Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

question! dragonrot increases from :

dying and rezzing back at a statue

or

using the resurrection power to live on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Every subset of these, other than "neither", has been posited by someone. There's a lot of information out there and it's hard to know what's true.

im glad of this answer now i dont have to care and can just have fun

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

omg the chained ogre gently caress that was fun as hell aaaaaaaaaa yesssssssss this game is all the buys

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i gotta say this game is fantastic

i got to genichiro! by accident

jerk wouldnt let me warp out!!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

I wanted to give DS2 a fair shake now that I've gotten more experience with Souls games and slightly less fear of spiders, but whoops, the only version of DS2 on the ps4 is SOTFS and a lot of the changes are kiiiiiinda poo poo, which doesn't help when you're playing the low point of the series

ds2 is my favorite ds :shobon:

so how the hell am i supposed to fight these snake eye bosses =0

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

not!Ornstein was a fun, if easy early boss on standard DS2
on SOTFS, I literally cannot get to him because whoops there's a dragon and a bunch of Heide Knights and Old Knights who follow you into the dragon's area.

and that's one of the first areas.

There's some good changes (torches being more useful, for one), some weird changes (moving around most items), and then there's changes like that.

its dumb that they didnt have a selectable toggle for wether or not to use the original layout or not.

i ADORED SOTFS having played thru the original run of ds2 a half dozen times. it was like a new game plus in itself with the new placements. much, much harder. and fun

are there any standout upgrades of the prosthetics that people would recommend? i know that the purple umbrella is great for the headless and spirit enemies but i dont know about the rest

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

even if lady b blocks a shuriken toss, she will almost always disengage backwards and you can steer her right into a wall and get tons of risk free hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

confetti is farmable from the pajamas samurai inside the upper ashina castle area. it helps to have rung the demon bell/ taken the drops up skill but yeah you can get a bunch from it