Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Steam is letting me pre-load this game now. I'm very excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
someone please tell me how to kill these fish. they are even more infuriating than crystal bugs ever were. water dash + thrust doesn't work, just attacking doesn't work, NOTHING works

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

JBP posted:

Just jump off something onto their heads and swing? You're talking the big orange fish right?

the treasure carp. most of the time they're too deep and you whiff, other times you just whiff because ????

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
this cow is painting the floor with me

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Why is this purple ninja in the estate so loving hard. I've died more on him alone than the rest of the game and this is after leaving and doing other stuff and coming back.

Please someone give me one weird trick to kill him, I'm dying here.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Thanks for all the tips on the purple ninja. I beat him the attempt after I posted about it through sheer force of will. Played a little more, and found myself back at the tutorial area. Guess who was waiting for me in the well? Another loving ninja, but this time with two health bars. I think I'm done for tonight. Loving it so far.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I just killed Genichiro on top of Ashina Castle and I'm kind of at a loss as to where Kuro wants me to go. I go out the window and the only Nightjar smoke jars I see to follow are the ones I followed the get up here. I checked them all again, but nothing seems "obvious" about where to go.

it's not a big deal since there's a couple places I can go but it's bugging me I can't seem to find the "main path"

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Hmmm I feel like I should have found this Ashina style unlock a lot sooner than I did. I've killed Genichiro and made a bunch of progress into Senpou Temple and a bunch of other optional areas. Wasn't until I went back to horse boss area looking for Isshin to continue the story that I stumbled upon this guy.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Post-Ashina Castle spoilers The Guardian Ape is probably one of the coolest and most fun bosses From has ever done. And then I got to round 2 in the depths when he hollers for his wife and holy loving poo poo I cannot get the rhythm of this fight at all. The wife has a pittance for posture but he won't leave me alone long enough to finish her off and I die over and over.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Major spoilers: did I make the wrong choice? The credits are rolling but this can't be it, can it? I killed Emma and Isshin and Owl and the games over?

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Eraflure posted:

bad ending :toot:

this game is fantastic

Well gently caress. I worked real fuckin hard on the bad ending bosses. I was only honouring the Iron Code :(.

Since I guess I'm going there soon, what carries over into NG+?

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Augus posted:

seem to be getting close to the end of the game now.
does the game immediately restart on NG+ when you beat it or can I go back and get the other endings after I'm done?

I was not able to get different endings after inadvertently choosing the bad one and ending my game.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Jose posted:

Any tips for second headless because lol

Grab yourself the purple gourd, sprinkle yourself in glitter and be aggressive. If you perfect parry their swings there's no terror buildup, and the gourd gives you some swing room if you mess up. They're scary but just like any enemy in this game if you're aggressive, but not reckless, you'll be fine.

edit: oh you meant the second ape fight. be chill in phase 1. when his wife shows up, deal with her as fast as humanly possible. throw firecrackers, pop ako's and get rid of her, then be chill again. I found if she stayed around too long, they get to a point where one of them is never not attacking.

Martian Manfucker fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 26, 2019

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Late-game spoilers: So Ashina is burning and I decided to take a detour to see what was going on in the outskirts and after fighting my way through literal hell and a million Interior Ministry soldiers I reach an idol. And well, now I know why I have to do my own sculpting in the Dilapidated Shrine. Poor Sculptor. He's a Shura now.

I wish I hadn't hosed up my first playthrough and gotten the bad ending because this is all so loving hard on NG+.

Martian Manfucker fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 27, 2019

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I fought the final boss for two hours with the bell demon on before noticing.

I'm not sure if it's my brain, but the perfect-deflect window seemed way smaller in those two hours than in my subsequent couple attempts. That's in addition to the reduced posture/attack damage you do(or increased enemy HP/posture, whichever it is). I managed to no-hit phase one with two perfect consecutive parries on his big combo once the demon was gone. It felt amazing and then he fuckin pasted me in phase 3.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I can't kill the last boss. I've gotten to phase 3 maybe 6 or 7 times and I just cannot wrap it around my brain. Phases one and two are seared into my brain and I can do them well enough that I'm coming in to phase 3 with 10 gourds, all my emblems, and all my rezzes probably 75% of the time, but he pastes me in seconds. The horizontal slash + back jump he does gets me every time I try to be aggressive and his spear combo is hard to read and demolishes my posture when I gently caress up. I don't think I can do this fight and it's making me sad.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Anyone know which memorial mob the drunk one is? Google isn't helping me and I can't remember ever meeting a drunk one, but I have his rot essence.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
The final boss on NG+2 (my first time fighting it) was harder than my owl dad in hirata on NG+3 (also my first time fighting it, I hosed up my endings real bad playing blind) for me. I can only assume I have reached pure zen and nothing in this game can stop me now.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
just finished up the last achievement I needed for 100%.

see y'all when the DLC drops.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Lightning Knight posted:

Plot/boss spoilers for later in the game:

I just found Owl at the top of the castle, where he asks that you abandon the kid, and I've been fighting him, about how much left of the game do I have? I've been mostly spoiled for what's going on and I'm not very concerned about the plot, I'm just curious on percentage wise how far I am into the game

You're in the home stretch. I'd say more than 2/3 depending on what you've left to do later and what ending you're going for.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Your Computer posted:

okay I beat the True Corrupted Monk :toot:

https://youtu.be/V39yYBX_WoI

Good news: she was fairly easy compared to my last couple of bosses, which was very welcome
Bad news: I beefed it near the end and got one-shotted, but the run was otherwise really nice so I kept going with a resurrection

I still feel a bit bad for "cheesing" the first two phases but otoh I already have a 5 minute long video of me chipping her down with that moveset in the earlier fight so I don't feel too bad. I also show off a very minor but kinda silly glitch at the very start. As for the fight:

She has a very small moveset! The difficulty in the fight comes from the fact that she can chain things in different ways so you gotta be on your toes and react with the right counter for each perilous attack since it's not always possible to know which one it's going to be beforehand. I did notice some rules to it though:

- if she does a perilous from neutral, it's always headworms
- her left-right swing combo is the bread and butter and what she chains different attacks from
- - if she chains something after the first hit, it's always a short sweep (can actually be countered by dodging to the right) followed by either a slam or headworms
- - if she chains after the second hit, it's either headworms or a long sweep (must be jumped)

with this I feel like I've officially made it to the endgame in this run, which is a lot further than I thought I'd get. Good times :sax:

This is your asterisk. (good job)

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I 100%ed this game way back at release and just booted it up again to check it out and see how rusty I've gotten. Imagine my surprise when I see they've added a boss rush with new bosses. After two days of trying I finally managed to string together a run to beat the first set of bosses and got that cool weapon art but I think it might be time to admit that the game has beaten me and the other two are beyond me. It's really hard to kill that many bosses in a row without dying.

Just for my own sanity, does NG+ level affect the boss rush? I think my save file is on NG+7 or 8 and if it makes it a little less punishing to start over and try I might do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Dracula Factory posted:

What controllers do people use to play this on PC? Every time I try to get a controller I end up disappointed. I even sprung for an official ps4 controller a while ago from amazon, but it turned out to be some sort of bootleg or bad batch, it stopped working fast and other people had the same issue. I want to maybe just invest in a ps5 controller since I'll probably get the console someday (do they work well on PC at all?). But I don't know a reliable place to get "real" ones and my friends just use console controllers so I don't know of a good budget option.

I don't own a PS5 but I bought the controller to use specifically for PC. Works fine with every game I've tried with steam's native support for it.