Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Kongming posted:

Reminder that this demon

Looked like this in SMT 4

its cos they had the kamen rider guy do some guest artwork i think. bear in mind the demon "chemtrail" was new for smt iv too and that one is really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I was friends with a fat kid on my street just so I could play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater on his Playstation. Then I got the game for Christmas and stopped talking to him

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

spb posted:

this but game informer and Fable

woof

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I was friends with a kid pretty much only because we played the same snes games as each other, but I stopped trusting him when he kept telling me that you could do a hadouken in Mega Man X. I felt like instant pain 10 years later when I found out he wasnt a little liar

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

spb posted:

When Tony hawk pro skater 2 got the first 10/10 from game informer it blew my mind and I got the game that weekend.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

spb posted:

Ouch lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I was friends with a kid pretty much only because we played the same snes games as each other, but I stopped trusting him when he kept telling me that you could do a hadouken in Mega Man X. I felt like instant pain 10 years later when I found out he wasnt a little liar

Lol. Even when people were telling me this like a year ago when I was playing the MM games I thought they were loving with me

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
being a kid and blindly following review scores still saved me from the fate of every other kid where youd go over their house and their options were Glover 64, South Park Racing, South Park 64, and if youre lucky Army Men Sarge's Heroes

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol. Even when people were telling me this like a year ago when I was playing the MM games I thought they were loving with me
Because it sounds completely insane. One of the reasons I liked Mario RPG as a kid is because it was full of this kind of stuff, and just a ton of weird intriguing areas and minigames that seemed like they held bizarre secret poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I rented Bubsy multiple times as a kid and never got past the second stage

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We lived outside the US and games were hard to find where we lived so when we got new SNES games on vacation back to the US I'd read the pamphlets from the case for like 5 weeks before being able to play the game when we got back home. Donkey Kong Country 2's artwork is tattooed into my brain since that was an 8 week vacation.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I feel dirty admitting this- but I drank the drat cool-aid and backed Store Citizen...

And not just the basic ship either.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I feel dirty admitting this- but I drank the drat cool-aid and backed Store Citizen...

And not just the basic ship either.

Oh Christ. Have you not seen the Star Citizen sucks megathread, the second star citizen sucks megathread, the hell thread, the Everest and Star citizen sucks megathread, the Star citizen sucks forum where they doxx and harass the assmunch devs and forum users who like Star citozem, or where they made fun of a deva wheelchair bound wife? Come the gently caress on dude. Mods, permaban this man.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

i still remember explaining the steps to you in chat and your increasing levels of suspicion as they occurred until they hit maximum levels and you watched a youtube video

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

trying to jack off posted:

i still remember explaining the steps to you in chat and your increasing levels of suspicion as they occurred until they hit maximum levels and you watched a youtube video

Yeah I guess a qcf motion IS pretty hard for a guy who let Bob beat him with Vegeta

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I just remembered this one

For my birthday when I was like 6 I was begging on my hands and knees for Castlevania: The Adventure for the Game Boy. My dad was hyping me up every time I asked him if he got it for me and he'd say stuff like "well you never know what you're gonna get! :3: " and other ominous poo poo

The day of my birthday comes and I see my gift wrapped and I even said "this looks way too big to be a Gameboy game" and he said "maybe it's a surprise". Hours later I finally get to open it up and...it's a game boy carrying case. It was a lovely generic black one that was a 12" square and had that lame foaming inside

I was so loving disappointed and even mad internally but I was socially aware enough to make believe it was a great gift and I thanked him profusely for it

To this day I have no idea why he was loving with me or why he wouldn't spend ten extra bucks on me to get me the actual game. The only thing I can think of was that he actually thought that was a better gift than the game lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Also he worked wacky hours and would always stop at the video store to rent us games and one day he came home with Adventure Island and I jumped up and down like I was excited even though I already had the game :) I really have no idea if lying to spare people's feelings is a common trait in a six year old but I had it for some reason

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That reminds me of when I really wanted an NES and my grandmother gave me a christmas gift that was a big heavy box and confirmed it was game related. I finally got to open it and after the first layer of wrapping paper there was a note inside saying "YOU WILL BE SURPRISED!!!!" -- well, I finished unwrapping it and it was some special edition of the CD-ROM version of Oregon Trail that came in a big wooden box, and I didn't even have a CD-ROM drive on my computer, so yes grandma I was surprised.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

i probably played 100 hours of it at the library on their computers go though so it ended up being a pretty cool gift

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

goferchan posted:

That reminds me of when I really wanted an NES and my grandmother gave me a christmas gift that was a big heavy box and confirmed it was game related. I finally got to open it and after the first layer of wrapping paper there was a note inside saying "YOU WILL BE SURPRISED!!!!" -- well, I finished unwrapping it and it was some special edition of the CD-ROM version of Oregon Trail that came in a big wooden box, and I didn't even have a CD-ROM drive on my computer, so yes grandma I was surprised.

