Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Control Volume posted:

I havent watched any of this game since the initial trailer but heres the scoop:

you play a wooden robot ninja that murders a bunch of japanese samurai motherfuckers, and probably a bunch of ogres. one of the bosses is a lady who is a snake. Every boss is eight feet tall for some reason. you descend into japanese hell and fight some hell demons. One of the bosses is a lady who has an umbrella. There is going to be a mountain area, and right before this mountain area is going to be the poison area. One of the bosses is a lady who is a ghost or something. You get to fight skeletons with katanas. You have an honorable battle against a guy thats just a repeat of sir alonne. You know those poison dart fuckers from cainhurst? better believe those guys are back. Every preview uses the word "verticality" at least once. You are definitely going to be ambushed by ninjas.

So it's kinda Ninja Scroll: The Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Has anything been said about how the world is? Is it the typical "openish" Soulsborne world with a bunch of interconnection and shortcuts to open or is it a linear experience?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Awesome, thanks.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wait what? I thought it was out on the 15th. Ahhh, gently caress.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This guy is dumb as poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ZeeBoi posted:

Hey gently caress you buddy it’s been in previews posted by gaming outlets so go soak your head

So? I've only watched the first reveal trailer and nothing else, having not read any previews other than the idiot who shat on the game because he doesn't like anything Soulsborne. I don't know anything about the game other than you're in Feudal Japan with a wooden robo arm and you have to stab dudes and get revenge. Not everyone is trying to lap up all the information for the game before it comes out, thanks for spoiling it though I guess?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Look Sir Droids posted:

lol getting mad about a few features being "spoiled." It's not like anyone told you Rosebud is the sled.

You joke but that was ruined for me before I saw the film. :(

Gumball Gumption posted:

I get where you're coming from and that totally should of been spoiled but why are you reading the thread if you're planning on going in blind? Like what are you even looking for if it's not info about the game?

Goons tend to be good about using spoiler tags, and I just come for general info that isn't tied into story and the like, like when I asked if the game was linear or open world. I mean poo poo, even in the Bloodborne thread people are spoiling things about Sekiro.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I meant using spoiler tags, my mistake. They haven't spoiled anything actually.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ZeeBoi posted:

Oh and definitely don’t watch this Easy Allies preview: https://youtu.be/kXKtIOGJmgo especially not around the 24 minute mark unless you want your feelings hurt by spoilers :(

Is "people not wanting things spoiled for them" really that hard to grasp? It has nothing to do with feelings either, lol.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ZeeBoi posted:

The reviews will mention this feature lol

I'm sure every review will mention it and everyone is going to read or watch a review. This is a dumb hill to die on.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bloodborne was only 30, people I guess were expecting a solid 60 for this.

RIP Console players.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guest posted:

Super glad Sekiro is launching on PC, and apparently From finally got their poo poo together with the Dark Souls Remastered port, so looking forward to one of these games being fully functional for once.

From didn't make Dark Souls: Remastered, so lol, expect the same issues from their other PC projects that hopefully modders can fix.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Play The Last Guardian on standard PS4, it's a headache inducing slideshow. I had to take breaks from it because my head hurt the whole way through. Incredible game though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I don't think boost mode fixes the framepacing issues.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yeah, just looked it up and boost mode doesn't do poo poo for load times or framepacing, but only keeps the frame rate at 30. Good job From.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm so glad I don't see this poo poo. Most of my favorite games of all time (and movies) are purported by others to be rough around the edges. I can't imagine how lame it must be to not enjoy some of these things.

Can you see the difference between any of these?

https://www.testufo.com/framerates#count=6&background=stars&pps=960

Sakurazuka posted:

TLG owned and I feel sorry for anyone who couldn't play it because it got a bit juddery sometimes.

The whole game is sub 30 frames and it drop as low as 10-15. It's miserable and it's also frequent. Fumito Uedo strives to create incredibly beautiful games and experiences that aren't mean to run on the hardware they're released on.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What he's saying is what you're basically saying, there's very few builds in Bloodborne that are generally good all other builds are basically worthless unless you're doing some gimmick build because you're a minmaxing poopsocker that's mastered the game. When everyone's build basically ends up being one of two things, there really isn't much of a point in a stats system.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

scary ghost dog posted:

the point is to allow players to choose between health, stamina or damage when they level up, and to add an element of verisimilitude to their character progression. it wouldnt be an rpg if any character could use any weapon or tool

But you can build yourself in Bloodborne to use everything, it's possible, by the end game you're hitting softcaps and diminishing returns and you can just dump stats into anything that's low and have an all around build that can use any item.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m gonna just say yes, hearing Japanese will improve the atmosphere of playing a game set in ancient Japan.

