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

g-c posted:

preciate it, thanks! I also found all 8 of my beads. I got 6 of them on my lunch break and the final two will have to wait until I can revisit the estate in NG+

last question! am I better off worrying about the rest of my skill points in NG+ or should I just keep farming this line I chose at the stairwell in the outskirts and get them before I do the final fight? im not sure if XP gains are better in the new game. I need like 17 more skill points to get them all and proc the trophy.

pretty sure the stairwell you're thinking of is the same one I used to get that achievement - where the chained ogre used to be, right? but that said, if you're going to play through ng+ anyway, just do it then. more exp than doing it in ng and you'll pick up a few spare skill points just playing through again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

World War Mammories posted:

pretty sure the stairwell you're thinking of is the same one I used to get that achievement - where the chained ogre used to be, right? but that said, if you're going to play through ng+ anyway, just do it then. more exp than doing it in ng and you'll pick up a few spare skill points just playing through again

yeah that's the one. I've been killing those guys over and over to grind out enough sen to upgrade my prosthetics lmao. but yeah I'll just do NG+ for the rest of the stuff since I really wanna get this platinum sooner or later

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I’d just keep rushing bosses on subsequent NG+ runs. I got the platinum last week after Genichiro on NG+3. Once you’re on the last few XP you need 70-80k per level and the bosses give 20-30k themselves. The game only takes a few hours to go through if you skip past picking up all the ceramic shards and pellets.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Steve Jorbs posted:

I’d just keep rushing bosses on subsequent NG+ runs. I got the platinum last week after Genichiro on NG+3. Once you’re on the last few XP you need 70-80k per level and the bosses give 20-30k themselves. The game only takes a few hours to go through if you skip past picking up all the ceramic shards and pellets.

Not to mention certain skills are locked behind other endings.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Raposa posted:

Not to mention certain skills are locked behind other endings.
They are, but you don’t need them for the achievement. Only the ones you buy with skill points.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
sword saint is a mother fucker. dead in my tracks

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

g-c posted:

you can do it, I know you can

just remember that hesitation.......................................... is defeat

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

g-c posted:

there's a reason he's the final boss. whatta fight

there's also a reason why the game is named Sekiro, not Isshin. let him have it!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Do the gauntlets of Strength scale with NG+ cycle?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Near the endgame and realized I'm missing one final prayer bead. Discovered it's the one in the attic above Tengu. Guess who's blocking my path with a fog gate to get it.

Finally got him down to his last life but my foolproof bullshit strategy of simply mortal drawing my way through isn't working as well as it has the rest of the game. Gets his first life bar down to 50% immediately though. Main life drainer seems to be not being able to run away fast enough when he jumps up for the stomp; guessing I'll have to unlock the camera for it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Run away and jump just before he lands to avoid the shockwave. Then immediately use the grapple point that appears on him to zip back and punish.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I recorded a DoH phase 1 a week ago cause I was bored. The jump is 13 seconds in, you just need to recognize all the fire and run straight at the camera. No unlocking required.
https://streamable.com/utvs4m

(I was rusty please excuse all the missed parries)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Time_pants posted:

Do the gauntlets of Strength scale with NG+ cycle?

No, both you and the enemies are locked to a fixed level no matter what
The only things that affect the difficulty of the gauntlets are having the Bell Demon or giving up Kuro’s Charm

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
i think i’ve got phase one down with being in his face and getting perfect deflects + double ichi. i ..think.. i’ve got phase two figured out with mortal draw as long as i can time his overhead jump correctly. still haven’t beaten phase two yet tho. almost did this morning

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I just used the flame umbrella for Demon of Hatred's belly flop attack. I had a way harder time with his charge because I could not stop trying to dodge it instead of just jumping clear.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
i did it. i beat sword saint isshin. holy poo poo

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

g-c posted:

Now do it on hard mode. :getin:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

g-c posted:

Well done gamer

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

fixed

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

So, uh... the new Sakura Dance Combat Skill is... um... well... it's really good. Holy poo poo. It's really, really good. I can definitely see why it was locked behind Gauntlet of Strength because, yeah, obviously. loving just... *gesturing incredulously*

That's a 1 SP skill, is it? Okay.

