Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I only have one question as I begin this game

is there a way to sheathe your hanzo steel rather than running around with it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

early(?) game question

when I was first let go into the open world from the Dilapidated Temple, I immediately went to one corner and found the old lady and got the bell and since then I've been making my way through this memory area and gotten two basic-seeming shinobi tools. now I'm stuck on this boss in this big arena of fire where he's just a big bitch with a stick and a lot of little dudes and it turns out I've died so much I'm starting to make my friends sick. meanwhile, my friends have gone in a completely different way, so I'm wondering if I'm doing some stuff that is really meant to be above my paygrade? should I leave and come back here later?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what are you meant to use on Guardian Ape's second phase?

e: just kidding I beat it right after posting it, y'all know how this poo poo works

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 5, 2019

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Imhotep posted:

Edit: nice! Now go to the room after poison snake eyes, there’s a surprise waiting for you.

why would they do this.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

can someone give me some vague clue about how to get to the good ending? I got the sense that it's a secret that I have to do before a certain point a la Bloodborne and its umbilical cords. I just beat Owl

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kild posted:

You're already locked into the good ending, its just the better and true ending you have to do stuff for.

yeah that's what I want a vague hint about!!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

thank you for the help before, finding the guy who sells persimmons got me in the right direction. I've got a new one for you

I'm having trouble executing an antiair deathblow on the Shichimen Warrior in the Great Ape's Burrough. any advice for those that have tried this?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

if I'm doing the Return ending, is it possible for me to be sitting at 3/4 prayer beads? I'm trying to figure out where this last one I'm missing is so I can get my ninth prayer necklace before dying to Isshin more. I'm pretty sure I've beaten all the minibosses before they became unplayable and gotten all the ones lying around according to guides, but I'm not sure

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Skypie posted:

Unless he unlocked the second trip to Hirata, he'll be stuck at 9.5 necklaces

Anyway, my guess is he's missed a couple I lined out in an earlier post that are the easiest to miss

e: here's the post I laid out earlier

I'm 95% sure one's up in that goddamn attic, which you know good and fuckin well I cannot access right now

e: also I got the Frozen Tears but didn't do anything with Kuro, so I wonder if I'm even on the path I think

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

my favorite attack that isshin has is the one where he jumps on top of you and causes your camera to unlock so your guy turns around and he hits you square on the back

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

sinburger posted:

I hope instead of a sequel we get "spiritual successor". Focus of the gameplay mechanics and don't worry about shoehorning the plot.

no let's go see what fuckshit is going on in China as Wolf takes the Rejuvenating Waters chick on a journey to return the dragon or whatever's meant to be happening

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

getting into a back and forth rhythm against Lady Butterfly is one of gaming's best moments

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

something I'm still unsure of a year after beating it is how much time is meant to have passed between the events at the Hirata estate and the game? I remember Wolf remarking on the year when he asks the wounded person at the beginning of the level

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

skasion posted:

Three years. It says so onscreen the first time you enter the memory

so your guy was just in a hole for three years? and Kuro hasn't aged any?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

codo27 posted:

I know the game is a few years old now but it looks and runs beautiful in 4K maxed out.

sekiro came out 15 months ago, don't give me a heart attack like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sekiro and Bloodborne are the best games they've made, but I'm glad the Dark Souls games were there to finance From on the way to the good ones