Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

SciFiDownBeat posted:

:eyeroll: it's never going to happen. Sony is the publisher, mind. Sony

it single-handedly sold a lot of PS4s by itself, so maybe

condolences on your toxx though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

SciFiDownBeat posted:

if I toxx that bb2 won't happen, then, by the laws of the universe, it has to happen. Haven't you ever read "The Secret?"

It's a foolproof plan, you see

ahhhhh :hmmyes:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Look Sir Droids posted:

The most important You Died enemy in Dark Souls is gravity.

this, but walls or other obstacles

in the heat of battle, there is no escaping the wall you just rolled into :gibs:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

much as I can slice off a quarter to half of a boss's life bar with a matchlock in Nioh, I hope I can set up a boss for a visceral by blasting away their poise with the hand cannon :pray:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Strong Magic shield making you invincible and Crystal Ring Shield nuking everything was fun in DS1 before they were fixed.

the absolute horseshit of the Sacred Chime/Sanctum Shields gave me hope

I still talk about greatshield jumping attacks to this day, since they were that good

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Solaire showing up out of the blue would be more entertaining than annoying, if only to lend more credence to the whole "timelines are really hosed right now, so we're phasing in and out of places"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

"あなたはクレリックではないですか?"

*kicks you off a cliff*

"this smacks of betrayal," I holler as I fire my grappling hook into Patches' forehead, turning a dangerous trap into complete poo poo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

some plot speculation: Is anyone else getting a Painted World vibe off of all of this? small child as your master, "stagnation", a disease that causes wasting? I wonder what's up that's causing everything to start sputtering out.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

someone looked extremely hard at a steampunk arm once and thought, "I wonder how I can fit an axe in there"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

grappling hook installed in my hand, the greatest mystery in all of Soulsborne will be revealed: the truth behind the elevator between Earthen Peak and Iron Keep

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

i don't typically watch streamers but the prospect of watching a polygonner with bananas for hands stumble their way through a soulslike does sound like it could be genuinely entertaining if not for the reasons they intend

pithy comments about the caste system of the land punctuated by the repeated yelling of the player character dying over and over

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Tenchu is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

:hai:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

here is some wild footage of the newest FROM Software game, "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Your Computer posted:

I haven't met any horse boss so I guess I'm just not far enough in the game yet?

currently struggling with the bell memory thing. You take so god drat much damage in this game, like simple pushes or kicks with zero windup deal half your HP. The kind of "attack" that in the Souls games just pushed you back.

I'm extremely bad at this game, it's hard to read what your opponent is going to do, how many times they're going to do it and which one of your several options you should use

beware of chicken therefore try fire

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Your Computer posted:

I'm currently bashing my head into this purple shinobi and I think I just don't understand parts of the combat yet - I'm trying to just parry/dodge to get a feel for the moves but sometimes parrying works and other times it doesn't and I can't figure out what's going on yet

I figured out that if a symbol appears over your head, you're not going to be able to parry it at all whatsoever, so get ready to dodge, backstep, or jump over whatever's coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Whirlwind Slash isn't bad! Just have to be prepared to use and hopefully the crowd's prepared enough to poise break or fall dead at your feet.