Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Conot posted:

I'm having real difficulty in what I presume is the early game.

My two bosses of choise at the moment are Horsey Spearguy by the Gate and Juzou the Drunkard.

Both of them hit like a shedload of bricks, and I'm struggling to get past them because of this.

I feel like I'm missing something, because while I can deflect a lot of hits, I can't do every single one and then they'll hit me for 75% of my hp.

At the moment I'm getting about one token off before dying to either one of them. But thats using a lot of resources (oil and emblems for Juzou, Fireworks for the Spearguy)

Is there something I'm missing? Are there specific phases when I'm supposed to be getting my damage that I'm not seeing? Most of the time I either end up getting guard broken by too many repeated attacks that get guarded instead of deflected, or I go for an attack and get slammed out of existence for my folly

For horse man: parrying him while he's running at you will force him to stop, fire crackers do a shitload of posture damage and will stun him/the horse every so often, grapple to him if you see the prompt as this stuns him for a second

For drunk man: There's an npc in the reeds that you can talk to for help. If you go through the building on the left you can stealth kill a few guys and one of the shield dudes. One viable option if you can manage is doing the stealth route then take out the rest of the henchmen while dodging his attacks is run away until he resets then stealth deathblow him once he turns around and starts walking back to his starting location. Then book it for the reeds npc and mash through his dialogue so you have to do 1 deathblow with a helper npc. More generally, he's really slow and vulnerable when he's drinking from his jug, a lot of his stuff can be avoided by dodging around his side for follow up hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Davincie posted:

anyone know a faster way to grind xp then the burning area. ive done every other trophy and boss but i still got like 15 levels left and grinding is boring

The upper tower antechamber idol has a dude right next to it you can stealth kill for a bunch of xp and then run back and reset.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

Running around before the final boss, still short 3 prayer beads

Either there's a few minibosses I haven't found, or I'm gonna have to go diving in every puddle I can find

If you haven't done stuff to trigger a revisit to the estate you aren't getting 2 of those regardless.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

Got all these already, unfortunately.
I looked up a list, and apparently I did miss a miniboss? There's a Loneshadow hanging out by the Great Serpent Shrine idol during Owl's invasion, but when I went there, all I found was his impaled corpse and a Dragon Blood Droplet. Guess someone else already killed him? I'm gonna blame Tengu. Stop takin' my kills, Sengoku Batman! :argh:

Seems like I missed the one in Mibu Village and the one near where you first meet Tengu, so I can wrap those up pretty easily. Still, slightly annoyed that I won't have max health for the final 3 bosses.

Check the box by the training guy then to see if there's a bead for sale.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

I beat Battletoads.
I beat Mike Tyson.
I beat Zelda 2.

Hmm...in terms of notoriously hard stuff, those are the ones I can remember. Funny, all NES titles.

But I couldn't do this one. I've given up. Disk ejected. Disk put in case. Case put on shelf. I spent way too much time getting nowhere on satan. I wish I'd hit the wall earlier. I would have given up much faster had it not been the last boss. But I'm totally burned out. Maybe they will patch the game so that there is a save after the cut scene, a la Owl 1.

If you mean the one where the name changes, there's a 0% chance of that because that's considered a single boss. The other final boss is the same way.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

AlternateNu posted:

So, I was kind of on my way to doing the Return ending, but I didn't know you had to spy on Kuro in order to trigger it. So, I exhausted all the dialogue I thought I could get, got the snake bits, persimmon, and the rice ball from Kuro thinking that was enough. So, looks like I'm stuck with the regular ending for my first playthrough. :/

That being said, I just took down DoH and was having flashbacks to the Demon Princes final form from the DS3 DLC. It was a pretty fun fight once I realized you just have to stay on his crotch. The camera is super rear end in that fight, though.

Also, took a few tries at the end boss to check them out. Now I see why everyone dunks on Genichiro. Failson to the max, indeed.

You shouldn't need to do any eavesdrops for that one, if you didn't open up [spoiler] the second hirata estate bell [spoiler] for the other ending you're out 2 prayer beads and a memory but as long as you gave kuro the rice you should still be able to get it.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

AlternateNu posted:

See. I gave him rice. And he made the rice ball for me. But I didn’t know there was special rice you had to give him and the only way to get it was to consume or give away all the rice you had accumulated to that point so the rejuve child would get sick and accept the persimmon.

Of course, I don’t figure this out until after I hit the point of no return.

If kuro made the rice ball you should be able to get the ending you want. Everything else is divine child related.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think I've upgraded my health... 3? 4 times? I can't remember. I think it's the maximum number of times you can do it at this point in the game, unless I've missed some huge side path.

And you mean Lady Butterfly? Yeah, I was doing even worse until I went back and killed her - I wasn't even able to get past his first form without that upgrade.

Exactly what prosthetic move can you cheese him with? I tried using sherukins when he uses the bow, and that kind of worked, but in the end just getting in his face was way more effective. Everything else I've tried seems to be less good than just, you know, sword.

Firecrackers are a free unblocked hit on almost every boss.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

bike tory posted:

So this Corrupted Monk boss is a major damage sponge huh? Most of my swings didn't seem to do any damage at all, and the ones that did only took off a tiny chunk. It ended up taking me like 5mins to kill her. Was I doing something wrong?

She's an apparition so you do gently caress all without divine confetti

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

dyzzy posted:

Vaati's newest video has this too- something changes if you interact with the sculptor enough and Sekiro will recognize the demon as him. That blew me away, I assumed his response to the old lady was feigned ignorance.

I wonder if the requirement is sharing every type of sake. My first playthrough I only forgot to use the dragonspring sake and I've never been as thorough after that.

Another cool thing I learned from the video- use Mibu balloons in front of the praying lady post flaming bull!

I think it's you have to do an eavesdrop on the sculptor/emma when the shinobi first invade and she goes to visit him at the temple, then talk to him once she's not there. Nothing else really seems to matter.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

HaB posted:

You literally can. I have beaten the game once already and never saw it.

...how did you get to the sunken valley?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

I dunno if they have a specific weakness, TBH, I just smack 'em around.

Also - go to the Great Serpent Shrine right now to fight a time-limited miniboss, otherwise you won't be able to get all the prayer beads. (across the bridge near the Old Grave idol)

Fwiw I never went there and the bead eventually popped up in the box.