Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Hey thread I was told I'd be able to give Emma some sake by a friend of mine but as of right now the only person I can give a drink to is the Sculptor.

Is there a certain point in the story I need to be at or is my game being weird?

I have Ashina, Unrefined and Dragonspring Sake plus some Monkey booze? Does she just have really picky tastes? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Depends on what you've recently been told to do by the characters. If you can give Emma gourd seeds, you should also be able to give her any of the sake you're lugging around. If you can only talk to her and there's no sub-menu, you should go do what she wants you to do first.

I've been told by Emma that the power of resurrection comes from Kuro's dragon heritage and that I'll be revived repeatedly but she doesn't think the power of resurrection comes without a cost so I should let her know if I notice any more changes.

Cowcaster posted:

for whatever reason she won’t take sake while she’s visiting the dilapidated shrine the second time after the start of the game. i have some dragonspring that i know i’ve already given to the sculptor and isshin but there’s no option to give it to her.

She leaves the shrine at some point???

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

You're clearly still very nearly at the start of the game, so I recommend that you just give it some time. If something about an NPC doesn't quite work as people describe it, chances are good that you just aren't at a point yet where you can do it.

I just beat O'rin so I feel like I've played a decent amount of time but ok I'll just keep rolling till Emma decides to take a sip I guess.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

You kind of have but you've done so in a way that doesn't progress the story and thus won't trigger changes in NPC behavior.

Cardiovorax posted:

O...kay, you apparently have. Sorry, with how surprised you were to hear about Emma leaving (which happens fairly early if someone doesn't specifically take the side-path you seemingly did) it sounded like you were much less far into the game than you are. The first time she leaves happens after the Genichiro boss fight at the top of Ashina, which is basically an entirely different direction, but also something you literally cannot miss.

Ah alright I found the idol's for Senpou Temple and the one in the castle after climbing the roofs, I backtracked after that and explored around a bit more which resulted in my running into fuckin Seven Spears and some Samurai talking about Shamisen music so I wanted to find out what was up with that and just made my way into the well after spending a bit fighting the camera against the lone swordsman in there. :argh:

so if I just ended up doing things in a weird order that's good to know, I'll go check out Ashina more next.