Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Any PC streams yet? I'm curious if it'll do ultrawide and > 60 fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

How's ultrawide with these fixes? Trying to decide whether to wait till this get more properly fixed or dive in

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I think the default controls are kinda awkward. I moved attack/parry to the triggers (L2/R2) and cycled the other things to RB/LB. Makes it feel a bit more comfortable to me.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I'm enjoying the game but the difficulty is more severe compared to Souls so I can understand how people are getting frustrated. More than Souls the worse you do in Sekiro, the worse things get, and there's not a good way to get out of that spiral except bashing your face until you get it. Making players doing badly get even more nervous with the rot stuff, even if it isn't actually that significant, exaggerates this effect.

Having to clear the boss arenas to repeat them can also make it feel more like a slog. With Souls you actually can repeat bosses cost free if you keep grabbing your souls each time. Here, you get a straight up death penalty you can't avoid. Consumables are more important so if you keep failing too much you might need to go grind up some more which is something I've never done in any of the 5 Souls-y games. You can't grind up stats though so this is just grinding to take another shot at a boss.

Tip: there's a skill on the top row that gives health on deathblows. That one makes a big difference.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

This is completely nuts because I played all PC Souls games with a controller, but I'm actually doing a lot better with Mouse + KB (vs the Xbone controller I was using). I had to tweak the settings but I just killed one of the bosses I had been struggling with.

I think maybe it's because I have a lot more computer FPS time than anything else and the quick response on parries I'm a little better with good old WASD. Block is RMB, Dodge is Mouse 4, and Jump is space. I'm hitting those more intuitively than trying to muddle through the controller equivalents. Worth a try for other people sucking at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I want From to make another first person game. Shadow Tower Abyss needs a sequel.