On an unrelated note, I'm making my way through NG+ because I never got the total bastard ending the first time around and I'm trying to play the game differently from how I did the first time through. One thing I've been wondering is what Prosthetics everyone carries around as their general-purpose loadout. I always defaulted to Shuriken, Spring-loaded Firecracker, and Magnetic Umbrella, but that is getting pretty boring and stale on a second playthrough, but I barely experimented with Prosthetics. I'm really not sure what's even good or generally useful outside of those three.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
i’m gonna be honest i think variations of shuriken, long spark, and umbrella are all that i’ve ever touched. i hear the lazulite poison dagger is alright. i haven’t even tried the whistle or the leaf, etc and i don’t know what they’re good for lol

on an unrelated note, i spent 40-50 hours beating the game for the first time and immediately dove into NG+ and i’ve almost completed the game again already for the purification ending. wild how that works

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Divine abduction is really strong once you get the knack of it, it lets you backstab loads of stuff immediately. It also instantly deletes monks. This isn’t an exaggeration it just one shots them

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

g-c posted:

i’m gonna be honest i think variations of shuriken, long spark, and umbrella are all that i’ve ever touched. i hear the lazulite poison dagger is alright. i haven’t even tried the whistle or the leaf, etc and i don’t know what they’re good for lol

on an unrelated note, i spent 40-50 hours beating the game for the first time and immediately dove into NG+ and i’ve almost completed the game again already for the purification ending. wild how that works

apparently the leaf instant kills monks on senpou which is useful. the whistle is great for drawing people out one by one or making dogs/monkeys fight each other.

the one i never use is mist raven. i can't figure that one out at all lol

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

fun hater posted:

apparently the leaf instant kills monks on senpou which is useful. the whistle is great for drawing people out one by one or making dogs/monkeys fight each other.

the one i never use is mist raven. i can't figure that one out at all lol

Mist raven is just ultra dodge. You have to get the timing right. Use it when about to get hit and you’ll scoot through the enemy to hit them from the flank (also works for lightning reversal). When fully upgraded it does fire damage as well.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

g-c posted:

sabimaru will instantly poison pretty much any enemy in fountainhead palace

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Lazulite Sabimaru was pretty instrumental to me being able to get past those Snake Eyes motherfuckers and Orin on my charmless run.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

g-c posted:

it's because you achieved enlightenment :haibrow:

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The game goes much quicker when you don't hesitate.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

not hesitating is victory

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

QED

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

skasion posted:

Mist raven is just ultra dodge. You have to get the timing right. Use it when about to get hit and you’ll scoot through the enemy to hit them from the flank (also works for lightning reversal). When fully upgraded it does fire damage as well.

You can also use contact poison with it, the weak rear end poison item 'hits' for minimal damage but let's you trigger mist raven whenever you want.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Raposa posted:

You can also use contact poison with it, the weak rear end poison item 'hits' for minimal damage but let's you trigger mist raven whenever you want.

yeah take some poison with the fire mist feather equipped and you play the game like Sonic 06 but also you're on fire

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I think I spent about 2 hours on Jinsuke and finally beat him, I understood the strategy and watched videos of the fight and of course they make the deflections look really easy and simply but it really isn't.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

It's been about a year since I platinum'd this. Thinking it's time to play again~

I wasn't here for updates, I remember they added some boss rushes and player messages/death ghosts - anything else?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

It's been about a year since I platinum'd this. Thinking it's time to play again~

I wasn't here for updates, I remember they added some boss rushes and player messages/death ghosts - anything else?

Outfits and an OP new skill as a reward for the boss rushes

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the boss rushes also have new special bonus bosses at the end of them

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Cool! Now I got a decision to make - start from the beginning or pick up my old save

Might be fun, once I shake the rust off, to go charmless + demon bell on NG :getin:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Last night I got Isshin to his final deathblow, and I hit the capture button forgetting how many deathblows he had and nearly died as he recovered. Luckily I had a revive left so one lighting reversal and he was dead again. It was pretty funny.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Oscar Wild posted:

Last night I got Isshin to his final deathblow, and I hit the capture button forgetting how many deathblows he had and nearly died as he recovered. Luckily I had a revive left so one lighting reversal and he was dead again. It was pretty funny.
My first go around I finished him off right on the edge of the cliff and nearly fell off while trying to get in position for the final blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Sakura Dance is great and makes sweeps a joke. Also it combos with axe prosthetic in midair.