This, it's set in Japan so I prefer to hear the Japanese. I wouldn't want to play through Bloodborne with Japanese VA because accented English fits better in a game set in a world super inspired by Europe.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They could make tens of millions selling a euro weapon DLC to alt righters

Is this a thing because lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Deified Data posted:

The only real concern I have for Sekiro right now is its longevity. Not just total playtime, but I hope the game has some staying power and isn't complete on a single 30-40 hour playthrough.

lol, jesus christ how long do you want the game?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Deified Data posted:

As I said that's a perfectly acceptable length. I'm not going in expecting more and accept this is not a Souls game. I'm just saying I would like it to be a game we're still playing in 5 years and discovering new stuff in even then.

With games being datamined weeks before release in this day and age, the only thing that's really ever knew is strategies and glitches that'll change things up.

I'd prefer a game that's 15-20 hours with a bunch of branching paths that'll require multiple playthroughs to see, and just drat good gameplay worth replaying the game immediately after the credits finish. RE2 recently did this, 6-7 hours for one playthrough but it's so drat good that I crammed in 8 or so playthroughs within two weeks of release. On the other hand I got the Platinum Trophy in Bloodborne in a week because I didn't have gently caress all else to play or do, and I loved it but 60 hours (less at this point since I wouldn't be struggling as much) to see everything again would suck. Thank the heavens there's NG+ so you don't have to hunt down your favorite weapon or level your dude again. I can see wanting to have a 40 hour game in Sekiro, and if it is I hope there's some sort of New Game+ to keep key things so you can blow through the game easily on subsequent playthroughs.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sauer posted:

I'm worried this game might have minor flaws which would make it utter garbage and not worth a spending a single penny. If this game isn't perfect in every way and be exactly like the soulsborne games, From will have effectively stab their fans in the back.

When the last time a game had so many nerds having anxiety attacks about a kickass ninja assassin action game?

Ninja Gaiden maybe?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

You're worried that a new IP isn't copying an old one? What?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm worried about From's ability at telling a story in a traditional narrative sense

I mean, Bloodborne had a fair amount of living people to tell a story but I wouldn't call it's storytelling traditional. I don't think we'll see that method of storytelling in Sekiro either with characters spouting exposition and such.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can't wait for someone to make a Strider Hiryu Mod for this so I can Schwing Schwing up in this bitch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah a stream I watched pointed out that the guards don't react to seeing each other's corpses, making it feel like a game that isn't trying to emulate perfect realism. It really does feel like Tenchu

Thank loving christ, the last thing I want in an hard rear end action game with stealth elements is having to play it like lovely MGS game having to hide bodies or making sure I kill people in the "right" areas.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Preload complete, I'm surprised how small the game is.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ZeeBoi posted:

Is it 12.5 GB? That’s the size for PS4.

13-14GB thereabouts.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

setting the clock ahead on my computer just in case

Speaking of which, can we VPN ourselves to Australia tomorrow to get it unlocked early? I did that for RE2, will that apply for Sekiro?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

JBP posted:

Which platform? Also I don't see why it wouldn't. PS4 always unlocks at midnight here in Aus, at which point I'm off and playing with a big head start on everyone.

PC, I also don't think this happens with all titles but only some, usually bigger name games.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Look Sir Droids posted:

When does this actually unlock if I’m in Central time? Steam says 1 day and 16 hours from now. It unlocks around noon Eastern on Friday?

It seems like it? I hope that's wrong.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I think Monster Hunter World unlocked at 9/10AM or some stupid poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm using TunnelBear to VPN to Japan but the game says it isn't released. How do I change my region in Steam?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Andrast posted:

Neither really blew my socks off.

Horizon in particular was just yet another AAA open world game. I guess the combat was pretty fun but didn't carry it much further imo.

I'm curious as to what you think were better.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's a good list, I respect it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

So when does this game actually drop for people not using a VPN? 12:01 tonight?

On PC, according to Steam, 22 hours from now. So 9AM Friday.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MMF Freeway posted:

wtf how do people manage to do this poo poo so fast

It's the same engine as before so people have experience modding From games, it was probably a simple model swap.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is there a stream of this to watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Andrast posted:

Those parts are good!

It's most of the poo poo between them that sucks!

Like the actual gameplay.