Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Early game tip:
Do all of the training exercises with Hanbei. Doing his first free battle opens up some really useful tutorials that helped me beat the first tough enemy pretty easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Kingfish posted:

Sekiro good? Should buy?

It's like if Bloodborne and Tenchu had a baby with Dark Souls bonfire checkpoints. I'm lovin' it!

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have a deep and abiding love for (Ashina Castle enemy) the flying Tengu coming at you yelling "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Probably the biggest surprise laugh I've had in a From game.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I feel like the combat is finally starting to click with me. It took me a while to remember that not having a stamina bar means that I can always sprint around big guys and away from their grab attacks. Fights got a lot easier when I started just holding block if I wasn't sure I would know the parry timing. And fighting dirty with prosthetic tools. And being aggressive! More aggressive than I was in Bloodborne! The only reason why I am not up in someones face is if they've backed me into a corner or they've knocked me away from them. I killed a lot of minibosses last night.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Hell yeah I love the combat in this game. It's hard as poo poo but the only thing that feels remotely unfair is the slightly oversized hit boxes for perilous attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

areyoucontagious posted:

I can’t beat general tenzen yamauchi. Cannot do it. Guess this is where I’m done. What a silly, easy boss to eat poo poo on. 9 tries at this point. Every time he sweeps I roll, every time he thrusts I just take it. gently caress

I still have a real hard time with sweeps, jumping just isn't in my soulslike lizard brain yet. For the General miniboss, I stay far out of his reach unless I'm attacking. If he's too frustrating, take a break from him! I recommend moving past him, by the broken bridge behind his arena. Progress a little further and you'll find prayer beads elsewhere to power you up. Then come back and spank him.

Also you can abuse him with the firecracker tool, it staggers him, as does throwing ash in his face. This game wants you to be fighting dirty.