Haha I couldn't imagine trusting grandparents to get a console game, let alone a pc one. "hmm why yes I do think his PC has dos 6.2 and 24mb of ram now that you mention it"

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
One christmas I asked for Guilty gear XX on xbox and my parents got me isuka.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

goferchan posted:

lol

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

when i was like 7 my step brother loaned me sonic r and his saturn cause I thought sonic was the coolest guy in the universe at the time and i accidentally deleted all his 100% complete saves and panicked then stayed up all night getting all the secret gems and emeralds and poo poo in one sitting

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

Win.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my new demon is that after wormskull posted about playing quake champions for 9 hours i caved and claimed my free copy even though i have only ever flamed the game since it was announced and will soon learn to play the extremely aids new duel mode, see you all on the other side

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

my new demon is that after wormskull posted about playing quake champions for 9 hours i caved and claimed my free copy even though i have only ever flamed the game since it was announced and will soon learn to play the extremely aids new duel mode, see you all on the other side

2v2 TDM is the good poo poo methinks, or just playing it 90s style maybe where you play TDM and gently caress around. I don't know the maps enough to do duel or 2v2 yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The pros seem to all agree that the 2v2 TDM in this is really good but they'd rather play another Quake as far as duel.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tdm is always good and thank god bethesda made every other game mode worse so more people play it now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish the 4v4 would have the 30 second weapon respawns so it was actually a little more interesting to play but I guess that's why no one played Quake anymore before lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Weapons being a really important pick up is such a good idea. What a shame they dumped it.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
lol this one is kinda recent. one of my friends told me to gently caress around on vrchat with him and we ended up doing shots irl and in the vr bar until I was so sloppy drunk my gf had to come drag me to bed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Being drunk in the VR Chat bar was the most epic thing of my life. I did it once where at some point I was shouting at some guy "Shut the gently caress up about being a McDonalds employee" and someone in the house was like What the fucks wrong with you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was told I would be killed if I ever went to a real bar. :cheerdoge:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://clips.twitch.tv/ConcernedLightMomVoteYea

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Being drunk in the VR Chat bar was the most epic thing of my life. I did it once where at some point I was shouting at some guy "Shut the gently caress up about being a McDonalds employee" and someone in the house was like What the fucks wrong with you.

Wormskull posted:

I was told I would be killed if I ever went to a real bar. :cheerdoge:

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this was the greatest night of content ever

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'd say this is a secret gaming demon because it's embarrassing enough I'd never tell anyone irl about it plus it's sort of a nightmare so that counts as a demon

I regularly (as in, at least twice a month) have a dream where I find some rundown store in some shithole part of the country and because it's in a pretty unpopular area filled with old people, they still have brand new copies of old games. Like in the dream I go into the video game section of the store and yeah they have ps4 stuff but under tons of dust they still have sealed nes games and snes consoles. I always climb up one of the shelves and there's an entire box of brand new snes consoles never opened. Oh and the prices are like $2 because they've been sitting there for years and no one buys them

I always get in a bad mood from it when I wake up and for a few hours I have a deep seething desire to buy a sealed nes game or new in the box Game Boy red play it now colored system on ebay.

tdm is always good and thank god bethesda made every other game mode worse so more people play it now

Your secret gaming demon is that you use Microsoft Edge lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I'd say this is a secret gaming demon because it's embarrassing enough I'd never tell anyone irl about it plus it's sort of a nightmare so that counts as a demon

I regularly (as in, at least twice a month) have a dream where I find some rundown store in some shithole part of the country and because it's in a pretty unpopular area filled with old people, they still have brand new copies of old games. Like in the dream I go into the video game section of the store and yeah they have ps4 stuff but under tons of dust they still have sealed nes games and snes consoles. I always climb up one of the shelves and there's an entire box of brand new snes consoles never opened. Oh and the prices are like $2 because they've been sitting there for years and no one buys them

I always get in a bad mood from it when I wake up and for a few hours I have a deep seething desire to buy a sealed nes game or new in the box Game Boy red play it now colored system on ebay.

I had a dream a few weeks ago where I discovered another basement under my basement (just bought a house a few months ago) that showed a serial killer used to live there and there was like dental torture equipment and other hosed up stuff, but also a room full of CIB retro games and consoles and also a Neo Geo cabinet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I had a dream a few weeks ago where I discovered another basement under my basement (just bought a house a few months ago) that showed a serial killer used to live there and there was like dental torture equipment and other hosed up stuff, but also a room full of CIB retro games and consoles and also a Neo Geo cabinet.

Congratulations on the new house. By the way for probably five years after I bought my house I had dreams of discovering new hidden parts of my house. Like "holy poo poo, there's an entire room I just found by accident, I'm gonna make it an arcade room" and that was another aggravating dream to wake up from. You can count on having a LOT of dreams about finding new rooms and even floors in your house for years to come.

It probably has something to do with paranoia that the new house isn't big enough even if it is. And of course we just mix video games in with it sometimes lol