Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i downloaded the digital version of Talisman a few years ago during the summer and would avoid work i was supposed to be be doing by watching MacGyver and absolutely housing the bots over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was dating a girl in college and she was hanging out at my place. i was joking around about how much Oblivion (on the 360) i'd been playing recently and she said she wanted to see it, so i loaded it up and started explaining my spellblade character, also trying to make it light and jokey, but when i looked over at her she had this really unnerved expression on her face.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
from the ages of like 13 to 15 i used to chat on this avatar based chat called "the palace".

you could save different avatars to different slots that you'd activate by pressing the number keys. people would "Duel" by saving DBZ and other fighting game sprites to various number slots on the keyboard and then click around the chat space hitting numbers to change their avatar and appear to be attacking their opponents.

there were also adult palaces where you could get avatars that were, well, you know, and i saved a few of those to a section of alt+number keys.

one time when i was dueling i accidentally pressed alt in the middle of a fight, and turned into a blonde with large exposed breasts, and pretty much the entire chat room laughed at me. i blamed it on a non-existent little brother, and then logged off of the anime dueling room for a week.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i had a job interview this past winter, and like the entire day beforehand, and even up to 3 hours before the interview, i payed stardew valley compulsively instead of doing prep. surprisingly, i didn't get the job.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Was playing some animeland weeb poo poo when my smokin hot gf Ciera walked in and I was like yoooo I was only watching hardcore fuckin fo shwizzle babygirl

Dude Wearing XXL PSO Launch Shirt from 2001: "Haha, drat, nice. So did she put you in the punishment closet after that?"

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
despite playing diablo 2 for years and years, i never bothered to get a character powerful enough for hell mode. my end-game was essentially nightmare meph runs.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

when modern warfare 1 was at its peak on xbox live, just about every other match had a 15 year old screaming the n word into the mic or calling people gay. that stuff's detestable to me (no poo poo) so i HAD to shut them down in a way that was fun for me and would make my friends crack up. which brings me to my gaming demon, which is that i basically spent all of my free time in 2008 telling teenagers i was going to suck their dads off

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Dracula has joined the chat.

lol, holy poo poo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Was rereading the thread to see if I missed anything and this reminded me that in middle school I made custom characters of all the girls I had a crush on in NBA Street Vol. 2 and beat the single player like 4 times to make their stats maxed out. I never told anybody about it until my friends were over and we started playing and I forgot the custom characters just get dropped into a Custom Team slot on the selection menu and everybody gave me poo poo about it for 2+ years.

phew

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was playing Medieval for the PS1 and got so pissed off at a mid-game section that i took the disc out of the playstation and used a pen to scratch its surface, and then lied and said that it had fallen when i was switching games. i still feel bad about it today, because it was like a new game at the time ;_;

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

spb posted:

this but game informer and Fable

i never really bought into the "plant an acorn and it will be an oak tree by the end of the game," so Fable to me was just an enjoyable and forgettable ARPG, but jesus, i can't believe people just kept buying molyneux's poo poo again and again after that

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

i filled an entire cart at toys r us with clearance skylanders, came home, unpackaged them all, and then played skylanders for an hour and put them away

i had a similar story, which is that i found a whole box of booster packs for an anime CCG at electronics boutique once, and was insanely excited to get home and open them, picturing being able to make epic magic the gathering style decks, but there were no instructions and it was before one could easily just find instructions for any game online, plus i didn't recognize any of the anime.

that box would probably be worth a lot of money if i'd held onto it without opening, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have also had the shop dream