Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Apologies if this has been discussed to death.

Although i am calm and not panicking, i'm curious as to when i should cure dragonrot. So far i think only a few people have come down with it (sculptor, crow merchant, and someone i haven't met yet). Is it a good idea to cure it periodically? Once like a hundred people are cursed? Never?

I'm not all that far in or anything, currently fighting the guy on a horse (gonna get that fucker today), but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

One real boss down, I knew all I needed was to sleep on it (and a grapple slash).

Now I just unlocked yet another upgrade path and I have no idea what to focus on. Is ichimonji good? I've barely used the whirlwind slash.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Can i block this Flaming Bull? I probably totally can can't i? He's big and scary so i didn't even try. :supaburn:

also
https://twitter.com/insidematthieu/status/1112103744181817344

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah cool, sounds like I have all the tools I need to take him down. Just need to put them all to use.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Yeah, the first instinct you have when fighting that thing is to pretend you are a matador, but you are not a matador.

I just saw a guy just bait it into charging, then deflecting it over and over. Did huge posture damage and it took around a minute before he dropped it.

It was cool as hell and I'll never pull it off.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

jit bull transpile posted:

OK, so I'm now able to either do blazing bull or the drunkard. I'm dodging like crazy against the bull but he wears me down eventually and if I try the parry strat he seems to max my poise and burn meters instantly.

For drunkard I can clear his guys and get the sneak attack but again if I try to deflect my posture just gets maxed and I die.

I have one prayer necklace and one memory. Is there any Stat boosts I'm missing? I upgraded my shurikens once but don't have the materials for any more prosthetic upgrades.

After deciding yesterday that i would never make it past either of those and was just going to hang up the game forever, today i just killed them both. So i'll add some things that helped me (in addition to everyone else's tips)

Bull: specifically using spinning attack when he was turning around instead of a couple regular slashes seemed to help do more damage. Firecrackers will stun him for a bit, i had better luck using them after his health was half gone, but they can definitely give you some room for damage or just to heal. They seem to have a 20 sec or so cooldown before they'll work again.

Drunk: while the npc is tanking him you can hit him with oil+fire arm to cause him to freak out and really take him down fast.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 5, 2019

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh neat i found a picture of me fighting Long Arm Centipede Sen-Un

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, i went from "hahaha, well gently caress i guess that's the end of my Sekiro career" on Genichiro to getting to the second phase (mostly) reliably.

Now, if i could somehow make myself stop doing poo poo like: "oh that's definitely his thrust attack-->somehow mash every button except for mikiri counter" waaay too often.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Blaziken386 posted:

People's reactions to GA is a thing of beauty :allears:

I just ran across him yesterday. I had heard those words, but I still wasn't prepared.

Anyway, I beat the boss at the top of the castle, killed some other monkeys and got a fancy new sword so it was all in all a good day.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Deified Data posted:

Dororo and Kimetsu no Yaiba are good animes if you need more Sekiro fix

Also Sword of the Stranger

Tarezax posted:

Japanese media has never been shy about combining historical settings with supernatural poo poo

Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqFJJyAVx-Q

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

More like friendipede :kimchi:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm so bad at fighting this angry Ape that NPCs in other people's games are going to come down with Dragonrot. Possibly even NPCs in other games entirely

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Went from giving up (again) because I'm old at Bad at Games yesterday to blowing through Ape 2: ape harder, O'rin, Corrupted Monk, and a Snake Eyes I'd forgotten about in short order.

Now, something seems to have changed and I'm not sure what that means exactly but I'm hoping I can find one more bead before I have to find out.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

God drat it, you don't get to name yourself Lone Shadow and then have your friend jump me when i pop in to say hi :mad:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Is there a consensus on whether the skills that allow you to carry more spirit emblems are worth it? I only took the one you need to on the way to Breath of Life.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Terra-da-loo! posted:

There actually is an amount of alcohol that I find helps me with this kind of game, but it's a razor's edge to walk before it slows me down instead.

Hmm, that sounds like me and bowling, maybe the same principal will apply for this.

And hi there fellow "stuck on Owl" person. It's made worse for me because my younger brother keeps texting me with his progress reports and he just took him down.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/saru_rkgk/status/1123198349858021377

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:hmmyes: